Proximity Sensor not working

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi a week or so back my aunt dropped her phone and upon doing so cracked the screen in the top left area. So I ordered a replacement digitizer and fitted it myself but while I was at it I decided that as the warranty was gone at this point I may as well replace the stock firmware (I think it is B195, she received very little updates since she bought it from Carphone Warehouse in April or so last year) with that of CM11.

So unlocked the bootloader using the official method, flashed the recovery and installed cm11, however now whenever my aunt performs or receives a call her screen instantly goes black even though she hasn't yet put it to her ear. Now I instantly ruled it down to hardware related however she thinks that it was definitely working before I replaced the digitizer

So I flashed the stock b199 .zip found in the development section (here) and found that like cm11 the screen would go dark

so is this hardware related like I originally thought or does the official software version matter and I should have updated to the latest official OTA before unlocking the bootloader and installing the custom firmware

Guest Richard_Arkless

Side note the new digitizer had a fully transparent proximity sensor hole while the old one had a blue tint to it

I doubt it matters but it is worth mentioning

Edited by Richard_Arkless