Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

You mean stock ROMs?

This any use (from here (and maybe elsewhere): http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/?view=findpost&p=2238086)

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=51931371#category/type=0

Obviously only the 8297W downloads are relevant (although the 8297 downloads will work if you do the usual TD-SCDMA -> WCDMA patch: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/#entry2212206)

Edited by dalyer

Guest elaadhn

I'm running this right now, quite nice actually. Fluid, close to 32000 in antutu's benchmark, some chinese apps easy enough to remove, trebuchet launcher and CM file explorer

Do you have a link to a description, author, etc

What is it based on? (016, 019...)

Is it multilang?

Hows the battery life, camera and sound?

Does gravity box work?

Did anyone try the kitkat miui v6 from a few pages back?

Guest Alg0r1thm

Guys something interesting: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/10/mediateks-new-flagship-mt6795-details-exposed-budget-snapdragon-810/

(I initially posted something similar to a dead thread... Duh...)

According to the previous link: "... What’s more the MT6795 is pin compatible with the MT6592 so the upgrade should be quick and painless for most current phones..."

If this is true then THEORETICALLY the new pin compatible cpu version could be changed by a brave user, provided that he gets the chip and has micro bga reballing experience .... Far fetched fantasy but hope never dies:-)

Guest slime00

such a "frankenstein" phone would  maybe be incompatible with any rom available, since it has to be taylor-made to match any single component inside... but yes, it would be something interesting :)

Guest Arpione

What is it based on? (016, 019...)

I found the following line in build.prop that suggests it's based on the Himax Polymer rom:

ro.build.fingerprint=HIMAX/HIMAX/HIMAX:4.4/001/4.4.015.P0.140628.8297W_S10:release/release-keys

Guest Alg0r1thm

@slime00: indeed finding a rom for such an abomination would be challenging. But if a company simply swapped the cpu, cooked a new rom and sold this phone as fresh stuff then somebody could possibly sacrifice his patience and make the new rom fit into the Frankenstein phone.

But indeed this is insanely too many iffs already...

Guest Maringer

When it comes to benchmarks, Antutu is really poor, especially as a measure of 3D GPU performance.

gfxbench is one of the better GPU benchmarks and the Oppo U3 has just been benchmarked on it:

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?benchmark=gfx30&D1=HTC+Desire+D820&os1=Android&api1=gl&D2=Oppo+U3&cols=2

If this benchmark is anything to go by, the Snapdragon 615 and MT6752 are pretty much neck and neck in intensive GPU performance (use the offscreen benchmarks for a proper comparison).

Not sure how good the drivers are for these two phones at present, however. The Adreno in the Snapdragon is well ahead in most of the metrics so it seems odd that the offscreen results are so close!

Really angry for not replying this PM:

Hi and good evening.
Yesterday I was astonished to find that our favourite is no more available. I don't know whether it is deleted and why? I just made it as favourite and don't know also where it was located.Hope you will throw some light on it. What other thread is like that thread where the Chinese phones are discussed? thanks.

apple2005.

That was some error at modaco forum and the topic was back in a day or two. You shouldn't be mad for me not replying

that. You shouldn't remember that either :D

I thought you were referring to G300 topic but you meant China Phone Discussion :)

It nearly died because it was burred inside Huawei G300 topic and G300 was getting old so owners turned to other phones.

That topic was really good and I asked admins to pull it out from G300 grave but they wouldn't listen :( 

Here it is

Guest matejsolid

I have unexplained battery drain on laek.17 v4 with v3 kernel.

Baterry usually lasted for a day ( morning 8-9 am ) until bed ( 00:00 for instance ),almost 4 and half screen on tim,now I cant get 3 hours ???

Same usage more so,I dont play games now like before and battery time is dissapointing...

Anyone experiencing this,what to do,maybe reverse to v4 kernel,this should be more baterry optimizing and im experiencing opposite :/

I have unexplained battery drain on laek.17 v4 with v3 kernel.

Baterry usually lasted for a day ( morning 8-9 am ) until bed ( 00:00 for instance ),almost 4 and half screen on tim,now I cant get 3 hours ???

Same usage more so,I dont play games now like before and battery time is dissapointing...

Anyone experiencing this,what to do,maybe reverse to v4 kernel,this should be more baterry optimizing and im experiencing opposite :/

You mean repack by Alg0r1thm?

I don't have such issue with it.

Battery usage is similar to laek.17's v3.

Btw. discussion on it is in separate topic now.

I'm running this right now, quite nice actually. Fluid, close to 32000 in antutu's benchmark, some chinese apps easy enough to remove, trebuchet launcher and CM file explorer

Do you have a link to a description, author, etc

I am also using this rom. It is very good. Only problem is that youtube is not working and some videos does not load...

Does anyone know where is the problem and a possible solution?

Guest slime00

Here we are, Coolpad F1 plus first specs surfaced in the web, I have to say I expected a lot better than what they released:

Snapdragon 410 with Adreno 360 with 4g support

8mp with f2.2 back camera (!!!)

Ram LPDDR3

right now the only good thing should be the price (799yuan)

Edited by slime00

Guest slime00

really disappointed, the F1 was the only phone they really nailed. The only good thing is that the price of the F1 may drop (until stocks run out), since right now it's more expansive than when i bought it :D

Guest 77chedu

I am also using this rom. It is very good. Only problem is that youtube is not working and some videos does not load...

Does anyone know where is the problem and a possible solution?

Did you flash it with some gapps zip, or did you install the app from the market?

I can watch utube videos in my browser, both with chrome and boat

Guest slime00

is there any kernel development going on or done ?? :mellow: :mellow:

custom? nope

no, at this price is a couple of euros less! Very good price, not easy to find (you usually find it between 130-140 euros almost everywhere), if someone was thinking about buying it, just grab it!

Edited by slime00