[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest darktall

@moddingg33k today i experienced deep sleep issue happened twice using stock rom b209 repack by fonz and kernel 3.4.0 synap 17-aug-2014 stable  can you please look into this issue Thanks in advance.

Thx for your report. How exactly does this "deep sleep issue" look like? Until today I weren't able to get the chance debugging problems related to it, because I cannot re-produce the error on my own device.

Guest darktall

@moddingg33k its happening like after finished  attending a call i mean after finishing to talking some one and turning off phone then its going to deep sleep mode even hard pressing power button is not helping it walking up like after 15 secs etc it happend today also.Some times forcing me to remove battery and restart phone and one more thing is battery percentage is not displaying properly some times it displaying 30% then after some time rebooting phone its displaying 50 % etc . I will let you know if i face more problems i am confusing it is  my phone or kernel problem or stock rom problem. 

Guest Romagnolo1973

@moddingg33k its happening like after finished  attending a call i mean after finishing to talking some one and turning off phone then its going to deep sleep mode even hard pressing power button is not helping it walking up like after 15 secs etc it happend today also.Some times forcing me to remove battery and restart phone and one more thing is battery percentage is not displaying properly some times it displaying 30% then after some time rebooting phone its displaying 50 % etc . I will let you know if i face more problems i am confusing it is  my phone or kernel problem or stock rom problem. 

Probably using a logcat app like this 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5qdGIuYWxvZ2NhdCJd

and post logcat or via email. can help modding33k better to find the issue

Edited by Romagnolo1973

...and one more thing is battery percentage is not displaying properly some times it displaying 30% then after some time rebooting phone its displaying 50 % etc ...

That's nothing I can be blamed for, but happens to everyone happy.png

Regarding the other issue you described: I'm still about finding the reason for it mellow.png

Guest darktall

@moddingg33k using alogcat app it displays the following errors what is these are they normal ? or something mysterious i hope it may be useful to you.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
E/Trace   (17392): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/dalvikvm(17392): Refusing to reopen boot DEX '/system/framework/hwframework.jar'
W/System.err(17392): Invalid int: ""
E/Trace   (17439): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/dalvikvm(17439): Refusing to reopen boot DEX '/system/framework/hwframework.jar'
W/System.err(17439): Invalid int: ""

I don't know why,most of the phones these days comes with swap built in with stock...my sis's s duos 2,Brother in law's Galaxy Tab 3 neo,friend's xolo q700s !

Strange...they are all 4.2.2...anyone have idea about this? (Maybe a bit off-topic,sorry in advance for that :lol: )

Guest juanpablocastillo

I don't know why,most of the phones these days comes with swap built in with stock...my sis's s duos 2,Brother in law's Galaxy Tab 3 neo,friend's xolo q700s !

Strange...they are all 4.2.2...anyone have idea about this? (Maybe a bit off-topic,sorry in advance for that :lol: )

I noticed that too in a Galaxy Fame, and comes with Android 4.1.2. Really stranger

P.D.: Sorry, a bit off-topic.

Guest porozex

I noticed that too in a Galaxy Fame, and comes with Android 4.1.2. Really stranger

P.D.: Sorry, a bit off-topic.

now i have an lg l5 ii. and comes with 470mb of available ram with 127mb of zram on android 4.1.2

It's not that I would claim to be any better then them. That's not the case. But when I spend money on something, I can expect that the manufacturer knows what he does and how to do things "right".

Well ... ok ... I wanna be fair: this smartphone is working  -  " s o m e h o w " - although this can be considered as an miracle rolleyes.gif. And what shall I say ... you can even do phone calls with it. So far, so good.

But right here the good things I could say end. I really understand, why they barely release source code, although they are theoretically forced to when using OpenSource based software. The kernel code for the Y300 series is a real shame for the 3rd biggest company selling smartphones.

They took the source code and tried to get it working at all cost, ignoring most coding basics and standards. It's: compiling the kernel --> flashing it --> turning the device on --> taking a look what happens --> "oh, not working, doh!" --> DEBUG --> ***dirty fix*** --> and start doing the SAME ALL OVER AGAIN laugh.png ... unless everything seems to be working. "what da h*ll, the compiler print some errors" --> "no problem, let's delete some lines. there are too many of them anyway" biggrin.png. I could go on like this the whole day to give you an idea what I'm facing every time I start to touch anything of the kernel.

Edited by Guest

- EXPERIMENTAL (not for daily use !!!) -

Alright, since I already announced, that I spend quite some time (~ 12 hours) trying to update the kernel's KGSL drivers @ chil's KK-thread: http://www.modaco.com/topic/368306-rom444all-slimkat-76-unofficial-26082014/page-147#entry2225383

...I want to give you a chance testing on your own if it was worth spending that much time or not.

DOWNLOAD (- "out of the line SPECIAL build" -): http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/12162668/file.html

Please note: this isn't an upgrade of previous builds, but a complete different and independent one.

New:

• KGSL kernel drivers as of -> 05/2013

Removed (on this build at least):

• ZRAM
  • KSM
  • any CPU related updates of the past (ondemand, cpufrequency driver, ...)

Known issues:

• Camera/Flashlight need a few seconds before they tend to start

The reason for uploading this "garage build" at all is kind of simple: there were a lot of requests and discussions about updating the kernel's KGSL drivers. Well, I finally took the time to do so. And I'm totally disappointed about the result. Complete waste of time IMHO. But test it on your own.

For comparison, same kernel build, just WITHOUT kgsl updates: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/59604025/file.html  (higher 3D bench scores for me and feels a little bit smoother)

EDIT: at least the battery life is good (on both builds rolleyes.gif)

Edited by Guest

One day I'm going to write a book called "Huawei's & Qualcomm's - βμτςнεяλ - of the Linux Kernel" wacko.png

I will buy that book :lol: just because you are the auther :)

I wonder if it is Huawei or MSM8x25,can source code of similar Soc be helpful? (Like Nokia X,Galaxy Core etc)

I can feel you,how desperate you are...but after all these are just gadgets from a ____ manufacturer !

RESPECT YOU,someone else would have been given up with this pathetic device !

It's an honor to have you here in this forum ! :)

Harassing Qualcomm isn't productive and there's a huge lack of understanding in that thread. They dropped the platform for a legitimate reason. This is just adding to the noise they have to sort through.

There is a way forward, but it's a lot of work and I don't think I'm prepared to commit all that time on my own.

I think the way Daz said was what you have done(kr was he talking about display-caf?),it's miraculous(more than how huawei done :P ) if it helps in making our KK ROMs smooth :O

Edit-@moddingg33k and all Will you buy another "Huawei" Phone :D ?

Edited by SH3H1

Guest ZolaIII

What ever comes from Broadcom next year (a new V8 SoC) will be in my next phone. Qualcomm is going down anyway. Other Chinese chip makers are even more out of the question as they don't release sources. Huawei is not that much guilty in my eyes considering this phone. Huawei is getting less & less competitive & they price politic is getting worse so you know how they say "who flight hi, falls lo".

Guest Romagnolo1973

It's not that I would claim to be any better then them. That's not the case. But when I spend money on something, I can expect that the manufacturer knows what he does and how to do things "right".

Well ... ok ... I wanna be fair: this smartphone is working  -  " s o m e h o w " - although this can be considered as an miracle rolleyes.gif. And what shall I say ... you can even do phone calls with it. So far, so good.

But right here the good things I could say end. I really understand, why they barely release source code, although they are theoretically forced to when using OpenSource based software. The kernel code for the Y300 series is a real shame for the 3rd biggest company selling smartphones.

They took the source code and tried to get it working at all cost, ignoring most coding basics and standards. It's: compiling the kernel --> flashing it --> turning the device on --> taking a look what happens --> "oh, not working, doh!" --> DEBUG --> ***dirty fix*** --> and start doing the SAME ALL OVER AGAIN laugh.png ... unless everything seems to be working. "what da h*ll, the compiler print some errors" --> "no problem, let's delete some lines. there are too many of them anyway" biggrin.png. I could go on like this the whole day to give you an idea what I'm facing every time I start to touch anything of the kernel.

:D and that is why in 2G I reach 20 days of use and in 3G only 40 hours if I'm lucky 

They add or cut code and libs randomly and ohh well is working !! Miracle !! Now is ready for production line.

But I think others vendors made the same. I can save only google nexus line (of course is google) and Motorola (ex google)

The only way KGSL driver work in KK is adding in some way TeamHackLG kernel in our device https://github.com/TeamHackLG

They put Galaxy S3 Spirit adreno 225 libs into LGL5 adreno 200 and is working, but this change can't be made by one single dev or two, is a massive job and not sure is working 100%.

Our device is born (and is a miracle) with JB 4.1.1 and will die with 4.1.1

Next year with the same $$ we can buy a adreno 3xx quadcore budget device with android L or more