Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

I think there is MIUI 3a version at needrom that has MTK Tweaks (the heater :)) removed, or something

@slime00

Did you flash gapps separately or together with the rom?

P.S.

a new Color OS is out!

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

I think there is MIUI 3a version at needrom that has MTK Tweaks (the heater :)) removed, or something

@slime00

Did you flash gapps separately or together with the rom?

P.S.

a new Color OS is out!

With jonzalvo's pure gapps are inclueded, when I try roms without gapps, i install them after the first boot.

Stratos I don't know what its limits are, when it starts to get hot I turn off the camera and leave the phone "on rest" until it's cooler!

Edited by slime00

Guest StratosGK

I will try flashing 4.6.13 Miui by Lbxb and see if there are any differences.

I just flashed it and i have to say that it seems to be very good but still, after 2 minutes of youtube the phone have reached 43°C on the top near the speaker.

Edited by StratosGK

Guest jay0ind

Still used ColorOS 1.4. no heat issue and battery life about two days with wifi and 3g data on...also Whatsapp working nice... :)

Hello Guys,

For a month I have my Coolpad F1 and I am happy with it. I am using the Samsung ROM from needrom, but I am wonder if I need to change a ROM to something newer.

Currently which ROM is considered the best? I am searching for a simple ROM / good battery life. MIUI is out of my list as it is a heavy ROM for me. I like simple and stock experience.

I see ColorOS get some attention do you have any link where I can download it?

Guest dakok

Lewa OS v5 06.13. pass:94e4

Baidu OS 049

Color OS 06.17. - dual 3G SIM - it should be better than MIUI

CoolLife UI 029 - light 

Besides MIUI, I belive that these are the top 4 roms for Coolpad F1

There is a FunTouch OS too, but it has a bug where you can brick phone when formating SD card

so I didn't include it. :D

P.S.

We won Kamerun this morning so I 'll share several camera apps with you:

Lenovo, Huawei, Nubia, Moto, MIUI, Google cameras

Edited by dakok

Guest jay0ind

Hello Guys,

For a month I have my Coolpad F1 and I am happy with it. I am using the Samsung ROM from needrom, but I am wonder if I need to change a ROM to something newer.

Currently which ROM is considered the best? I am searching for a simple ROM / good battery life. MIUI is out of my list as it is a heavy ROM for me. I like simple and stock experience.

I see ColorOS get some attention do you have any link where I can download it?

ColorOS is the best ROM for Coolpad F1 8297W...Version 2.0 is the best as per dakok post...but Whatsapp not working in any ColorOS Version 2.0...So i suggest ColorOS Version 1.4...!!!

in Version 1.4 no any issue and working fine also battery life about two days with wifi and 3g data on... :)

http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/2871

The ROM is Color OS1.4 version, retained all the original system features, including the camera. Use built-in file browser to view to the external SD card, the system defaults to the external SD card as the primary card, so you do not have to worry about lack of built-in storage space is a problem! Feel Color OS system interface is simple and beautiful, and which application lock feature is very handy, you can protect your application not being used illegally, very practical, worthwhile experience...!!!

http://bbs.7to.cn/thread-12067-1-1.html

Edited by jay0ind

Guest slime00

Lewa OS v5 06.13. pass:94e4

Baidu OS 049

Color OS 06.17. - dual 3G SIM - it should be better than MIUI

CoolLife UI 029 - light 

Besides MIUI, I belive that these are the top 4 roms for Coolpad F1

There is a FunTouch OS too, but it has a bug where you can brick phone when formating SD card

so I didn't include it. :D

P.S.

We won Kamerun this morning so I 'll share several camera apps with you:

Lenovo, Huawei, Nubia, Moto, MIUI, Google cameras

You really don't like pure AOSP  :D

Did you test this cameras? are there some improvements with some of them?

Edited by slime00

Guest dakok

I like it but it's boooring :)

Not much difference between cameras (photo), you can test them for yourself :)

Nubia offers a lot of settings, MIUI is very simple and fast...

Guest pheadweb

hello dakok,

have you tried cinema fv-5? i checked it and the video (1080p) is corrupted (strange colours and on top of the video there are some lines). I haven't change the rom (it says custom build version 62 and build 4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W) and it's rooted from start.

the stock video app is working fine though...

do you believe that i should stay with the stock rom and camera fv-5 or you have seen much better results through other roms?

I would like the best video and photo output possible with a rom that not consumes too much battery or has other problems (app compatibility etc)

I know you have tried all roms out there :)

do you think i should try other rom or stay with it? because I would like to stick with a rom and not change it in the near future..

thanks

Edited by pheadweb

Guest dakok

I think I saw that lines somewhere in videos.

You have stock 015 rom and Coolpad updated several versions since that one:

Make a nandroid backup of your current rom and you can try 029 rom or something else

I swapped too many roms to be sure which one is the best now :D

Guest pheadweb

I think I saw that lines somewhere in videos.

You have stock 015 rom and Coolpad updated several versions since that one:

Make a nandroid backup of your current rom and you can try 029 rom or something else

I swapped too many roms to be sure which one is the best now :D

thanks for your answer!

I guess I will try the latest from Coolpad because I'm sure they would have fixed some bugs since 015.

Where can I find official roms? From needrom? Will it be rooted?

Guest dakok

YDSS forum. You have links in another modaco F1 topic.

If you flash them thru recovery, root is probably there.

If not, there is new Vroot app that

makes a successful root :)

Guest slime00

Yeah, it might not be the most appealing, but speaking of best roms for our device, for sure it can't be discarded, since it's the lightest, fastest, less resource-avid and almost bugless rom :)

Will try Nubia cam in these days!

Guest StratosGK

@dakok

I've tried the "Color OS 06.17. - dual 3G SIM - it should be better than MIUI" yesterday and it had my SIM card locked. I pressed "Unlock SIM" several times but nothing happened. Are you sure its for WCDMA??

@jay0ind

can you please post a link of Gapps to install with the 1.4V of ColorOS? I tried one that i had but apps crashed all the time.

Guest peppemaria

hi, this is the first time I write in this forum .. the other day my Coolpad 8297 is gone (I hope) in the soft brick .. is read by the computer and even downloaded the driver reads them, but it is not processed via Flashtools successful, that is, the phone keeps rebooting endlessly .. .. I would ask you to use the other procedure where I find the files MT6592_Android_scatter.txt? I did not understand .. sorry if it is explained in previous posts, but being Italian I did not understand everything perfectly .. thanks for the info you give me ..

Guest dakok

@Stratos

The original topic at YDSS

I didn't try that one, no idea about SIM thing. It iz wcdma release.

If it wasn't WCDMA rom, your phone would be fine except for the absence of 3G network...

Another Color OS 2.0 release is out today, from the Odd Rabbit forum: Download Link

Guest dakok

Hi Peppemaria!

You have a special Coolpad flash tool for unbricking and several users managed to bring their phones back to life. :)

Rom and tools are in another Coolpad F1 topic and you can continue with your questions there.

Coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms

Use this tool: Unbrick with Coolpad Factory rom 020 in CPB format (tested)

Guest StratosGK

@dakok

The phone worked fine but i had no reception at all.

I am using V1.4 ColorOS now and have installed the Gapps pack that you give in the other thread. Everytime i boot the phone it says that com.google.process.location has stopped. When i try to locate myself in Google Maps through GPS it lacks accuracy. Over 200m i could say.

I will try another ColorOS and report back.

Guest jay0ind

@dakok

I've tried the "Color OS 06.17. - dual 3G SIM - it should be better than MIUI" yesterday and it had my SIM card locked. I pressed "Unlock SIM" several times but nothing happened. Are you sure its for WCDMA??

@jay0ind

can you please post a link of Gapps to install with the 1.4V of ColorOS? I tried one that i had but apps crashed all the time.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

This "miuiandroid_gapps-4.2.2-small_signed-8012.zip" also working nice in this Version

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=file-thanks&fid=23329332407586325&mid=90&download_id=40015566247076ad2f80e04af0c71ffa&tid=1403265206&hc=6ab6a9b7cdaa3a70619ed61f710e932c70cc50f1b45db2c10d6bca80f16b088a

Facebook crash in this version but many applications available in Google Play Store for Facebook...

Default font is very light so if you want to install another font go to...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kapp.ifont

Edited by jay0ind

Guest dakok

@dakok

The phone worked fine but i had no reception at all.

I am using V1.4 ColorOS now and have installed the Gapps pack that you give in the other thread. Everytime i boot the phone it says that com.google.process.location has stopped. When i try to locate myself in Google Maps through GPS it lacks accuracy. Over 200m i could say.

I will try another ColorOS and report back.

How do you flash a rom? Like this?

- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data. Go back

- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, Reboot recovery

- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)

- Reboot to system

@prile

It doesn't support NFC.

Guest StratosGK

@jay0ind

Thanks, i used the first one that you posted and i have the problem with "com.google.process.location has stopped". I will try V2 that dakok posted as i don't care about Whatsapp.

I jist noticed that LED notifications dont worry with ColorOS. Even when its charging, the LED is off.

@dakok

Yes everytime i flash it i use these steps including the Reboot recovery.

Edited by StratosGK