[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

3.10 kernel by Huawei? OMG blink.png

Who knows if they did some Butchery with the kernel as they did to ours <_<

They somehow (workaround) updated our kernel to 3.4 :blink: , Don't mess with huawei...They do some serious Butchery !! They may do anything :O

:P

Currently I am heavily re-working the kernel, as you can track on my GIT -> https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_synopsis/commits/master?page=1

Current goal is to upgrade to Linux 3.4.103, without introducing any *noticeable* performance regressions, like experienced on older builds, which got patches from Linux's mainline included.

It might take a few weeks, unless I can provide another nightly build.

I also migrate kernel patches from Google directly, which are neither part of mainline, nor of Qualcomm's/CodeAurora's kernel sources.

I could need voluntary testers for my daily builds, to find and fix possible issues.

It's a tough challenge, because Qualcomm's custom kernel sources are out of sync with Linux's mainline. On top of it, Huawei modified the kernel on their own, too.

Currently the kernel is @ version 3.4.67, but doesn't have ZRAM included yet.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Does anyone mind testing this build -> http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/25435293/file.html ... and report if there are any issues with "waking up from (deep)sleep", please?

testing, and I'm one of the user with the deep sleep issue

At the moment seems ok, no more problem to wakeup the screen, even it seems not so fast as your 26\7\14 kernel that I'm using in trasition between screens, but is a great improvement compared to august kernels, it seems also there is little more free ram value 

The issue was only with the updated Kgsl build :unsure:

(I think)

I had this issue on stock rom, but I think i downloaded the latest release back then. Now I have aosp mod. How to backup the kernel tha I have now? Is it the boot.img?

Guest Romagnolo1973

every synopsis kernel made a backup of your old kernel while installing via script, you can find it into TWRP pattern on SD just in case is needed

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest Romagnolo1973

@modding33k

with this last experimental kernel wakeup issue is solving (seems only not fast as prevous kernel to get screen on but the delta is only a decimal of second) but I can't connect via wifi, seems as the wifi module is not detected

revert back to previous kernel solve this issue so probably is kernel related

The WiFi module is still the pre-compiled one of the stock kernel. It got at least 1 serious bug, which doesn't get triggered on stock Huawei kernels, because of some other bugs. Kind of ironically, I know. Due of this issue and because I can't compile a ROM from scratch, I am very restricted on upgrading the kernel.

If I had the chance to compile the ROM along with the kernel, it would be much much easier. But we would need an AOSP ROM, which is doesn't exist for the Y300 afaik. Developement on Google-Devices is much easier and not that time-consuming.

I spend a lot of time taking care of not breaking anything and to make sure everything stays working.

Guest Romagnolo1973

ahh pity !!  :(

Huawei is not collaborative and we reach the end of the street at lleast if someone want use tethering.

Well, your kernel version 26/07/14 http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/3102165/file.html is the best version for stock rom, far far better than cexstel or stock untouched kernels. Is a great work that made our device faster and less energy eaters

An idea: you can stop the stock branch with this version and continue developing kernel for Cyano roms that, if I don' understand wrong, they use a different source and you are not resticted and can develop your ideas.

Some italian users said to me (in a IT forum) that CM10.1 by fonz93 has almost the same battery drain as stock, and this is the only issue cyano has compared to stock but seems now the delta not so huge as was one year ago, and your kernel can help a lot in this case.

Something like that in post 1:

stock users that want use tethering this is the version for you (26/07/14 version) and I can't develop more because huawei fault...

stock users don't mate about tethering this is the corrent version .... and fonz93 provide this for CM too

Edited by Romagnolo1973