Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest pestpony

@pestpony

I need some info so i can try as well

1) Did you use YGDP to flash?

2) Did you include gapps? Which file?

3) Is there still horrible lag when using 'recents'?

Hi @gordito,

Sorry for the delay.

1) I used YGDP to flash the rom (as usual, don't forget to have a backup if something goes wrong!!) In the process I changed the recovery for rooting after.

2) I used the gapps that there are in the 1st post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/  - Download for 4.4 & 4.4.2 roms (KitKat)

3) I don't know exactly what you refers... If you are talking about "recent calls", yes, there is a little lag.

@borsosg,

Thank you for the warning!!

After writing my post, I tried ART... And when I tried to reboot, screen went in black... BUT, no problem, I removed the battery and restored one of my security copy <_<

Problems that I have had with CoolUI 4.4 - v019:

-ART doesn't work (I thought it was because the gapss, but not at all).

-Battery, I can confirm this point, drains very quickly. I can remember my SGS2 did the same with kit kat.

-Sometimes I lose Root. I recover fashing it again.

Pro's for me:

-Camera: I have tried to use 4.4 camera in 4.2, even moving the libs... nothing...

-Alarm: the look of

-and a lot of RAM free!! Nearly 1 Gb.

Finally, I have come back to 4.2 - v041 because of battery. Coolui 4.2 rom is the best for the battery.

Some screenshots that I took from my smartphone with 4.4.019.P0.141028.8297W: (I dont know how to upload some photos, forum talks about photo with a kind of extension...).

Have a nice day!!

Guest mixanikosgr

I found a topic about this rom, the author said it only supports single sim, could this be the reason why your phone crashes? Do you use 2 sim cards?

I used one sim card, but the GIONEE rom  is still development version. We 'll wait for the new release.

I don't know if someone could ''export'' the drivers, libraries (i don't know), so we can use it in another rom. (eg emui unicom)

So we can have the spectacular crystal clear sound to other roms

Edited by mixanikosgr

I am now on the ATX 019 K.K

So far so good I replaced the messager apk with Handcent apk because textra did not want to receive messages,I enabled led notification with light flow and running but it is not flashing.Camera is great,sound is strong,antutu is 30400, I have not checked the battery it will take time if it is good then this will be better than 041 rom -we'll see

I am now on the ATX 019 K.K So far so good I replaced the messager apk with Handcent apk because textra did not want to receive messages,I enabled led notification with light flow and running but it is not flashing.Camera is great,sound is strong,antutu is 30400, I have not checked the battery it will take time if it is good then this will be better than 041 rom -we'll see

test it and if is better of 041 please let me know.. :D :D

Hello everybody! I am modifying the latest official ROM (041). I am trying to root it through Android Kitchen but although I follow the steps correctly, ROM never is rooted. How can I pre-root the ROM for flashing?

Thank you very much.

Guest slime00

you could use some version developed by atx, they usually are pre-rooted along with some tweaks/improvements, your job could be easier as well!

New F1  - Coolpad F1 Plus aka Faster than Faster will be announced on 6th November at Jingdong:

Coolpad-F1-Plus.jpg

wow, maybe that upgraded version i hoped for Q2 2015 will arrive earlier! Hope faster than faster doesn't mean also bigger than bigger :D

Edited by slime00

:D

If you look at the hight of the phones in that image they look pretty much the same size. I didn't look into mtk6752 benchmark scores but I guess it should be faster than mtk6592. Or they will use Snapdragon 615 with excellent adreno 405 which is slightly faster in some tests and used in F2 already.

Guest BrocasHelm
Did you or someone else try it? From the screenshots it looks like it's modified aosp again(the phone signals are not blue and orange as is the default) so I'm afraid that gravitybox won't properly work(quick settings tiles), nor will mobile uncle tools(sound levels).

It's there another pure aosp kitkat rom out there except a310 with the battery issues?

Guest Maringer

:D

If you look at the hight of the phones in that image they look pretty much the same size. I didn't look into mtk6752 benchmark scores but I guess it should be faster than mtk6592. Or they will use Snapdragon 615 with excellent adreno 405 which is slightly faster in some tests and used in F2 already.

I'd hope that it will be an MT6752. More chance of being able to adapt the ROMs (including Lollipop in due course, no doubt) to use with the original F1 in this case!

Also, I note that the HTC Desire 820 vs 820s use a Snapdragon 615 vs MT6752. The Snapdragon 615 runs a lower clocks and also different clocks for each 4-core cluster - one cluster at 1.5GHz and one at 1.0GHz. The MT6752, on the other hand, has both clusters running at 1.7GHz (in the Desire 820s). The Mediatek chip therefore ought to be faster though the Snapdragon GPU may possibly be quicker - no idea about relative performance between the Mali and Adreno chips.

Saša, it's good result as you know already :)

Glogowski, as one of best sellers it will most probably get MIUI 6

Maringer, this is F2 MTK6592  vs F2 Snapdragon 615 in 3DMark

MTK                                                                      Qualcomm

Coolpad-F2-3DMark.jpg

Edited by dakok

you could use some version developed by atx, they usually are pre-rooted along with some tweaks/improvements, your job could be easier as well!

Ok, thank you mate!

Guest Maringer

Saša, it's good result as you know already :)

Figures there would indicate that the GPU performance of the Adreno in shader-heavy applications is a lot better.

The physics scores show that the Mali (perhaps assisted by the higher-clocked CPUs?) is a lot stronger.

In general performance, I'd expect that the MTK chip ought to appear faster in general usage due to the higher clock speeds. Actually, scratch that. A brief bit of research indicates that the Snapdragon has a 64-bit memory interface as opposed to the 32-bit interface with the MTK chip. As clock speeds for memory are apparently the same, this means that it has twice as much bandwidth which could make a big difference.

Guest slime00

there are some kernel files, but it's not clear for what device are they and if they are complete

Saša, it's good result as you know already  :)

MTK                                                                      Qualcomm

Coolpad-F2-3DMark.jpg

well, i expected worse from our mali (or better for adreno), but the comparison should be done between snap615 and MT6752, both 64bit cpus A5x of the new mid-range sector, our poor old A7 mt6592 cpu can't fight this battle :D the MT6752 will have a nice Mali T760, which should be a different beast compared to ours... just think that it outperformed Adreno 420 of Snapdragon 805!

Exynos-5433-vs-Snapdragon-805-GPU-AnTuTu

i Hope the revamped F1 will use this CPU :D

Edited by slime00

Guest 77chedu

I'm running this right now, quite nice actually. Fluid, close to 32000 in antutu's benchmark, some chinese apps easy enough to remove, trebuchet launcher and CM file explorer

Do you have a link to a description, author, etc

Edited by 77chedu