Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

anyone have an email address for coolpad? i'm after kernel sources, i know they don't do them, but they should and i feel like annoying them. maybe if we all do it enough they'll crack.

anyway, i've tried [email protected] (from http://www.coolpad.com/en/contactus.html ) but it bounces :(

yep, I tried some time ago with the same result :(

Guest slime00

New Yunos 2.9.2

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-485042-1-1.html

RMG Personal Update: 10.20: Open the Gaussian blur transparent notification bar fix some phones can not connect Mobile Assistant problem corrected boot prompt "low battery" problem corrected other minor issues to enhance the sound loud add support default memory switch adds support for the default camera switching (Ali cloud Camera & Cool camera) added busybox instruction set to join the Advanced Settings Viper Sound Goggles camera switching modestorage switching mode screen assistant calls flash mode engineering mode [forty-three update description] YunOS 2.9.2 development version (2014.10.17) Update Description New features: current no update fixes: a fix Online video program could lead to a partial list of functions crashes; 2, enhance security, to prohibit third-party contact APP directly send SMS or MMS; 3, repair when sending multiple applications, the problem is only the first application to be sent may occur; 4, optimizing a key switch function, the amount of information displayed bug fixes; 5, improved metering stopwatch function, problem solving view records; 6, optimize search connectivity, improve search efficiency; 7, repair Bluetooth file transfer process, WLAN status display problems; 8, to improve the effect of file-sharing panel page, a large number of files under the state no longer appear Alisharecenter stop running tips; 9, the music playback function to enhance stability and solve sporadic bug; 10, to improve the Bluetooth keyboard compatibility, resolve to set the keyboard layout may lead to functional collapse situation; 11, when including multiple numbers may appear under a single project to repair a contact phone selection dialog problem; 12, record-screen functionality, fixes a particular combination of operations may cause the phone to automatically restart problem; 13, lifting system stability;

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj0lsnF

Guest Raulz0r

Hi, I want to buy this phone I would like some info in regards to Battery Life and Sound Quality, also is a multilang kitkat rom that its decent and mostly bug free?

Hi, I want to buy this phone I would like some info in regards to Battery Life and Sound Quality, also is a multilang kitkat rom that its decent and mostly bug free?

You'll only get anecdotal info about these issues and this thread already contains lots if you browse back through it.

Battery: an average result is 4.5 SOT in 1.5 days

Right now I have remaining 20% battery capacity with 4h 30 min SOT in 1d 23h

Sound is very good

For the rest, browse through topics...

Guest jakethedooggg

Oh - is it?

It's not clear to me...

Well I had Laek V3, then Laek made the V4 updating kernel, and then, the V4 get a kernel downgrade and it became an V3 but with the bootlogo. So at the end it's the same.

Guest martinoff

anyone have an email address for coolpad? i'm after kernel sources, i know they don't do them, but they should and i feel like annoying them. maybe if we all do it enough they'll crack.

anyway, i've tried [email protected] (from http://www.coolpad.com/en/contactus.html ) but it bounces :(

They will never do that, If they do anything like that they will have to fight with mediateak

Our only hopes are in android one

Edit: and now when I learn my lesson, there will be never another device with MT from me

Edited by martinoff

Guest korekore1

They will never do that, If they do anything like that they will have to fight with mediateak

Our only hopes are in android one

Edit: and now when I learn my lesson, there will be never another device with MT from me

so what's the gain from keeping them private?Why does Qualcomm release them?

Guest martinoff

so what's the gain from keeping them private?Why does Qualcomm release them?

I am with you mate, they HAVE TO RESPECT GPL of the kernel they use, but this have to be with MT not directly with coolpad, yulong

If we all want to push them I am ok to bother them for a good AOSP 5 and get rid from Chinese crap

Well I had Laek V3, then Laek made the V4 updating kernel, and then, the V4 get a kernel downgrade and it became an V3 but with the bootlogo. So at the end it's the same.

OK - thanks for the explanation.

Odd that this guy bothered to do this repack so...?

Guest korekore1

I am with you mate, they HAVE TO RESPECT GPL of the kernel they use, but this have to be with MT not directly with coolpad, yulong

If we all want to push them I am ok to bother them for a good AOSP 5 and get rid from Chinese crap

i searched a bit and found a very interesting article explaining the mediatek situation

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/03/24/mediatek-dont-share-source-code/

Guest johnickz

Slime I run antutu test in Fire's 4.4.2 016  and again the 3D perforance is low, (6200) compared to official 4.2 versions.

I think I ll stick again with 039 or if I am not bored to clean with the 042!

Interesting news about upcoming F2 WCDMA phone. It was announced for October as a

F2 TDSCDMA successor but there are rumors about different CPU inside.

They say it could be the same as the one in HTC D820: 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939)

So, mediatek haters - think about that :D

Guest martinoff

Interesting news about upcoming F2 WCDMA phone. It was announced for October as a

F2 TDSCDMA successor but there are rumors about different CPU inside.

They say it could be the same as the one in HTC D820: 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939)

So, mediatek haters - think about that :D

Haha

i get my One+ already as N6 is to big for me, just don't want to sell the f1 yet

is very nice to have all the big team of android in your phone

Guest gordito

I also have a Oneplus

Haha

i get my One+ already as N6 is to big for me, just don't want to sell the f1 yet

is very nice to have all the big team of android in your phone

I also got a 1+1, its incredible phone.

Still also using my Coolpad as daily driver, its a very fun phone to use.

I would upgrade to Nexus6, if it ever lowers the price (MOOOAAAAAAR screen pls)

Sorry for the offtopic.

Guest slime00

it seems there will also be an archos (not fan, but available in europe) with similar specs but with 5" display, it may be priced at 199€.
will this Soc be any better than actual mediateks? cores are not krait, but the same ARM as mediatek's, so I don't think there will be any difference per-core in comparison (this is where snapdragons shine, less but more powerful cores), also 4 cores are clocked only at 1ghz (it will be better for battery I assume, but any mid task would enable the other 4 cores I believe). Don't know how the gpu behaves on this, it will be an important factor for gamers when some detailed benchmarks come out. It's good to see some competition on the Mid-range sector, hope they keep improving smartphones in this range :D

Guest trashbat

Anyone used the f1 in the US? I'm currently on holiday with a 3G only sim and can only pick up 2g network's.

Do I need to change any settings on the phone?