[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest Domino2115

You are right. I don't expect this build to be as fast than the recent nightly, since OnDemand and the cpufreq driver are default again :/

Maybe, but my phone with linaro 491 laggs like hell and freeze also, when I open browser,fb etc, but with linaro 483 its seems so far so good.

Edit: no way, it is same like with linaro 491, I have to use build from 31th of may :/

Edited by Domino2115

That's hard to answer. A so called "stable version" requires being tested for a while without any mentionable errors/bugs. Since I'm continuously changing code it can have negative effects on things I weren't able to trigger during testing.

That's why I use to mark builds as "nightly", before declaring them as stable.

Due of my recent attempt to improve frequency scaling and hot-plugging I discovered a lot of issues which needs to get fixed step by step.

Back at Gingerbread times the 1st linux kernels for android differed a lot from the linux mainline. Although they always merged patches which were commit into mainline, it seems that some mandatory patches are missing in the early 3.4.y CodeAurora kernel sources (those huawei used for our device). Unless finding and adding those patches I'm unable to continue on things I'd prefer to do. There are some important ARMv7 changes missing which I'd like to be included in this kernel.

If I may give you some hint: if possible try to buy a device which is running on a more recent Linux kernel than 3.4.y wub.png

Edited by Guest

Guest thetonyxx

If I may give you some hint: if possible try to buy a device which is running on a more recent Linux kernel than 3.4.y wub.png

3.4.what ?

The "y" is just an placeholder for the subversion/patchlevel. On the current kernel "y" is "91" resulting in the version string: 3.4.91. Hopefully you get what I mean laugh.png

Oh, thx for the hint! Going to commit those changes smile.png

EDIT: LoL. Their patch provided for download is broken at the moment. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Guest

I noticed that the videocamera works smoother on the linaro-4.9.1 version. But being honest: I'd still prefer to stay @ 4.8.3

Since I don't play games I cannot say which build improves gameplay.

EDIT: from my 1st impressions I'd say the 4.9.1 build is worth a try.

If the feedback of this build is going to be positiv I'll update the FM radio drivers and finally add ROW scheduler.

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

With fixed do you mean that includes all patches? (Low memory killer, ondemand and hotplugging?), i am trying linaro 4.9.1 version

Guest squal

4.9.1 build..it fast and smooth...

Wen i starting games..it a little bit laggy at first..but after a few seconds..it run smoothly(subway surfer)

In video recording..i got frezzed 3times...after that....works perfectly....

Guest fonz93

I am not kidding you, if i open tapatalk, messenger, facebook phone laggs like hell when I try to switch app

This is a 512 MB ram device, with stock ROM the RAM management is not as good as CM ROM, you'll have freezes when you have low RAM available

Guest Domino2115

nope on kernel build from 31.5. i had no problems with that.

Edit: with linaro 483 no problems so far

Edited by Domino2115

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

I've got absolutely no problems with the new 4.9.1 build yet. Yesterday I had a few freezes etc. with your last experimental but I think they weren't related to the Kernel.

Don't get more frustrated than I do, Domino and keep reporting. That's exactly what I need and want and what I'm thankful about ;)

The only thing which is really surprising me: your issues seem to be really "heavy". While I notice that something is not optimal, too it doesn't seem that worse than for you. I'll take another look what the issue could be related to.

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

Right now I'm facing very hard lags/ freezes but I can't tell if it is related to the kernel because I was messing around with Xposed and other things in the last days.

Edit: As I have got strange bugs like Recent Apps not showing I guess that lags are not related to the kernel but I don't want to exclude it because still I don't know what exactly is causing my problems.

Edited by AssaSsiNMiLeS

Guest Domino2115

Right now I'm facing very hard lags/ freezes but I can't tell if it is related to the kernel because I was messing around with Xposed and other things in the last days.

Edit: As I have got strange bugs like Recent Apps not showing I guess that lags are not related to the kernel but I don't want to exclude it because still I don't know what exactly is causing my problems.

try kernel from 31th of may, I had same problems with linaro 491