Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest pletko

I guess so, thinking about flashing it this afternoon but miui is behaving just fine for the moment. I just miss the good ol' aosp :-)

Guest dakok

Thanks but it is late now. :D

That Mogu OS is actually the pure AOSP with only 10 apps and it is only 150 MB.

You can try it with that gapps...

I flashed one Lewa which is very good and now switched to custom Coolpad factory 025.

I removed most of the chinese apps, I freezed some or disabled or they can be hidden.

It is very good for now, smooth and with a lot of free ram. I didn't know that CoolLife UI can be this much customised :D

Screenshot_2014_06_07_00_46_35.jpg

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-427990-1-1.html

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDIMbXR

Edited by dakok

Guest jay0ind

Hi all,

I am also very interested in ColorOS. It is very nice and stable rom. i also faced issue about WHATSAPP. But still now i can't find solution from some Chinese Forum...i used "gapps-jb-20130812-signed" for Google Play Services. It is working ok, find some bugs but othervise working ok...

I used this version of ColorOS...  "http://www.romjd.com/Rom/Detail/32080"

Download Link  "http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqedUNM"

Google Apps and English Keyboard not included, go to "http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip" English Keyboard download from playstore...

Guest jay0ind

Thanks but it is late now. :D

That Mogu OS is actually the pure AOSP with only 10 apps and it is only 150 MB.

You can try it with that gapps...

I flashed one Lewa which is very good and now switched to custom Coolpad factory 025.

I removed most of the chinese apps, I freezed some or disabled or they can be hidden.

It is very good for now, smooth and with a lot of free ram. I didn't know that CoolLife UI can be this much customised :D

Screenshot_2014_06_07_00_46_35.jpg

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-427990-1-1.html

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDIMbXR

Hi,

Can you guide to Disable CRT screen-off effects...

I hate this...

Guest jay0ind

Find several whatsap versions and try them :)

I also tried, but no success...(tried also Latest Version of Whatsapp+... :( :( :( )

Guest Maringer

Hmmm. I've been using emjot's MIUI (his v02) without issues but I went away this weekend and discovered that I have a problem with the Google Maps app. Endless force closes. I've tried removing and reinstalling but it seems there is some kind of an issue there.

It didn't prove too much of a problem as I was able to access Maps via a browser, but a slight inconvenience. I'll perhaps try emjot's v03 and see if the issue remains there as well.

Guest bryfly

Hmmm. I've been using emjot's MIUI (his v02) without issues but I went away this weekend and discovered that I have a problem with the Google Maps app. Endless force closes. I've tried removing and reinstalling but it seems there is some kind of an issue there.It didn't prove too much of a problem as I was able to access Maps via a browser, but a slight inconvenience. I'll perhaps try emjot's v03 and see if the issue remains there as well.

Have the same problem with maps on Coolpad v29 and Coolpad v15, both phones have force closing with Google maps

Guest bryfly

the same on Jonzalvo's 2.0. I guess it's some problem of the app at this point.

Hopefully that is the case, but my vowney v5 is running the same version of maps and does not have the problem???

Guest slime00

I really don't know, but if three (or four) different roms have all the same problems, maybe it's something related to the phone ( maybe hardware compatibility issue with last version of maps). Could it be something about the partition of the memory's phone? I think that previous Jonzalvo's rom with altered memory files still works without problems, all the roms with issues have the stock memory structure.

Guest bryfly

I really don't know, but if three (or four) different roms have all the same problems, maybe it's something related to the phone ( maybe hardware compatibility issue with last version of maps). Could it be something about the partition of the memory's phone? I think that previous Jonzalvo's rom with altered memory files still works without problems, all the roms with issues have the stock memory structure.

not sure about that, have read on google a comment about going back to ver 8.0 will fix it and on play store when selecting maps and reading comments seems there might be something wrong, sometimes I get it to work, but then my GPS is a mile off........

Guest Raymond Castro

Latest version of maps is working properly on my phone with jonzalvo's ver 2.0

Edit. It is now crashing after using it for a bit. After the initial crash I can no longer use it anymore. Ir crashes every time after just one second

Edited by Raymond Castro

Guest Maringer

Latest version of maps is working properly on my phone with jonzalvo's ver 2.0

Edit. It is now crashing after using it for a bit. After the initial crash I can no longer use it anymore. Ir crashes every time after just one second

Yep - that's the same situation I encountered with MIUI. It initially worked fine for a minute or so before the crashes commenced. It looks as though the app loads up OK but then an option screen attempts to appear (for some reason?) and this is where it crashes.

Guest dakok

This one is good:

[ROM] Coolpad 8297W 029 - based on official rom by Sister_aa 

Rom is very fast, it has root and 90% of China apps are already removed

(I was pissed off when saw a lot of icons, but that were only empty ones) 

You'll have to remove them from desktop since they point to nowhere :).

1) Prepare gapps, a keyboard (Kii is nice), some camera app and move that on your SD card. (or find it in Google Play later on)

2) Flash the rom, remove junk apps, flash gapps.

3) Uninstall remaining apps:

1. Photos (Camera and galery - doesn't work)
  2. Weather Forecast (Chinese)
  3. Web Browser (you may leave it) - it has blue globe icon
  4. An app with the white T on the blue shield
  5. Ifly - this is chinese keyboard

I used Uninstaller app (red icon with white trash basket) for those above..

Enjoy :)

Description in Chinese

Download

P.S.

Rom has excellent and fluid List View animations.

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

does anybody else have problems with vibration on jonzalvo's roms? haptic feedback refuses to work, vibration on ringtone doesn't work (yes, i checked at the right place, it's turned ON)... unacceptable. miui works fine but it obviously has a different modem file flashed since my network and wifi signals are somewhat weaker

Guest Maringer

It may also be that the different ROMs use the same modem files, yet the ROMs themselves report signal strength differently.

Plenty of apps and widgets available which could test this.

I note that emjot has released another update to MIUI which also uses the libs from the Coolpad 081 release. I'll give it a try later on. Will be interesting to see if this resolves the Maps crashing issue.

Guest dakok

You guys put the spell on Google Maps! :)

It was just fine with several roms I tried and now it crashes?

It has nothing to do with Jonzalvo (or it has since the problem appeared after flashing AOSP yesterday)

Factory rom 029 is going well, now loaded with apps...

Edited by dakok