Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest prile

I've just recieved my f1, here's the about device. It's build 62.

post-1043043-14047345431785_thumb.jpg

It came rooted and with gap,s, with minimum bloatware. I got a neat looking silicone mask, charger with Eu adapter and a few gifts. (stylus pen,stand, screen protector, that fish for headphones, USB card reader...)

I'll put cwm later, make a mangrove backup and try out the 029 lite rom.

Edit2: whats the 029 lite like? Is it this same rom without tthe bloatware?

Edit: damn swiftkey, nandroid not mangrove :D

Edited by prile

Guest Maringer

It's the .015 in the build number which indicates the version of software you have, so that is one of the older ones (though still perfectly sound).

I'm using emjot's MIUI which is good, but may give one of the 'lite' Coollife ROMs a try later this week if I find the time.

Not quite a much football on TV any longer so I have more free time. ;)

Guest prile

So i shouldnt autoupdate it in any case cause I'll get 021/026 version with no chance to get root back, right?

Edited by prile

Guest dakok

You won't get update since it is rooted. Wait few more days for the rom change since 035 factory rom is announced

to be out soon.

If it autoupdates by some magic, don't worry since it can be rooted now without problem.

If you decide to flash 029 lite, there's a new release from yesterday.

There is also 034 which is very good (I have it on phone now)

Guest prile

Please can you give me links to those two, cause i have the older 29lite downloaded at home. You can pm it to me if you want.

Guest dakok

[ROM] 029 Lite v3 by ATX Team - Watch out for ATX rom releases. They proved themselves to be good on Huawei G300 roms

• Based on the latest official 029 production from the entire network purest ROM 
  • perfect ROOT privileges, will not rebound
  • on the desktop icon into the re-arrangement, and remove unwanted icons 
  • added busybox instruction set, 
  • remove the boot sound, etc. Cool 
  • merger ODEX, more convenient to everyone DIYROM 
  • fix alarm FC, has been perfect, everyone on their own experience 
  • to solve the next problem to set up a small FC and ATX set inlaid into the 
  • re-edit style, transparent global framework to support transparent to the desktop
  • [color = # ff to solve the next problem to set up a small FC, and set inlaid into the ATX 
  • power supported by a percentage, you can switch under Settings / battery 
  • status bar is set to add support of the status bar color custom colors, support transparency, we own settings, the default boot black 
  • screen to add ZTE assistant, likes to be on their own ATX is set to open 
  • to add goggles, set to open in the ATX 
  • add a status bar displays speed, support the switch 
  • to add a list of magic fun animations, support switch, turn off the other functions 
  • (see ATX Advanced Settings thank ZJL and R9) 
  • to streamline the most useless program, system is quite pure 
  • zipalign ROM has been optimized to reduce memory usage 
  • optimization optimize global touch 3G network effect response 
  • optimization underlying framework to optimize power consumption, more power
  • to add RE Manager 
  • ING market add 
  • detail to adjust their own experience,,,
Edited by dakok

Guest jay0ind

Coolpad F1 Boot Logo Mod

- First Bootlogo changed

- Install instructions

Copy update.zip (Attached) to SD Card

Reboot to Recovery Mode (Volume UP + Power Button)

choose update.zip from sdcard

Reboot phone...

update.zip

post-1042289-0-75660100-1404767295_thumb

Guest prile

I've decided to put back original ROM that I've got with the phone.

It was with less bloatware then 029 lite and 029 v3.

Take a look at the apps: (I've added tapatalk whatsapp and maps)

post-1043043-14047733620398_thumb.jpg

post-1043043-14047733620398_thumb.jpg

And that's it. I'm pretty satisfied with the ROM for today, we'll see when the excitement splashes down a bit :)

post-1043043-1404773381308_thumb.jpg

Guest dalyer

I've decided to put back original ROM that I've got with the phone.

What ROM was that?

An earlier version of Coolpad's stock CoolLife UI?

Guest prile

Is gravitybox working on your coolpad? I've tried to set some things like transparent statusbar, clock in the middle of status bar, quick settings change, but none of those work after reboot... Do you maybe know the reason?

Guest Maringer

I seem to recall that I used gravitybox on Jonzalvo's AOSP ROM without any problems. This was a couple of months ago, however, so my memory is a little hazy on the matter!

I now use the WSM tools mod on MIUI which provides xposed-style functions and this works as well.

Guest prile

There's a link on my link (lol) and it says:

• so i guess that's the same thing?

Do you know some good message app? This default message app has different messages for inbox and outbox, it's so bad :D

I guess i could try hangouts for sms. What do you guys use?

Is there a way to make the quick settings look like tiles by default without clicking on the top right button, rather than that slider?

Edited by prile

Guest dalyer

There are two jonzalvo AOSPs - "pure" and the other one. :) I don't really know what the differences are but I thought that "pure" was more recent and maybe "better"? I've played with it a little but not enough to comment much...

I use Textra for messaging in case that's of any use.

Edited by dalyer

Guest h3dshot

There's a link on my link (lol) and it says:

• so i guess that's the same thing?

Do you know some good message app? This default message app has different messages for inbox and outbox, it's so bad :D

I guess i could try hangouts for sms. What do you guys use?

Is there a way to make the quick settings look like tiles by default without clicking on the top right button, rather than that slider?

Come to the dark side (MIUI) ON COOLPAD rom the led will still blink for sms+phone call even if you are using a different app instead. So you always have to go back into the official messaging app to stop led blinking

Guest prile

I'm getting annoyed by the few things in my rom:
- I set the swiftkey keyboard for default and it keeps getting android keyboard back after a few uses. 

- With whatsapp I had to manually put some notification sound cause by default there was no sound

- Yesterday I installed all my apps, and this morning when i click on tapatalk i get the message "app isn't installed". The same thing with tasker. I put them back again, rebooted the phone later and again with tasker I get "app isn't installed". When I put it up back again, it has all my profiles saved, but the app just goes away...

- That default message app is so bad, I mean getting the sent and recieved messages of the same person in different chats....

I'll try joznalvo's aosp v1.1. and hope for better luck with the things I said above. Besides that few things, rom was working fine...

Guest dalyer

It's not clear to me what ROM you are on now?

One of the AOSPs or something else?

Guest dakok

Besides ColorOS from OPPO and FunTouch OS from Vivo phones, there is 

MyUI OS - software that operates Green Orange phones:

div9.jpg

FIRE group from Odd Rabbit forum has one for our phone and it's rated pretty good (9.3) by now

If you want to see how MyUI launcher looks like - check it here

Guest h3dshot

- I set the swiftkey keyboard for default and it keeps getting android keyboard back after a few uses.

- With whatsapp I had to manually put some notification sound cause by default there was no sound

- Yesterday I installed all my apps, and this morning when i click on tapatalk i get the message "app isn't installed". The same thing with tasker. I put them back again, rebooted the phone later and again with tasker I get "app isn't installed". When I put it up back again, it has all my profiles saved, but the app just goes away...

- That default message app is so bad, I mean getting the sent and recieved messages of the same person in different chats....

I'll try joznalvo's aosp v1.1. and hope for better luck with the things I said above. Besides that few things, rom was working fine...

I Had the same.issue with apps being uninstalled after reboot. Its vroot or rom related

Guest gordito

- I set the swiftkey keyboard for default and it keeps getting android keyboard back after a few uses. 

I Had the same.issue with apps being uninstalled after reboot. Its vroot or rom related

Αlso had the same issue, very annoying.

What rom are you both using?