Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

great, thank you! :) dakok could add this module to the first page, since some other kk roms presented this issue! 
p.s: you should also change DCIM, or camera app will save in internal storage as well!

Edited by slime00

Guest jakethedooggg

great, thank you! :) dakok could add this module to the first page, since some other kk roms presented this issue!

p.s: you should also change DCIM, or camera app will save in internal storage as well!

Dunno why but camera doesn't cause default write disk is the external SD. But if it doesn't work you can set it as well :D

Guest korekore1

They do, but you probably have to wait a week...

PD: I solved the SD card thing with an xPosed module called Downloads2SD. With it I changed download and pictures folder with the /storage/sdcard1 ones, and magically it works fine! ^^

this module just bootlooped my phone.Maybe it conflicts with another module i have, ''kitkat sd fixer''.I had to force enter safe mode to exit bootloop and disable the module but the rom got damaged badly.I have to restore.Watch out..

Guest jakethedooggg

this module just bootlooped my phone.Maybe it conflicts with another module i have, ''kitkat sd fixer''.I had to force enter safe mode to exit bootloop and disable the module but the rom got damaged badly.I have to restore.Watch out..

Really? D: you don't need that SD fixer cause the write permissions on SD are already there tho. You only need the Downloads2SD and put the default write disk to sd card.

Guest korekore1

Really? D: you don't need that SD fixer cause the write permissions on SD are already there tho. You only need the Downloads2SD and put the default write disk to sd card.

i have a310 stock,it doesn't include the fix

i avoided restoring by deleting cache and dalvik from recovery (2 times were needed) but it messed up the launcher,i hope not something else too

Edited by korekore1

Guest jakethedooggg

i have a310 stock,it doesn't include the fix

i avoided restoring by deleting cache and dalvik from recovery (2 times were needed) but it messed up the launcher,i hope not something else too

It's weird that shouldn't happen... but in that 4.4.2 rom better use xInternalSD (y)

i am using aosp rom from leak, 4.4.2 one, the phone doesnt recognize my headphones and the overall volume is too loud, is there a way to reduce it? (i have been trying a lot of roms from ydss.cn as well and the volume are high on those ones as well @@) 

setting from engineering mode doesnt work, no effects

Edited by kc5854

Guest st3pb4ck

Regarding battery.  I need your thoughts. I have F1, and Pure AOSP v2 4.2.2, with camera and video patches.

I consider myself experienced Android user ( xposed, gravitybox, tasker, greenify, LUX, etc.).

I usualy have 3 hours screen. And I'm not playing games a lot. Yes WIFI or 3G is working all day depending am I home or at work. Yes that should be bad for battrey but unless battery meter is lying let say I have syncs turned on, greenify on with apps and system apps I dont neeed. I turn off screen, I turn it on 1 hour later and I got nearly flat line in settings/battery so maybe batery consumption i 1-2% not more. So I would like to say that processes are not eating my battery. My screen is . At least that's what I think. But like I said I have LUX and optimized screen brightness so that should cover that part.

But at the end of the story I dont have 4-5 screen on time. Not nearly like that. Ok I have 1d 10h after charge, have 12%, screen is 2h 32min.

my Betterbattreystats are:

1d 10h, bat - 88%,  , 2,5% /h

deepsleep 1d 3h, 78%

awake 7h 31m - 22%

screenon 2h 35min - 2%

phone on - 43min 1%

wifi on 1d 2h - 77%

wifi running 1d2h 76%

no data connection 1d 2h  77%

no or unknown signal - 1d 2h - 77%

goodsignal  6h27min 5%

screen dark 2h35min 2%

screen dimed 1min

screen medium 2s

screen light - os

screen bright - 56s

So, what do you think. I belive that screen is eating too much, but stats probably suggest that those wakelocks ( i got partial a lot) are also eating. At the end do you think that my stats are pretty reasonable and in case I turn of my gmail,corparatemail,watsup, etc. etc. i will have screen time of 4h all the time? Is there a way to get  those number with all this running (watsup, nine (mail), beutiful widgetrs, poweramp widget, swype keyboard, gps tracking, betterbaterystats, widgetlocker,agentda widget plus, nova launcer (black screen wallpaper), xposed framework with gravitybox , LUX, )

many thanks

Edited by st3pb4ck

Wifi is a huge energy eater in most of the roms.

If you have a bad mobile signal (antennas are far away) that's bad for battery, too.

Apps for battery monitoring are bad, too :D

Tasker, LUX, betterbattery - I'm sure you'd be better without that...

Guest st3pb4ck

Tnx Dakok. Yes that is all bad, but I still got feeling when reading what other guys and you wrote that I should be better than I'm now. I guess there are other "heavy" users , are you getting same battery screen on time you you are much better than me?

I'm also thinking to go road of roms  giving better battery (because of rom or that voltage thing), I dont care for battery life, its 13$ new.  But I would like to hear am I unrealsistic to expect 4 hours screen plus all those processes runing.

Edited by st3pb4ck

st3pb4ck, when I enable only wifi when needed (mail, browser, tapatalk) few times a day, switched to 2g, some calls each day (~1h/day), some photos, but not much screen on, then I am able to get up to 5 days on battery on laek.17's AOSP 4.4.2 v3.

But when I use skype or some games then whole battery can get drained in 3-4h.

Edited by xeros2

Guest Maringer

That's the one frustration with the Mediatek devices.

The manufacturers simply don't release source code even though they are required to do so by the GPL and this means that the enthusiast development community doesn't get the opportunity to produce ROMs of new android releases without an official release from the manufacturer. A real pity, especially as many of these companies don't even release patches for security issues as they are discovered on older versions of Android!

Google really ought to be the ones to take them to task for failing to release the source, but it seems pretty obvious that they really don't care just as long as they are ultimately making money from the Google searches carried out on the Android phones/tablets!

Coolpad seems to be one of the better manufacturers as they release numerous new software updates (an ongoing beta process, I suppose!), but it seems pretty unlikely that they will ever upgrade the F1 past KitKat.

Guest korekore1

Coolpad promised one major update,i don't have the link,don't ask me!So if the rebranded F1s came out with aosp 4.4 there is a big chance they get updated to L just like we did with kitkat.

The question is:Do you really want Android L? Xposed will not be available for ART as the dev clearly stated and L is ART only.Apart from that i don't even like KitKat and the whole new Apple like philosophy that google follows after jellybean.I mean come on,i have Kitkat and whenever i do something even remotely related to location services google busts my balls for allowing them to have control over my location at any time.The popup even fades away the ''don't show this again'' option when you choose ''don't allow''

I won't even start with the KitKat's sd card fiasco..

I think that i will completely uninstall any google component from my phone and go with alternative stores,email apps and maps.Google is becoming Apple

Edited by korekore1

Well said, both of you. I am slightly disappointed with present KK releases for F1.

Android L would bring more problems.

I have bigger (and more realistic) expectations from Miui, Lewa and Baidu than that of google's factory :)

Guest jakethedooggg

I don't think we need Android L, at least could be nice to have KK 4.4.4 cause security fixes and stuff... but L doesn't add anything useful at all, mostly problems for us.

Sounds like you installed jonzalvo's AOSP 2.0 and not his "Pure" AOSP 2.0?

AOSP: http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/

"Pure" AOSP: http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/

(Don't ask me what the difference between AOSP and "Pure" AOSP is though,,,,).

Note that I think that the poll refers to the "pure" version and Arpione's mods definitely do.

Been trying to figure this out. Both of those links lead to the same page and ROM for me.

Am I missing something?