Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Even before applying patch phone didnt connect to network, so i assume lost of imei is not related to jonzalvo patch, but this 038 kk rom.

Managed to restore it with YGDP Tool and applying cwm recovery image into extracted 041 cbp file.

I helped few members with lost IMEI and the only way for restoring it was restoring 2 NVRAM files or flashing 

015 with Soda's tutorial and files.

YGDP Tool wouldn't help there.

You should have flashed Xs patch and IMEI would be fine.

My guess, but I am pretty sure about that :)

Guest userDJJ

I helped few members with lost IMEI and the only way for restoring it was restoring 2 NVRAM files or flashing 

015 with Soda's tutorial and files.

You should have flashed Xs patch and IMEI would be fine.

My guess, but I am pretty sure about that :)

Well i tryed http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36360287 , MtkDroidTools v2.5.3.zip, Mobileuncle MTK Tools apk without success.

I thought there is only one file responsible for imei ?
/data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

Found "2) Soda's Factory Rom 015 Flash Tutorial & Tools (tested)" to complicated (don't know where to get file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt") so i only did it YGDP way and it worked.Dunno why.
Edited by userDJJ

For future reference, most of the methods do not work if NVRAM (that has IMEI data) is screwed.

The only way is to use your previous stock NVRAM backup made with MTK Droid Tool.

Or to ask someone that has it but he gives you his IMEI that way. 

Use MTK Droid Tool again and write in your own IMEI numbers :)

Two important files are: NVRAM bin and tar

Tested two times :)

Edited by dakok

Guest martinoff

Have you try it? Is USB working? It's for tdsma version but I think there is no difference in7 partitions schema

If it is working I'll be glad to finally get my friends USB working

Guest elaadhn

Hi Guys, 

First, i'd like to send my thanks for all the updates and hard work, I really appreciate it (esp. Dadok :-) )

I have a weird problem i can't solve. 

I entered a new 2nd sim. at boot up the phoned is locked and requests "PIN - please enter the privacy protection password to unlock". 

I can't get around it no matter what I try. 

I tried restarting. 

no sims.

switching sims. 

diffrent unlocking apps.

locking and password change via the android device manager

I don't have any 

No matter how many times I try , after 5 tries it just waits the 30 sec and let's me try again. no 'forgot password' or anything else. 

questions is what else to do, other than flash a new rom? (currently on Laek.17 V4 repack).  I wouldn't mind flashing, but I dont have an updated Titanium backup...

Edited by elaadhn

Guest korekore1

Hi Guys, 

First, i'd like to send my thanks for all the updates and hard work, I really appreciate it (esp. Dadok :-) )

I have a weird problem i can't solve. 

I entered a new 2nd sim. at boot up the phoned is locked and requests "PIN - please enter the privacy protection password to unlock". 

I can't get around it no matter what I try. 

I tried restarting. 

no sims.

switching sims. 

diffrent unlocking apps.

locking and password change via the android device manager

No matter how many times I try try, after 5 tries it just waits the 30 sec and let's me try again. no 'forgot password' or anything else. 

questions is what else to do, other than flash a new rom? (currently on Laek.17 V4 repack).  I wouldn't mind flashing, but I dont have an updated Titanium backup...

you have to disable pin protection for the sim card before putting it with the new rom

Edited by korekore1

Guest elaadhn

Take 2nd sim card to some other phone, disable pin protection for sim card, turn off phone and switch it into coolpad f1.

I'll try, but it doesn't make much sense. 

if I remove the sims comletely it stil locked. if I put just the old sim (which is unlocked) its also still locked. 

The new sim has already been activated and unlocked as well. 

I thought maybe it's an old installation of "Where's my droid" or something, but I reset the password and pin from there too, and still no go. 

Guest elaadhn

ok, 

tried both sims in other phones, both working ok, no pin code needed. 

So tried to wipe davlik etc. nothing. 

wiped data & cache & Davlik, flashed nexus rom. same problem again. 

it doesnt seem to be related to google device manager, where's my droid or any thing else I can think of. 

I'm getting desperate here, any other tips? 

:unsure:

Edited by elaadhn

Guest userDJJ

elaadhn

What rom were you using when this happened first time ?

What exactly were you doing that produced locking stuff ?

So your f1 is practically locked without / with every sim (your 2), have you tryed sim from your frend, wife etc. ? Very strange indeed.

If you have  8297W:

i would took YGDP Tool & DL last stock FW 041 http://www.yulong.com/product/product/product/load.html?productBO.product.id=6471&productBO.menuId=5082 and flash phone .

if I remove the sims comletely it stil locked.

tried both sims in other phones, both working ok, no pin code needed. 
Edited by userDJJ

Guest elaadhn

I just entered a new sim card to slot 2. 

Rom is Laek.17 repack. 

I never had any password/pattern/pin set up, of any kind, screen/sim card or whatever. 

this is very strange indeed. 

I already tried wipes and different Rom so don't know what else to do other than a full flash with the YGDP tool (never used it before).

I can't check my IMEI of course cause I cant access anything. however it does connect ok to the networks, on both sims, and wifi.

i'm trying old backups to see if it will help first.

Only thing i found about this issue is to do a hard reset, but I can only manage to access the Fastboot or CWM. not the factory reset menu (although erasing user data from cwm sounds the same to me).

i'll try formatting system also.  

-update - 

after flashing an old backup, no sim. just wifi. 

i got into the phone ok, went into security settings - nothing on pin or sim lock. no pattern lock or anything. 10 sec in and the pin lock jumped up again. 

this is driving me nuts...

Edited by elaadhn

Guest korekore1

I just entered a new sim card to slot 2. 

Rom is Laek.17 repack. 

I never had any password/pattern/pin set up, of any kind, screen/sim card or whatever. 

this is very strange indeed. 

I already tried wipes and different Rom so don't know what else to do other than a full flash with the YGDP tool (never used it before).

I can't check my IMEI of course cause I cant access anything. however it does connect ok to the networks, on both sims, and wifi.

i'm trying old backups to see if it will help first.

Only thing i found about this issue is to do a hard reset, but I can only manage to access the Fastboot or CWM. not the factory reset menu (although erasing user data from cwm sounds the same to me).

i'll try formatting system also.  

-update - 

after flashing an old backup, no sim. just wifi. 

i got into the phone ok, went into security settings - nothing on pin or sim lock. no pattern lock or anything. 10 sec in and the pin lock jumped up again. 

this is driving me nuts...

maybe its an app you installed that asks for the pin

Guest elaadhn

no app. 

this is weird. I flashed one of the latest coolpad ATX roms (020), and it works fine (nice rom but i need a multilang and gapps). 

if i flash Laek/nexus again (after wipes) the pin block is up again. 

maybe it's google services related? I already changed the password, tried lock/unlock via device manager. 

Pfff, im lost. 

PS. any quick download for v.018 with gapps? 

Guest userDJJ

In call dialer, enter: *#06#

It should show both imei.

Or Settings, about phone, status, imei information & sim status.

gapps zip for KK, install within cwm

https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip/

or

https://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip/

here is the list: http://www.teamandroid.com/gapps/

I am using this rom, works better from those chinese stripped/modified:

AOSP_V4_KK_laek.17_with_v3_kernel (649 dls)

Steps how new rom shoud be installed, you did all steps ?

- Download zip file (rom) and transfer that to SDcard
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off quick boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for at least 10 seconds.
- You are in CWM now (probably)
- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition
- Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data. Go back
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Reboot to system

Edited by userDJJ