Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest jakethedooggg

Yeah. :D

Now for something to break the spell:

232656p1hpv83chv1hncsk.jpg

Could be true, at least kernel is updated. But, the blue signal icons? Are they on Kit Kat? Idk.

Br.

Guest jakethedooggg

True that, I hope it work well. IOcean upgraded to Kit Kat and their roms have lots of bugs... (never tried, my old iOcean doesn't support it yet... but in their Facebook page)

Guest a_stefane

Hi,

does this phone support OTG function ? ... i see OTG will not work with some rom's

Edited by a_stefane

Guest slime00

new 090 (TDSCMA) out tomorrow

090 version update is expected on August 1, as follows:

Cool housekeeper:
      Cool housekeeper to clean stop running repair problems

Music:
      Music sporadic error problem

System:
      Screen appears after the repair Youku video playback switch the screen anyway dislocation problem
      Repair system volume after the restart to restore the default settings of the problem
      Wifi fix problems fast switching times failure
      Image restoration music widget auto update feature
      Optimize system memory footprint after a long-running

Audio:
      Optimize sound adjustment problems span

GPS:
      GPS positioning to optimize network

Guest slime00

let's hope to have some news about it! 

Meanwhile, Coolpad seems to be on fire, it seems it will release two high-end smartphones (No MTK!) 

http://gsminsider.com/2014/07/specs-leak-coolpad-9971-snapdragon-801-chipset-2k-display/

http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/07/25/the-next-coolpad-daguan-phone-will-be-made-of-kevlar/

Now those are a top-tier phones, the first one will battle with the Oneplus One, galaxy s5 and Mi4... while the second one with the new tegra k1 should be even more powerful! let's hope Coolpad lowers the prices also on the high-end market!

Edited by slime00

Guest slime00

yes, i think it would cost even more... but if you consider that, from those specs, it has the potential to be way ahead from the most powerful smartphones out now (700/800 usd ones), if they keep it under the 600usd pricetag it would be a first step to contain the enormus (not worthy) expensiviness of those devices, or at least offering something that's really on another league! But I really don't mind those phone that go for more than 200 usd anyway, we all chinese phone users know that if we only wait a year from now, we can take a phone with similar specs to this year flagship phones in a range of price between 130 and 160 usd!

Guest dakok

I agree. Maybe not with all the flagship bells and whistles

but surely twice as fast as the ones we already have and of a slightly better quality. At least. :D

Guest nsmacd1

Just got mine through the post,so can anyone recommend a good (rooted) ROM to use

I currently have GooglePlaystore in Chinese and cannot see my SD card in Windows (I have tried the 3 USB options, but can only access the phone and device SD)?

Thanks!

Guest xeros2

Has anyone found a way to mount sd card as usb mass storage?

MTP is really gimicky and annoying :(

DriveDroid - I'm using it as workaround for the same issue on my LG L3 with CM9.

You can set device file instead of ISO image.

It also can set ADB(debugging)+mass storage[+tether] modes.

Edited by xeros2

Guest nsmacd1

I keep getting a message that the device needs updating and it downloads a 13MB update.zip file (to the root of the SD card), but it cannot install it.

Current system version - 4.2.020.p0.140409.8297w

Update system version - 4.2.021.P0.140414.8297W

It reports various errors, whether I try and install it via CWM or by MobileUncle - Anyone got any ideas how to get round it (I have re-downloaded numerous times)

Failed to verify whole-file signature

Assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device)

E:Error in data/media/0/update.zip

Installation aborted

The phone seems to keep losing root, and I need to keep re-doing it using the VRoot app that came with the phone, if that could be an issue?

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest dakok

How do I look at that matter:

No point in keeping pure factory CoolLifeUI system just to be ready for the next OTA release.

There is a lot of china apps there and if you remove that you're losing the upgrade ability.

You can simply flash one of the latest ATX customised factory rom releases (036 or 038) or find latest AOSP rom from Jonzalvo...

Put the rom on SD card, use CWM or TWRP and - voila!

Edited by dakok

Guest trashbat

Just got a Samsung Note 3 from work so my F1 (reluctantly) is surplus to requirements. Going to put it on ebay and would appreciate any thoughts on a reasonable price? (In UK)

PM sent 

Guest bradipo82

Hello. Hi, I've buyed this phone from mixeshop, I have one problem...the phone doesn't have vibration, no vibrate feedback and no vibrate when someone call me.

I've tried with original rom and with aosp, the results is the same   :( ... what I can do?