Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

2g-3g is not a problem for me.. tell me do you fresh install your app or you use titanium.. i have 75 my app so is a litlle problem for me to switch every day from one to other rom..

Guest prshkr07

No one to report TouchOS or Emui 3.0 experience?

When i install any miui or emui 3.0 rom my accelerometer doesn't work. Rest everything works fine. But in laek's kitkat rom accelerometer works. My phone is Micromax A310. Any solution to fix this? please help. [emoji26]

Guest gst0098

I've used emui3 since its release.

Overall performances equals to that achievable with atx018.

Antutu and gfxbench gives the same figures.

That said I must admit that I prefer atx and I'm thinking to go back. I need to find a way to overcome the led notifications problem as they works only for missed calls or sms.

I already tried the patch to enable multi color led notifications without any luck, while the same patch applied to emui3 works like a charm.

Guest userDJJ

Odd Rabbit has new Kitkat Touch OS 2.0 (Nibiru mobitel)

ROM Author: Nameless Unknown

Android: 4.4.2

Production date: 2014-11-11

ROM Size: 293MB

Applicable models: Cool Great God F1 Mobile, China Unicom

Download

190030ilzppdea0zjpgdlp.png190923a8hqfxg1lld6ghlq.png

COOL-NIBINU-1.zip
This one looks like 4.4.2 kitkat moly.wr8 v62 2014/09/09 (alarm app is the same), rooted after you update supersu (allready installed), default language chinese (+eng when you managed to find setting), it has anoying data popup i was able to get rid off after reboot, has glove mode, gps/camera is working, very little chinese appz (ifly, mtktweak, ucbrowser, 3 other in chinese), 2/3g & wifi network is working, firewall for voice calls, it has nice setting wizard for 1st use (oobe) on main screen, 83 system apps installed, chinese app market (com.baidu.appsearch), 2 tab shortcut boards that one can drag from the top on main screen, built in app for system update fw.
Now after 1 hour neither Eng/Ch keyboard doesn't show when you want to type something - bug ?.Rebooted but no difference.

I've used emui3 since its release.

Overall performances equals to that achievable with atx018.

Antutu and gfxbench gives the same figures.

That said I must admit that I prefer atx and I'm thinking to go back. I need to find a way to overcome the led notifications problem as they works only for missed calls or sms.

I already tried the patch to enable multi color led notifications without any luck, while the same patch applied to emui3 works like a charm.

1st post on page 9

http://telchina.pl/coolpad-f1-root-rom-recovery-eng-t9577.html

8297w-EMUI3.0.zip
Huawei miui rom, rooted, phone is found as Huawei gt750-t01, droid 4.4.2, build 2014/7/04  multilanguage (about 20 languages), both apn (internet, mms) were automatically entered & then data connection turned on, white background in system menus (i prefer black), 3 physical button dont work on the main screen, home/back works in system menus & other 3rd party apps - no multitasking, in a lot of system menus os wants to sync something with Huawei cloud, 110 system apps installed - only 2 with chinese letters, 2/3g & wifi network is working, green led flashes for missing call - noled doesn't work, it has
2 tab shortcut boards that one can drag from the top on main screen, built in app for system update fw, camera makes nice pictures - flash goes on in dark condition.

Those 2 reviewed roms are pretty similar, both runs smooth, didn't test whether both sim card are detected/working,  if i had to choose, it would be COOL-NIBINU-1.

Will test COOLPAD_8297W_JB2_4.2.2_14.11.07.zip http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjls5jR this evening.
Edited by userDJJ

Guest Jpower73

I tried nibiru h1 (touch os) 3 days ago.

Well, in short..

Very smooth, nice ui, only 548mb of ram at the beginning, 1giga tops.

But,

(as a fan of a310)

Power consumption estimated 8% per hour with wifi activated and 4,5h sot.

Also, photos seems to be a bit noisy, comparing with a310. Photo files size is 30 per cent smaller.

Xposed works fine but gravity box misses a few options.

Back to a310

Edited by Jpower73

Guest Milanche78

2g-3g is not a problem for me.. tell me do you fresh install your app or you use titanium.. i have 75 my app so is a litlle problem for me to switch every day from one to other rom..

Never used Titanium before, now I had to to remove chinese apps.

Today I was looking for a A310 ROM and than I found this about 5.0 Lollipop android version. Is this A310 model same as Coolpad F1 8297W?

I saw on Modaco that it is a fake.

Can someone recommend a A310 Rom and where to find the ROM?

Edited by Guest

Guest userDJJ
COOLPAD_8297W_JB2_4.2.2_14.11.07.zip
This is lewa os v6, not rooted, ported to 8297W aka "unicom great good" by google translate

Lewa zip file is 370 MB, one from baidu is smaller, 346 MB.

After you boot into frsh lewa, under "sim card setting" you cannot pass next step i english, had to go back, select chinese language, sim card is detected, now i go back on more time, switch to english, and sim card is again detected.
Had some troubles with brightness of display (set to auto all time), after 5 minutes has become very dark as you can see after 1st screenshot, perhaps i unwittingly managed to activate some night/power save mode from dropdown menu on main screen.After reboot seems to be good again :unsure: .
Under "reboot phone" you can reboot directly into recovery mode or just plain reboot.
Language is CN/EN.

Within text file on sd card where i have my wifi pass i am having trouble selecting whole pass, this the first time i see something like that, i got no response while double tapping on text, after some trial and error i managed to copy pass into wifi setup window.The system seem not so smooth as are previous rooms.

I dont like this rom, it is to much adjusted to Chinese.Ram usage is pretty high 822 MB and it took almost a minute to show running apps (sys settings, apps, running apps).

edit, official Lewa zip runs more smoothly, 463MB used, and open list of app almost instantly, i see a process VirusDefense, this one seem to be slowing whole system

post-1049550-0-93141700-1415983351_thumb

post-1049550-0-56453200-1415983353_thumb

post-1049550-0-84418800-1415983360_thumb

post-1049550-0-84937100-1415983367_thumb

post-1049550-0-34389100-1415983375_thumb

Edited by userDJJ

COOLPAD_8297W_JB2_4.2.2_14.11.07.zip
This is lewa os v6, not rooted, ported to 8297W aka "unicom great good" by google translate

Lewa zip file is 370 MB, one from baidu is smaller, 346 MB.

Same ROM as here?

http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297-lewa-os5/

Today I was looking for a A310 ROM and than I found this about 5.0 Lollipop android version. Is this A310 model same as Coolpad F1 8297W?

I saw on Modaco that it is a fake.

Can someone recommend a A310 Rom and where to find the ROM?

This?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/?view=findpost&p=2230069

That's KK so I don't know what L version you're referring to...?

Is there a Carliv Touch Recovery for the Coolpad F1 and where can I find?

Can I use a backup from CWM recovery in TWRP or CTR Recovery or are there differences and restore will not work and the restore will only work with the specific recovery tool??

Edited by Guest

Latest 038 CoolUI KitKat for TD phones by ATX Team (use WCDMA/3G patch!)

Brush may not ROOT, and you do not want to replace the rec heavy brush, then download the latest SuperSU zip for flash
Tips: When you see the wait Brush a moment, everyone please be patient, directly see the three wait a moment, that is only expressed Brush completed 
individual oil reaction ROOT is not normal, personal use RMG recovery brush into 

(how do you have any good suggestions, welcome, like stability, Welcome to brush this official version) 
  • 038 based on official production update unpack 
  • authorized use of super-elite, perfect ROOT 
  • add busybox instruction set, 
  • remove the startup sound and other cool 
  • weather program preserves, oil Feedback require 
  • USB debugging features enabled by default 
  • turned off by default desktop cool stream to prevent delays, save traffic 
  • adjust the default desktop wallpaper and other styles, more beautiful 
  • script rewrite Brush, Brush automatically deleted during the previous residual icon 
  • status bar to remove the unsightly scene mode icon has been 
  • redefined ATX advanced settings, feature enhancements, follow-up will amend 
  • Support The new electricity hundred percent showed a more harmonious
  • support software from Kai housekeeper, better management software 
  • supports two state-column layout. Three-and the official version, the default three sections, resolved early small BUG, has the perfect 
  • support speeds open and close, two styles, can be displayed simultaneously upload and download speed, support for color customization 
  • support network standard options, support for locking network standard for 3G GSM and other 
  • support engineering mode selection in, the use of oil needed 
  • to support advanced features goggles, night reading without pressure 
  • support ZTE screen assistant, set to open in the ATX open 
  • support V4-class sound, can be turned in the ATX set 
  • off by default button vibration, in the Settings / Sound turned 
  • off by default keyboard light, the setting / display / keyboard light duration, turn 
  • right into the re-arrangement of the desktop icons, and remove unwanted icons 
  • phone standby capacity optimization 
  • zipalign ROM has been optimized to reduce memory usage 
  • optimization the effect of the global 3G network optimization touch response 
  • optimization underlying framework to optimize power consumption, more power 

Download

170211ot9ypy9i4b19zpig.png

Edited by dakok

Guest userDJJ

can't seem to download

Why not ?

Please see 1st post of this thread  (page 1, and search for "Hack for a fast China Download from pan.Baidu").

If you dont understand Chinese just look at the picture:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-160#entry2239536

Edited by userDJJ

Hi all! Is anybody know where i can find MIUI V6 ROM with no or acceptable bugs?

These are just dressed-up MIUI v5 releases. :)

Miui v6 for F1 is not out yet 

Guest userDJJ

Latest 038 CoolUI KitKat for TD phones by ATX Team (use WCDMA/3G patch!)

170211ot9ypy9i4b19zpig.png

Sim card is not detected, no 2g network (3g), neither with Jonzalvo patch for 3g.

Could be locked to Chinese only sim cards ?

newsflash: flashing this rom produced my both imei got blank.

Edited by userDJJ

Guest slime00

to our most "technical" users: would it be possible to create an hybrid between Coolui (as a base) and AOSP apps (sms, dialer, contacts, mail client)? simply replacing apps in system/app folder obviously doesn't work, but is there a possibility to do it?

Edited by slime00

Guest userDJJ

Even before applying patch phone didnt connect to network, so i assume lost of imei is not related to jonzalvo patch, but this 038 kk rom.

Managed to restore it with YGDP Tool and applying cwm recovery image into extracted 041 cbp file.

Guest Arpione

to our most "technical" users: would it be possible to create an hybrid between Coolui (as a base) and AOSP apps (sms, dialer, contacts, mail client)? simply replacing apps in system/app folder obviously doesn't work, but is there a possibility to do it?

Everything can be done with enough time and patience :) A couple of months ago I did a test where I put the apps from an AOSP rom into a CoolUI JB rom and after booting I got to the google setup screen which is a promising start. I didn't bother to play more with it, I fixed jonzalvo's rom instead. For a start what you could do is replace some apps and check the logcat output when you start them. That way we could find what's preventing them from running (my guess is a missing resource from framework-res.apk).

Edited by Arpione

Guest slime00

Right now, the problem would be making them install, let alone open them! :) even adding aosp apps with proper permissions and uninstalling coolpad ones with rom toolbox pro, they don't appear in the drawer, and the system doesn't allow to manual install them! It's like trying to install coolpad camera on aosp, it aborts installation, so the possibility that it's a framework issue is pretty high! 

Edited by slime00