Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest razorinc

So you've tried both and AOSP is better than InFocus? Were there any other reasons apart from GravityBox that InFocus wasn't as good?

I was just about to try it, so I guess I'll try AOSP now :)

You cant mistake with both roms, AOSP maucat has great battery life (I m using it now, 3h20min sot, 12h on battery, 50%left) and AOSP infocus is maybe more smoother, really nice camera, battery life is litlle more worse and only some options in gravitybox works

aosp maucat is real aosp and  work properly  gravity box and xposed ,use apex launcher .Infocus maucat works well but who likes to have gravity box not for him

use better camera for photo and stock kamera for video recording and finds gps for 4s in the house

in gravity box you must enable fullscreen caller photo or you have black screen

Edited by rista1

Is this rom root? Has gapps? Thank you.

yes, it has root and gapps.

Does it have Xposed and Gravitybox?

no, they are not installed, but are supported (in gravitybox only settings thad are related to status bar are nor fully functional-center clock, etc...others are working  just fine)

Guest razorinc

Guys periodically check those yandex links for maucat roms, because nobody will inform you about new update.. For example yesterday was new infocus update at 22:14 (you can see date on the right side when was modified)...

Edited by razorinc

Guest razorinc

Would the Online Update Check button under settings not pick up the updates?

Two things I like when I flash roms... Those are cwm recovery and I always do a clean install. This is my answer to your question.

Guest userDJJ

@dakok

Hi, hope everything is fine there. I want to buy this phone for my daughter. There are two versions available. One is Qualcom and another is mtk. Which one is better? And where it is available for cheap?Thanks in advance.

Where did you find 2 versions ?

All roms here are for mkt soc (MTK6592).

Edited by userDJJ

Guest jakethedooggg

Does anyone know how to edit the vold.fstab file to revert back the internal storage with sdcard switch? I changed it like the backup, but then the sdcard doesn't mount I have to revert again.

What we have: 042b7b3cc2fe431fc837c4ce4e111128.png

3046b23085f5306c9703ee281505cef5.png

The backup is supposed to be the old one, with sdcard as external storage. Actual one have the sdcard as internal.

Thanks for help, if any.

Edited by jakethedooggg

@dakok

Hi, hope everything is fine there. I want to buy this phone for my daughter. There are two versions available. One is Qualcom and another is mtk. Which one is better? And where it is available for cheap?Thanks in advance.

F1 Plus has weaker Qualcomm CPU, less ram but has 4G,

so I would go for mtk phone we all have :)

Check it at Coolicool and To2c

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/infocus_coolpad8297w-multilenguaje-4pda-ru-by-maucat.89127/

Launcher can be set up to have app drawer in its preferences

Home button long press starts google search; double tap, apps running. Plus it has a built-in task manager that can be accesed with the menu button

looks like this ROM has great storage I/O performance (1551 points, while on most both 4.2.2 & 4.4.2 it's 800-1000 points).

Too bad that 3D is as slow on all KK ROMs.

Guest userDJJ

I did, I turned it back, like the backup one, and didn't work. The SD card couldn't be mounted.

You put fstab into / (root folder) ?

Try by running "mount -o remount, rw /mnt/sdcard1"

What about "permissions" ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2346389

9. Paste the new edited vold.fstab file there and long press on it you will get a menu from there change the permissions to "rw_r_ _r_ _" this is important.

Edited by userDJJ

Guest jakethedooggg

You put fstab into / (root folder) ?

Try by running "mount -o remount, rw /mnt/sdcard1"

I edited the file in System/etc so yeah. First  I edit it, then I reboot.