Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest peppemaria

I've done all the procedures with Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit. after having the procedure done with flashtool something happened! because now before rebooting check an exclamation point with an inscription in Chinese below! not before sticking this in writing! and flash tool remains at zero%'ve tried all versions! I have to do? still is read by the PC and drivers as well. Recommended to try again with a pc with windows 7 or windows xp? I'm not too disheartened I'll never .. :(

Guest jay0ind

guys I have the procedure done with flash-tools and I will have done more damage .. now to check also restart a red exclamation mark with inscriptions in Chinese at the beginning (before rebooting) ... help me .. I am becoming convinced to send him back to china for warranty ..

I already used this tool and i have successfully completed...!!!

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJtzFDL#dir/path=%2FOfficial%20Coolpad%20F1%20WCDMA%20020%20factory%20rom%20and%20flashing%20tool

For step by step tutorial as per dakok post...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/371968-coolpad-f1-8297w/page-22

Edited by jay0ind

Guest peppemaria

procedure that does not work I will have done a thousand times .. here does not make me put the pictures .. I do not know how to do .. I want you to see the writing in Chinese under the exclamation point!

Guest dakok

I think that your problem is drivers and windows 8.

Chinese folks recommend the use of windows xp for flashing and driver compatibility.

Find another pc with 32 bit xp

Guest sina1212

I'm interested for led notification for applications such as Viber, WhatsApp..

LED me know -only that app started LED on coolpad f1.

Im using coolpad official rom 029

and my led only blinked for missed calls, messages, and charging.

Anyone know how to set up this?

Guest h3dshot

Arggghh stock rom frustrations! I don't like the default coolui phone, call log and sms apps but any replacement installed won't pick up all the notifications and the Green LED will continue to flash until you acknowledge the missed call/sms in the coolpad dialer/call log/messaging apps.

If I freeze the above with titanium backup any replacement apps won't work :(

Any suggestions?

bump

Guest jay0ind

Hi all,

I have flash new ColorOS 2.0 TD-SCDMA Firmware (Convert to WCDMA by Replace system/etc/firmware)...

http://www.romzj.com/resources/default.html?view=rom&id=17175

Very nice & very smooth...now i faced one issue when i receive incoming call   "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"   mean incoming call block issue...

Any Solution...???

Guest kompot

Guys,

Anybody using MIUI experiencing problems with Google Maps? It crashes each time I'm trying to start navigation :/

I'd be grateful for help!

Guest bryfly

Guys,

Anybody using MIUI experiencing problems with Google Maps? It crashes each time I'm trying to start navigation :/

I'd be grateful for help!

There is a lot on this thread about maps crashing if you do a search, download new maps from below and do not allow auto updating and it will be ok

Google Maps (version that doesn't crash - Bryfly's find)

Download

Guest kompot

That's perfect Bryfly! Thank you. I couldn't find anything when I was searching for topics, guess I was looking for wrong things... Anyway, many thanks, works like a charm now.

Guest peppemaria

I'm sending my smartphone back to etotalk .. after various tests since yesterday not even go into fastboot mode I think is a hard brick

Guest dalyer

That's perfect Bryfly! Thank you. I couldn't find anything when I was searching for topics, guess I was looking for wrong things... Anyway, many thanks, works like a charm now.

Don't use the site's own search - just use Google - e.g. Google modaco coolpad f1 maps crash etc.

Guest dalyer

I'm sending my smartphone back to etotalk .. after various tests since yesterday not even go into fastboot mode I think is a hard brick

Are you sure that they'll take it back?

Did it arrive bricked or did you brick it by doing something?

Did you try a non Windows 8 PC and the other stuff?

Sounds like Windows 8 could be part of your problem.

Guest h3dshot
No I haven't tried the lite version, I don't like the sms phone call and call log apps, they make no sense eg. If I send a text to someone and they reply I don't get a name on the thread and it saves it as two threads:one sent and one received. I've also had a few instances where I had to reboot the phone because video playback messed up and would just show a black screen put play the audio.

Guest dalyer

Thanks - I was just curious.

I haven't had a chance to play with my F1 yet - just installed jonzalvo's Pure AOSP and had a quick look.

I was thinking of trying the stock 029 lite.

Guest slime00

an update is expected neat he end of the month, here what google translate says:

F1 mobile version of Okami official version will be updated later this month , is expected version number is 086. 

Updated as follows:

Camera:
       Optimization effect parameters to improve clarity
       Focus Camera mode can not fix problems

Cool steward:
       Access control inside the software fix the problem of missing
       Crash repair a key clean-up problems
       Fix error problems accelerated cleanup

System:
       Senior masquerading repair privacy mode
       Contacts error fix the problem
       Wifi fix problems fast switching times failure

According to the instructions you can choose whether to upgrade the version update.
       By then, welcome to the Friends of updates cool experience, if the problem can be unified in this post reply, there will be someone to collect the problem, thank you!

Guest slime00

ahahah, only google allows us to know what happens over there!

If I could install gravitybox, I would have tested that AOSP deeply (the chinese user seems to have it in those screenshots, but I didn't manage to install it!). It seemed nice, only volume call was low from what I tested (it shouldn't be a problem to raise it with mobiluncle)

Guest h3dshot

@emjot 

any chance we could get a mirror for your MIUI rom? I don't fancy disabling my adblocker for needrom and im guessing it would be a slow download speed anyway. Can you upload to devhost or goo.im or the likes please?