Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

You flashed original rom and it's fine

I flashed borsosg's rom with modified /firmware map and can9t make calls.

Strange...

But it doesn't matter. I like CoolLife UI more :)

Guest baniko

I try the MyUI. First impression, good.

It has not so "sophisticated" appearance, like Lewa v5 (or MIUI!) but is beautiful, is nice.
For sure is fast (faster from Lewa).

I like it. I wil keep it for the next week and see.

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Ive also tried MYUI but Maildroid doesnt work in that ROM.

YunOS is also a good ROM, but ive had many force close issues with some of my apps.

ColorOS2 is very nice, but whatsapp doesnt work

ColorOS 1.4 is the next best backup. Everything seems to work so far

AOSP is ok, but reminds me too much of Lewa, which isnt so dynamic

The Note 3 Rom from pan.baidu boot loops so cant try it.

Any other roms i can try.

Guest baniko

on my ui, the memory seems broken (like the v1 AOSP)

Why did you say this?

In my phone, i see only the SD card, like:

- Phone storage, from the settings/storage, or

- SDcard, from the file manager.

I do't see any other memory, but i think is not exist other available memory for data. The internal memory is for the apps only, so is logical ( i think).

Guest pletko

a couple of days back i noticed i get the "no connection" error when starting google play. i tried re-flashing gapps and clearing google play cache but nothing worked. i can't seem to get it to work and i installed absolutely nothing new. 

i guess i will be looking for another rom...

Guest borsosg
Guest EvilSeamanRuby

LINKY 

heres the link to the baidu list

the Note 3 rom is at the bottom of the page.

THeres a new releease of the YUNOS too. Ill dload later and test

ESR

Guest slime00

OK, it's a deal - you try that one and I'll flash new Baidu 052:

Download

I tried that s5 rom briefly... It's nice, smooth and multilanguage! But obviously it has some bugs: internal memory and sd card are recognised, but swapped (so I assume that if you format the sd you softbrick the phone), the settings button (the one on the left of the phone) doesn't seem to work properly (it works the same as the long pression of the home button), didn't test bluetooth, gps and wifi, mobile data are ok. If they fix those two major bugs, the rom could be a nice contender between custom roms!

I tried also the 036 atx lite, and found that the camera has been improved. I made some photos both with AOSP and this one and you could notice some differences. I wonder if it's possible to update the AOSP with the last libs (replacing only the libcameracustom doesn't change anything)

Edited by slime00

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

JUst tried the VIBE rom... Its slick.

from what i can gather so far its a Lenovo port and everything seems to stack up. Maildroid and whatsapp are working. maps are cool and no FCs so far.

Setup was easy and English straight off the bat.

Settings are extensive and easily navagated. Only downpoint so far is theres no app drawer but NovaLauncher soon fixed that.

Will report back with further updates later.

ESR

Guest prile

Today I was playing the walking dead for about half an hour and after that my phone rang: I put it on my ear and it was so hot I couldn't hold it against the ear...

Could it be becaus3 of the rom? It's jonzalvo's AOSP 1.1.

Any of you got some similar problems during games or something else?

Guest slime00

yes, it gets hotter. try disabling the battery saving option in the battery menu, I'm doing some tests and it seems to go better (and it's weird, since it should be the opposite). You have to uncheck it every time your phone boots.

Guest gordito

the settings button (the one on the left of the phone) doesn't seem to work properly (it works the same as the long pression of the home button)

Its an S5 rom, on S5 there is no 'menu' button but a recents button. Thats why you get the 'long press home' behaviour.

Im trying the  AOSP 2.0 (The 30-June version) and it seems ok.

Im gonna give the phone away, what complaints you have from that rom?

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Just had to ditch VIBE rom as it was generating too much heat.

Ive been running MYUI for the last 24 hrs and the updated version has had a few things fixed. Whatsap is working, as is maps and maildroid.

Coolpad_8297W_MY_UI_v14.07.09_Deeply_Changed.zip

the only nag is that the UI settings font is too dark which is difficult to read. its only on the homescreen for the System Setings options. but hey its shaping up to be a keeper.

ESR

Guest slime00

I don't remember if that's the version I had tried, can you tell me if the memory are displayed correctly (both sd and internal storage) and if they are not recognised as swapped? thanks!

Im gonna give the phone away, what complaints you have from that rom?

- it gets hot when you use the phone a lot (but that may be a phone's fault, since i tried also with miui and was the same. If you uncheck the battery saving option, it seems it goes slightly better (this requires more testing, it's only an impression right now)
- it doesn't remember to keep the debug usb on and the battery saving mode off (when you turn off the phone, debug has to be activated, or you can't connect the phone to the pc)
- camera is a little poorer than the latest coolpad official releases.

I don't remeber other issues, but as you can see they are not vital, but if you want to sell it I think you should inform the buyer about this (at least the first two)!

Edited by slime00

Guest EvilSeamanRuby

Yes the memeory for the sd card insnt displayed. But still another 24hr use and no issues.

Ive also righted the gps epo file and set it to the uk rather than china. Accuracy is to within about 3 meters