[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest mitchde

Link to 29_05 shows 28_05 zip.

Q. Since 27_07 GPU OC i have little WLAN ON/OFF probs.

If i want to switch WLAN ON, it first time doesnt work . (Doesnt matter wlan settings on/off or by the icon on top of display)

In wlan settings , first time , if i switsch it on, the switchwents back to off immediatly. Second time switch on it stays ON.

Edited by mitchde

Guest Chefo93

The repack of this kernel for CM11 made the UI much, much snappier/quicker. It's amazing and CM11 doesn't even have proper GPU drivers (yet). Keep up the crazy work Moddingg33k, it's awesome!

Just in case you might wonder what I'm working on -> I try to improve frequency scaling and hot-plugging on our device. Due of the fact that our 8625 CPU is cores are synchronous, some parts of the kernel code aren't optimized towards this fact and accidentally kick in the 2nd core quite too often even when not necessary.

If you wanna test the current state of my progress, you can try this kernel build: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/7696082/file.html

On this build hot-plugging is already refined a lot and it will probably save a lot of energy during average daily usage.

EDIT: OC of the GPU got reverted for now. If you are satisfied with this build and think the GPU should be put back to 320 Mhz let me know ^^

Please let me know if I only got an placebo feeling or whether you can confirm positive effects about UI & scrolling smoothness.

Edited by Guest

Guest thetonyxx

Just in case you might wonder what I'm working on -> I try to improve frequency scaling and hot-plugging on our device. Due of the fact that our 8625 CPU is synchronous, some parts of the kernel code aren't optimized towards this fact and accidentally kick in the 2nd core quite too often even when not necessary.

If you wanna test the current state of my progress, you can try this kernel build: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/7696082/file.html

On this build hot-plugging is already refined a lot and it will probably save a lot of energy during average daily usage.

thanks

now i try it

works fine, no bug and 7600-7700 points on Antutu

cpu decrease more fast frequence

Please let me know if I only got an placebo feeling or whether you can confirm positive effects about UI & scrolling smoothness.

not worst than previus release, UI are smooth

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest Domino2115

Dude with lastest update my phone runs like google nexus 5 lol, its unbelieveable what you did, now I can say that im happy with speed of my phone, thanks dude and I wish you good luck

Edited by Domino2115

Dude with lastest update my phone runs like google nexus 5 lol, its unbelieveable what you did, now I can say that im happy with speed of my phone, thanks dude and I wish you good luck

Thx for your feedback wub.png

If I can do this to an Y300, I wonder what I could became out of an Nexus5 then biggrin.png

Guest ZolaIII

Google's kernel for the Nexus 5 is probably not as bad as the Huawei kernel for the Y300 :P

Actually in this release we are using tuned & striped down frequency driver so yes Google Nexus kernel is bad in this aspect as Huaweis or anyone's else. :P

Guest squal

what rom do you use???

Guest squal

I tried this latest update...and its great...fast...smooth...:).....for me the only i noticed is when i play subway surfer..its laggy and sometimes its freeze about 3 to 5 secs...its kernel related??

Guest thetonyxx
yesterday I left the 'Y300 battery to 10% and this morning it was off because the battery over 
whit other kernel that does not happen

Guest fonz93

yesterday I left the 'Y300 battery to 10% and this morning it was off because the battery over 
whit other kernel that does not happen

Check if your phone goes in deep sleep, if not, use wakelock detector to see which app is waking your phone

[...] when i play subway surfer..its laggy and sometimes its freeze about 3 to 5 secs...its kernel related??

Test another one and see what happens tongue.png In case this should be related to this kernel build only, report back please.

Guest thetonyxx

Check if your phone goes in deep sleep, if not, use wakelock detector to see which app is waking your phone

no app in background, never

Guest atlas.

Test another one and see what happens tongue.png In case this should be related to this kernel build only, report back please.

I have this problem too when i play cookie run i have some freeze 2 - 3 sec but no laggy or anything it just only freeze.

Guest thetonyxx

I have this problem too when i play cookie run i have some freeze 2 - 3 sec but no laggy or anything it just only freeze.

you use zram?

my phone runs like google nexus 5 lol

yes, i use nexus 5 boot animation :P

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest squal

done trying..and no more lags or freezing...great build:)

Guest atlas.

you use zram?

i didn't know much i don't touch performance control i use default (my rom is slimstock v1.8.2)

Edited by atlas.