Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

was there any update for the a310 rom from micromax? And also this indonesian aosp that is being used lately as base,is this newer than a310?I m a bit confused

I am confused that we never saw that Taiwanese AOSP, it's strange that our China friends never get a hold of it.

And another thing - did anyone try 4.4 YunOS 3.0?

Guest korekore1

i am with Lzy's latest aosp (KK4.4.2_Coolapd-8297W.20141101.by lzy) good rom,with terrible speaker sound.You just think that the speaker is gonna blow.He boosted the low frequencies badly.Also it is pretty power hungry for an aosp and for some reason charging is really slow on this rom

Guest razorinc

There are several. 

Which specific one do you mean?

Thanks.

I mean on KK4.4.2_Coolapd-8297W.20141101.by lzy korekore1 mentioned above and I totally agree about everything he said, for me mlais aosp is more for daily use. I also installed this yunos but I didnt managed to make gapps work (I tried to flash it over recovery and I tried to download over the store which came preinstalled on yunos, both methods didnt work for me)

Guest grasuxxl

Hi!I have now in f1 the pure aosp rom...I how could i put a different wallpaper in lockscreen?!Now it is the same for homescreen and lockscreen.From galey doesnt shows the option "set as" lockscreen...There is a simple way?There is an option in gravity box o r module xposed?!Thanks.

Guest slime00

I don't see such a big problem into changing a launcher :) the function you require is not available in any AOSP rom by default, so it's not a problem of the phone... with Coolui, Emui, Miui and other roms you can have different lockscreen and wallpaper without changing the launcher, but you will either lose multilanguage or performance speed or battery life... as we say in Italy, you can't have a full barrel of wine and a drunken wife at the same time :D

Edited by slime00

Everything is problems with these phone!And there is no way to do it without installing another launcher?!

Pretty sure you can do this with Gravitybox and Nova Launcher. Is that what you're trying to do?

Gravitybox - Lockscreen - Background Style - Custom Image

Edited by dmrtn

Guest grasuxxl

That is what i needed to hear!"the function you require is not available in any AOSP rom by default"...And here is my question.Isaw that is an xposed module "xposed lockscreen wallpaper"-is this compatible with android 4.2.2?!And if not there is another xposed module?In gravity box there is no option to set lockscreen wallpaper?

Thanks a lot!

That is what i needed to hear!"the function you require is not available in any AOSP rom by default"...And here is my question.Isaw that is an xposed module "xposed lockscreen wallpaper"-is this compatible with android 4.2.2?!And if not there is another xposed module?In gravity box there is no option to set lockscreen wallpaper?

Thanks a lot!

Follow this trail in Gravitybox. I just did it in Jonzalvo's Pure AOSP 4.2.2 and it worked. No need for another Module

Gravitybox > Lockscreen > Background Style > Custom Image

Then Set Custom Image.

Edited by dmrtn

I doubt you can set shortcuts to individual settings like that only to the most common ones.

But if you find it, let us know.

You should go through all Gravitybox tweaks and test them out for yourself. You can't really break anything. Turn things on, turn things off and see what suits you.

Edited by dmrtn

Guest slime00

I tried this rom

GiONEE4.4_Coolpad-8297W_4.10.31.by lzy.zip

found here (pass zbrn)

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=634288773&uk=1110166341#path=%252F%25E9%2585%25B7%25E6%25B4%25BE%25E5%25A4%25A7%25E7%25A5%259EF1%25E8%2581%2594%25E9%2580%259A%25E7%2589%2588-8297w%25E7%25AC%25AC%25E4%25B8%2589%25E6%2596%25B9ROM%25E6%25B1%2587%25E6%2580%25BB

34ziwax.png2wp0xsh.png258a15k.png

xoplef.png2b759c.png29qm55l.png

it has spectacular sound (better than any other rom), but the incoming call crashes and you can't answer. When you make a call everything is OK.

Have anyone lese tried it?

Is there a known fix to this problem from other rom maybe?

I found a topic about this rom, the author said it only supports single sim, could this be the reason why your phone crashes? Do you use 2 sim cards?

Thanks!!!!It works!!Thank you very much!Can do an shortcut to this on the screen or on the bar!?

but grasuxxl stay away from blur image ( lockscreen) bcz yourphone freezing after that and the only things you can do is to flash the rom again.. i try this and this happend after that i try it for several times and every time i got freeze and need to flash the rom again.. Edited by Guest

Guest korekore1

but grasuxxl stay away from blur image ( lockscreen) bcz yourphone freezing after that and the only things you can do is to flash the rom again.. i try this and this happend after that i try it for several times and every time i got freeze and need to flash the rom again..

with which rom?

how to replace the system application message in K.K coolui

You mean the messaging application?

Why not just install an alternative (I prefer Textra these days) and then optionally freeze or delete the system one using a system app freezing/removal tool?

You mean the messaging application?

Why not just install an alternative (I prefer Textra these days) and then optionally freeze or delete the system one using a system app freezing/removal tool?

yup.. i frezze original with titanium and now have go sms, the only thing that doesn't work is led notifications..