Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Hi,  have one question regarding jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2. When I type SMS, if they are longer than 3 SMS (160 characters) it automatically changes to MMS. I have free sms, so I would like to disable this feature . Has any one experienced this, and is there a solution?

Did you flash it with some gapps zip, or did you install the app from the market?

I can watch utube videos in my browser, both with chrome and boat

I can also watch youtube with in browser, but in app(from play store) there is an endless loading...the same is with some videos from other sites. It seems that a some kind of build in video codec is missing... Edited by brusss

Hi,  have one question regarding jonzalvo's AOSP 4.2.2. When I type SMS, if they are longer than 3 SMS (160 characters) it automatically changes to MMS. I have free sms, so I would like to disable this feature . Has any one experienced this, and is there a solution?

I think a lot of people just use Textra/Handcent/etc now. I didn't particularly enjoy the native messaging app. Found it very clunky.

Edited by dmrtn

Guest slime00

So, it seems that the f1 plus is not much that an Unicom version of the F1 4g TDSCMA out some months ago, the one launched along the watered-down F1. Exact same specs (1gb of RAM included), plus cheating name and slogan  :D

Edited by slime00

Guest legaucher34

Hi everybody,

Just a question, the rom ATX 019 8297w, is it a good rom for daily use?

Gps, camera, sms, call, H+, notification led, battery, crap chinese apps, .....

I can also watch youtube with in browser, but in app(from play store) there is an endless loading...the same is with some videos from other sites. It seems that a some kind of build in video codec is missing...

Uninstall youtube, and then do not allow it to update. That fixed my problem.

Guest Maringer

LTE aside, you can't really say that the Snapdragon 410 is much like an upgrade to the MT6952. The Cortex-A53s should be a bit faster than the A7s in the MTK chip, but they are clocked lower so overall performance ought to be similar. Otherwise, I suppose hardware decode of h.265 might be of use some time in the future, but I don't expect that too much video content will move away from h.264 any time soon.

All in all, rather disappointing for a so-called 'Plus' phone.

Well, LTE is a "must" these days in China so you could interpret that as a Plus. Otherwise it's Cool F1 Minus :D

PS

It supports gestures

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

good news,android L brings back external sd r/w rights for apps!Lets see how rooting will be treated in L..

it's good news, but probably we won't be able to benefit it in the F1, since I'm pretty sure Coolpad won't upgrade to L our model!

LTE aside, you can't really say that the Snapdragon 410 is much like an upgrade to the MT6952. The Cortex-A53s should be a bit faster than the A7s in the MTK chip, but they are clocked lower so overall performance ought to be similar. Otherwise, I suppose hardware decode of h.265 might be of use some time in the future, but I don't expect that too much video content will move away from h.264 any time soon.

All in all, rather disappointing for a so-called 'Plus' phone.

absolutely agree with everything, calling it plus was only a marketing strategy, since the same model for TDSCMA was simply called "F1 4G" a couple of months ago. And a stupid marketing strategy, if you ask me: the f1 was a great success in china, if some users go for the name and want to "upgrade" to this plus model (unless they care only about 4g) they won't probably notice any upgrade or may even see some areas (maybe camera, raw power and multitasking?) where the old f1 performs better, Coolpad will be litteraly bombed by protest messages from angry users and will lose some of credibility (and I know chinese users are very difficult to accomplish, just look at coolpad forum and you'll see how they complain about everything :D )

Edited by slime00

hi, ı am help please my english bad. my phone costum rom How returns to the original

See here.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/#entry2212206

The "easy peasy" section about the YGDP tool and drivers for flashing stock ROMs in CPB format.

Use Chrome translate if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Guest ceza456

See here.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/#entry2212206

The "easy peasy" section about the YGDP tool and drivers for flashing stock ROMs in CPB format.

Use Chrome translate if necessary.

Hope this helps.

thanks friend but links dead and flash tool come back first rom not multilanguage

How do I make multi-language

What links are dead?

Aren't all stock ROMs Chinese and English only?

I don't know how you can make them multilanguage but you asked about getting back to stock originally.