Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest qwazar87

did that multiple times, always get the same error - BROM ERROR error: S_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL (2035).

yes

let's hope so but the problem is that i cannot install any other cwm. 

This mistake shows on this firmware Coolpad_F1_8297W_4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W?

Guest Robi4ok

@robi4ok

Problem with rooting is solved, in a way. You have to take a look at one of my previous posts. One should use

Flashtool and install english recovery only. Not the whole rom. Just the CWM recovery.

Then do the nandroid/CWM backup. Then you can flash other (rooted) rom with your CWM. 

Not very complicated, actualy. Trickiest part is a proper driver instalation.

For those who updated to 021 - you wouldn't have the problem if you made a cwm backup first :D

I am not strong in this. Is there any guide to install english recovery with flashtool(or SP flashtool?).

Guest slime00

I have tested this, and I do not see much improvement. Yesterday I have tested a lot of cameras on the phone, and with Cinema FV-5 I got great, I repeat great results even in low light conditions. But it is a paid app, and only records video. Looking into apk there were no additional libraries, so it seems everything is already on the phone, it is just poor camera apk that is holding us back. That is great news. The only thing to find is good working camera apk, or use Cinema FV-5

there is camera Fv-5 from the same author for photos, right now I don't have the mobile with me, but works good on my lenovo. You could try this app and see what happens. If you have both camera FV-5 and cinema FV-5, you can easily switch between both apps, without having to manually switch between the two. From the descripiton:

now it is possible to switch to video mode. The brand-new Cinema FV-5 app is detected and launched if available. Otherwise, it is possible to use any third-party video recording application or use the stock videocamera app

Edited by slime00

Guest johnickz

Hello there! 

First of all with all Custom Roms I ve tried (AOSP, MIUI) the phone is going very very well with the photos. So I think that just the stock apk for camera is bad (at least the .015 multi that came with)!

Second I saw some posts in Spanish forums and YDSS in China about rooting the phone so if you have any problems with the root of .021 version then there is where you must search first and hope that the google translate do the trick!

Third, does anyone know a simple way to import some Languages in MIUI version I found in YDSS (has English-Chinese only)!!

Thank you guys.

Guest qwazar87

How to resurrect the phone after formating sd card with note 3 rom?( I try another computer with xp - the same mistake in flashtools BROM ERROR: S_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL(2035)

I have used en/cn firmware for TD-SCDMA version v  046

Guest Maringer

He can't get root. You need root access to install CWM, even using Mobile Uncle. That's the main issue, in fact - the OTA update to 021 permanently removes the ability to root the phone.

Hmmm. I presume that the stock Chinese recovery doesn't allow the installation of third party ROMs?

Guest pletko

nope

So try with http://www.needrom.com/mobile/f1-miui-8297w/ and MTK Flash Tool from here: http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/bb/?8379. Good luck!

You need to download version ending with "_spflash"

didn't work, this version throws an error, saying that the scatter file in the SP_something isn't valid. i tried on different version of SP flash tools and i get the same error - brom blablabla... same s***

Edited by pletko

Guest Maringer

If nothing suggested on here works, I'd imagine it will be a wait to see what the Chinese forums come up with. Just a pity that they are so incomprehensible, even after translation.

Guest qwazar87

nope

didn't work, this version throws an error, saying that the scatter file in the SP_something isn't valid. i tried on different version of SP flash tools and i get the same error - brom blablabla... same s***

Maybe is need  to put the SP Flashtool and firmware To C drive? Example:C/SP Flashtools/ Coolpad firmware

Guest bryfly

Well managed to go back to the original rom 015, from the modified one I received from china which was rooted and with google, have now got access to update ota, but I need to get google and CWM back.

From what I have read here I need to root the phone before doing the ota , then how do I get google and cwm back and will I loose ability to ota updates when I do that.

Guest bryfly

I cannot reproduce this so I a doing from memory, tried to root the original Chinese version 015 from vroot, failed, on the fail screen I had root manual, this took me to the web site where I had to select manufacturer = cool and model = 8297 Unicom version and it rooted it fine, this might help somebody as long as I remembered right....