Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Dualboot isn't very popular on mobile devices for many reasons... I think that developers (at least independent ones)  should give more attention to it.

It would be great to try all new ROMs without touching the main one :unsure:

Strange thing, the last post I see in this topic is from 29th October ???

(Page 141)

EDIT:

Now when I made this post, it's back to normal.  :blink:

Edited by dakok

Baidu  rom something wrong  go to boot loop,atx 019

still not receiving messages from banks ,Kitkat 019  from FIRE Team

I have not tried it yet ,now j am on mlais 4.4.3 016

Edited by rista1

Sorry for Baidu guys. I must have removed something I shouldn't :(

You can add gapps into rom yourself, just follow a guide in another topic.

I tested original Baidu 059 and it works nice.

Guest elaadhn

Iv'e tried mlais rom today. It seems great but there are some apps in chinese apps, one of which is root related i guess cause root was tricky. Antutu is 31k, 3d 6700~.

Camera focus was very slow.

Then tried the latest 019 by ATX, which is also ok, but need to set up gapps, root, language etc., and lots chinese junk. The camera however is great- more settings And super quick, noticebly faster than asop and others.

The wake gestures is indeed just fake no backlight screen mode.

Ended up going back to laek v4 repack.

Main issue for me in laek v3/4 is that the volume is just too high. Like from the very minimum level it's already like 50℅.

It's very annoying. I end up playing clips and games in mute cause its just too loud.

And this is without viper or any other setting.I tried lowering the levels in engineer mode but no change.

Also lowest brightness is much higher than mlais/coolui.

If there was a fix for these 2 issues + the coolpad camera app+ latest kernel + multilang, than it would be the ultimate rom :-)

Guest korekore1

I would recommend ATX release from the first page (dig it! :))

do you know if there is an issue with coolUI and third party launchers? I am trying to make nova work but every time i press the home button the launcher switches to the stock one.i also tried to put it on system but it refuses to open.

Guest korekore1

Holo, settings, keep in memory, default launcher.

BelleUI icons, sizes 118, texts 10

And it works fine...

thanks,i moved on to emui unicom now and its a really good one!Unfortunately it has that wifi connection drop bug that i've seen in other roms too.Wifi connected but no internet till you re-enter password/toggle wifi on-off or reboot

I know and I have IDM but for some reason it doesn't open the link. And in the browser it's very slow, 10, 20 kb/s

EDIT: Nevermind, solved it

Edited by dinoHR

Guest grasuxxl

Hi to every one!I am new arround here.I have an coolpad 8297w Version android 4.2.2,Kernel: 3.4.39,Compilacion 4.2.036.P0.140740.8297W,VERSION 136.

I have a problem that drives me crazy with notifications sounds(tones) with whatsapp!Icant select none in whatsapp...only appears "Default system notifications" and "no sound"...How can i resolve this problem?!Thanks a  lot.

Edited by grasuxxl

Guest Arpione

You can disable notifications for any app in Settings -> App, just tap on the app you want to disable the notifications for and remove the checkmark next to "Show notifications".

Guest grasuxxl

No,i dont want to do that.I am talking about notifications sounds(tones).In whatsapp i go to Settings>Notifications>Notifications tones and in here it only let me choose Default system notifications and Silence.There is no other tones!