[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest fonz93

It disables GPU acceleration? huh.png  huh.png  huh.png

Only on related parts of apps locked in memory, but it seems that systemUI is still smooth

Edited by fonz93

Guest ZolaIII

Try play Dead Trigger 2 or any game like that for 10-15 minutes and it will crash

I play it I am a highest lv. Never had a UI crashed! Played even marathons of several h. I had app crashes when swap whose full on earlier kernels bat that's it. I use it on every test kernel to determine behavior under extensive heavy loads.

In the file /cust/weu/xml/hw_defaults.xml Huawei did following settings:

<string apps_set_oomadj="com.android.mms;com.android.contacts;android.process.acore;com.huawei.android.launcher"/>

<integer oomadj.com.android.mms="3"/>

<integer oomadj.com.android.contacts="3"/>

<integer oomadj.android.process.acore="3"/>

<integer oomadj.com.huawei.android.launcher="1"/>

That's why I disabled it on the ROM side and made the kernel handle it. It was less work for me to undo Huawei's mess that way.

How about putting "system.ui" to the oom.adj section above?

Guest H3ROS

I'm not sure. After I discovered that it disabled GPU rendering for some apps I left it that way and worked on other stuff.

My guess would be that you'd need to add <integer oomadj.com.android.systemui="-12"/>

And I'm suggesting -12 because of this:

printWriter.print("    PERSISTENT_PROC_ADJ: ");
            printWriter.println(-12);
        if ((9 & applicationInfo.flags) == 9 && (this.isPersistentCustomized(processRecord.processName) || this.isInAppToSetPersAdjArrays(processRecord.processName))) {
            processRecord.persistent = true;
            processRecord.maxAdj = -12;
        }

Obviously that might not work because it's not actually set to persistent.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest thetonyxx

My ROM suxx. I never reach more than 7500-7600 mellow.png

yes, I also 7500-7600 most of the time, but sometimes 7700 and now 7853 records

i use SlimStock Final + Zram 128mb

Screenshot_2014-06-14-21-20-17.pngScreenshot_2014-06-14-21-20-52.png

Edited by thetonyxx

current state of progress: http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/80470422/file.html

• add some filesystem patches
  • tryed to fix the msm-cpufrequency hotplug lock
  • lowered some board specific latencies
  • increased the number of zram devices to 2 (for compatibility reasons towards some apps which expect 2 drives being present)
  • RE-ENABLED support for G330

radio driver update will come next rolleyes.gif

Edited by Guest

Guest jor1196

320 Mhz should be enough I guess. I'll increase it tomorrow.

Why don't you smile on your UserPIC. You look so sad mellow.png

if formed with 320MHz me, you could do the test a higher Oc? 

Hahaha if the apology will change someday

Guest porozex

Hi, Its seems like that with lastest experimental wifi doesnt work, I'll try it again and let you know

yes i can confirm that. it dosent work

Guest dinotre

I'll start an attempt whether an clean 3.4.93 linux kernel is able to run on our device and only merging necessary things from CodeAurora which are MSM specific.

any news about this? :)

Didn't finish this little experiment, yet.

Current build: http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/80470422/file.html (updated FM Radio driver)

No mentionable changes (except some cache handling optimizations)

EDIT: ok...maybe there is one change worth mentioning: I tryed implementing asynchronous fsync, which faux123 extracted from a HTC source code. If it works well I'd prefer it over any "dynamic fsync feature".

Edited by Guest

Guest juanpablocastillo

@moddingg33k

First of all, thanks for your work. You are amazing.

Second: Sorry if I've been annoying these days.

And third: If you have time, take a look in the S Plus changes of the K^Kernel created by Christopher83.

In that kernel, there is a change in the memory mapping ION. You can increase overall system RAM. Use a dynamic memory allocation vía CMA(Contigous Memory Allocator)

Updated build: http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/80470422/file.html (FM Radio driver updated)

I tryed to smooth out the jittery frequency scaling and hope I didn't decrease performance on this way. First stress-tests looked fine so far.

Please help finding issues by playing some games and doing daily stuff you use to do usually. And report back what you experience.

Edited by Guest

And third: If you have time, take a look in the S Plus changes of the K^Kernel created by Christopher83.

In that kernel, there is a change in the memory mapping ION. You can increase overall system RAM. Use a dynamic memory allocation vía CMA(Contigous Memory Allocator)

Thx for the info. This might however require some further patching before I might be able to adopt it to our kernel.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Didn't finish this little experiment, yet.

Current build: http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/85247627/file.html

No mentionable changes (except some cache handling optimizations)

EDIT: ok...maybe there is one change worth mentioning: I tryed implementing asynchronous fsync, which faux123 extracted from a HTC source code. If it works well I'd prefer it over any "dynamic fsync feature".

good to see that HTC Desire 300 kernel can be usefull in some circumstance 

Guest squal

Updated build: http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/80470422/file.html (FM Radio driver updated)

I tryed to smooth out the jittery frequency scaling and hope I didn't decrease performance on this way. First stress-tests looked fine so far.

Please help finding issues by playing some games and doing daily stuff you use to do usually. And report back what you experience.

great build...smooth and fast..no lags in subway surfer...the radio is no problem...:) tnxs moddingg33k

even in opening the app like facebook...its fast...

Edited by squal