Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest qwazar87

Tomorrow I think I will solve this problem- when download firmware for flashtool. My internet connection is very slowly(

Guest pletko

downloading now and i will try. eta: 1hr 12 mins soooo.... late this evening since i'm going out now, there's a humanitarian activity for the flooded areas in croatia...

Guest bryfly

@dadok re the original 015 rom above, is it a rooted version or original with no changes,do you think going back to this rom would re-install the ability to update ota....

also it is an rar can it be turned into a zip file to install through CWM

Guest dakok

Rar firmware is for unpacking then flashing thru wire (usb - flashtool)

Dunno if it is rooted, I have 015 on but don't know is this the same one

That multilanguage rom is from a seller.

I found it at 4pda

Guest bryfly

Rar firmware is for unpacking then flashing thru wire (usb - flashtool)

Dunno if it is rooted, I have 015 on but don't know is this the same one

This link seems to be the original rom with no changes which will re-enable ota updates for those that want it, joined and tried to download, cannot do a straight forward download for some reason......... is this the same one you downloaded dakok, if not any chance you could get it?

http://bbs.ydss.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=417103&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D2295%26typeid%3D2295

also mentions 015 official package push to upgrade to 020 after seemingly unable to root it

Guest pletko

i give up. let me know when somebody manages to root this piece of s***.. by that time it's going in my drawer. what a waste of money, what a disappointment...

Guest dakok

Come on. Don't surrender yet! :)

Did you do the flashtool procedure this way?

1. Turn off the phone (do not connect the cable to your computer)

2. Take out the battery and insert it back without attaching a cable to the computer.

3. Run Flash Tool

4. Push the button Scatter-loading

5. Select the file scatter.txt (It is located in the firmware of img / bin files)

6. Click Download

7. Connect your phone to your computer and wait for the download to complete. After completion you will see a new window with a green circle.

8. You can disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it on.

Note: It is not necessary to remove the battery each time

(this is translated from 4PDA post - F1 topic)

Guest qwazar87

i give up. let me know when somebody manages to root this piece of s***.. by that time it's going in my drawer. what a waste of money, what a disappointment...

Have you used chinese SP Flashtool - on a page with the firmware? 

Guest emjot

https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=QsSXznG4kxKUEhY7Ld5cQjZLckrcj7mDNtG3FwYGmIQ%3D

Can someone try this? it seems to be emjot's miui with a better camera

I have tested this, and I do not see much improvement. Yesterday I have tested a lot of cameras on the phone, and with Cinema FV-5 I got great, I repeat great results even in low light conditions. But it is a paid app, and only records video. Looking into apk there were no additional libraries, so it seems everything is already on the phone, it is just poor camera apk that is holding us back. That is great news. The only thing to find is good working camera apk, or use Cinema FV-5

Guest dakok

As an addition to the nayparm's short guide for using TD-SCMA version MIUI roms on our phone (WCDMA),

here comes the manual patch from 4PDA member tiger.sumy:

WCDMA Modem Files

What this means?

You can use any TD-SCDMA version rom from Chinese forums (and there is quite a lot of them there)

and convert it to our WCDMA version.  :wub:

Procedure is very simple:

Copy archive files to the path: \system\etc\firmware\  and set permissions in any root explorer, then reboot phone

Edited by dakok

Guest emjot

@qwazar87 looks like you soft-bricked your phone, didn't you read the first post saying that flashing with sdcard inserted could very well lead to soft brick?

@emjot

is there a way to root one of the latest (maybe even the latest) version of the rom? all i am looking for really is to change my rom. please help, nothing worked so far - vroot, snsroot, flash tools...

I am preparing SP Flash Tool version of my MIUI ROM - will test it shortly and then upload. It has CWM and root on it. Maybe it will help you.

Guest nayparm

As an addition to the nayparm's short guide for using TD-SCMA version MIUI roms on our phone (WCDMA),

here comes the manual patch from 4PDA member tiger.sumy:

WCDMA Modem Files

What this means?

You can use any TD-SCDMA version rom from Chinese forums (and there is quite a lot of them there)

and convert it to our WCDMA version.  :wub:

Procedure is very simple:

Copy archive files to the path: \system\etc\firmware\  and set permissions in any root explorer, then reboot phone

Just to note that the tiger.sumy zip only contains the 2 modem files. I don't know if its good or bad to only copy them as opposed to the full firmware directory, I suppose it depends on the rom you are converting. I did the full directory as a few of the other files in the 015 stock rom seemed newer and larger than the ones contained in the miui rom. 

Guest pletko

Come on. Don't surrender yet! :)

Did you do the flashtool procedure this way?

did that multiple times, always get the same error - BROM ERROR error: S_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL (2035).

Have you used chinese SP Flashtool - on a page with the firmware? 

yes

I am preparing SP Flash Tool version of my MIUI ROM - will test it shortly and then upload. It has CWM and root on it. Maybe it will help you.

let's hope so but the problem is that i cannot install any other cwm. 

Guest dakok

Just to note that the tiger.sumy zip only contains the 2 modem files. I don't know if its good or bad to only copy them as opposed to the full firmware directory, I suppose it depends on the rom you are converting. I did the full directory as a few of the other files in the 015 stock rom seemed newer and larger than the ones contained in the miui rom. 

I think it could be also checked by comparing two 075 roms from ydss forum - one original TD-SCDMA and the other - adapted for WCDMA by ydss member phantom

Why is this important - we could have fresh TD factory roms for our phone this way. If the procedure works as advertised :D

Very kind of you! I hope that Pletko (and others) will be saved, after all :D