Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest userDJJ

(1) https://yadi.sk/d/ykjsUTOCdJq4u   AOSP_KitKat_4.4.2 bgstalker

(2) https://yadi.sk/d/lyakJ_MFd7TTo   AOSP_KitKat_4.4.2 usermau

(3) https://yadi.sk/d/OB18XOpWdKRM3    InFocus_Coolpad8297w usermau

As i see now there are three 3 versions on yandex disc.

(3) is based on http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqrGYd2 cleaned from chinese stuff.

Infos from 4pda thread http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=595613

There is a lot usefull infos, but reading is not funny if you are still adjusting to cyrillic letters.

Edited by userDJJ

MIUI 037 by cs1002944503

download

3G patch needed!

003649atvtpz511vm98o78.png

red rice from the latest stable version miui 37.0 making note 

- crack the system core. System Standby default single-core operation, power can not afford to fluency, MTK's MIUI or red rice is best 
- join MTK performance mode. 
- System Additional settings for various user-friendly features 
optimized code -boot power 
- Remove the extra system bell. Retain commonly used to boot the first screen Cool Great God F1 logo 
- Add millet hottest ner sound 
- WSM toolbox crack the system theme add flash screen calls and other applicable functions specific

helper go inside to open additional settings. 
- Think it would be a single core card switching performance mode of operation. Yourself to feel it 
welcomed the brush into the experience of 

the first brush must restart the machine to load the system services, first boot a little slow, please be patient,

you can restart after a smooth experience

Edited by dakok

So I'm using InFocus which is the first KK ROM that I've tried. How do I get the camera, for example, to use the sd card as the main storage as opposed to the "emulated" one. I flashed the first two zips on page 1 of this thread dealing with KK external storage but it put me into a boot loop.

Similarly how do I get apps like WhatsApp to read from the sd card rather than the emulated one

Any other tips for a first time KK user?

Edited by dmrtn

Guest tlozano

So I'm using InFocus which is the first KK ROM that I've tried. How do I get the camera, for example, to use the sd card as the main storage as opposed to the "emulated" one. I flashed the first two zips on page 1 of this thread dealing with KK external storage but it put me into a boot loop.

Similarly how do I get apps like WhatsApp to read from the sd card rather than the emulated one

Any other tips for a first time KK user?

Setup --> Storage --> Select SD Card default Storage.

I have Infocus port too and the pictures was saved in the external SD card.

Guest Milanche78

I flashed this new little KK rom, and I am missing a lot of cool stuff from the CoolUi rom, but the most stock keybord, does any1 knows where I can dl it from, or has it in .apk, thanks.

I flashed this new little KK rom, and I am missing a lot of cool stuff from the CoolUi rom, but the most stock keybord, does any1 knows where I can dl it from, or has it in .apk, thanks.

If you unzip the previous ROM, can't you then just install the apks from that? As long as you aren't overwriting anything in the new ROM that works for me. Have done it with Nova Prime from Jonzalvo 4.2.2 into InFocus

Setup --> Storage --> Select SD Card default Storage.

I have Infocus port too and the pictures was saved in the external SD card.

Thanks, I did this but it seemed to take a while to take effect but the camera is okay now. The other apps are still running from emulated though which is annoying

Guest slime00

it seems I wasn't completely fool when I imagined my F1 in 2015 :D http://www.modaco.com/topic/373789-how-an-updated-coolpad-f1-could-be-in-2015/

the two downsides are - if confirmed - the unique body (for me) and the very small battery (for everyone!)... a bigger battery and the "non m" processor would have been better choices! They talk about different models in the Great God serie, so let's hope there is a "plus" version of this one aswell (but not plus as the one of our f1 :D )

Edited by slime00

Guest korekore1

the only thing i like is the circular home button..The good thing is that we will get lollipop one way or another (if that is a good thing after all..)

Anyone heard anything about lollipop vs kitkat performance on the same hardware?

Edited by korekore1

New soc might be generous to battery or a rom with extra low consumption may appear :)

While it's only part of the SoC the Cortex-A53 should be significantly better performing and lower power than the Cortex-A7.

Edited by dalyer

Look at the batteries for MTK6752 models, 2500 - 3300 mAh, so 2000mAh might be not enough :(

AF9TSna.png

Association = Lenovo

Good Domain = Jiayu

Small Wow = Wa Phone

Big Cola = Dakele

Ou = iOcean (probably)

Edited by dakok

AOSP 4.4 by RMG (needs 3G patch)

Foreword

This is the last version 4.4 native, he would not be updated after the completion of the first restart, restart the phone again! !

4.12.16 Update: 

Update to the latest end packet 

voice completely repair broken sound & noise problem 
to remove the speaker volume booster option 
repair charge off without battery logo 

RF parameter optimization to reduce power consumption 
to enhance the stability of the system 
to optimize the network signal 

to update the Advanced Setup 
join Nexus flashlight 
adding speed status bar displays 
the original boot animation option to join the Cool 

ART mode: 
1. First mode switching ART longer time, please be patient 
2. xposed framework does not support the installation 
of the program compatibility issues 3. 
4. Install the software larger memory space occupied

I have noticed that AOSP Gamer Edition has poor "runtime environment" result in Antutu (below 50% of other both JB & KK ROMs).
I have done some testing trying to improve performance on other ROMs and I found that's result of this line in /system/build.prop:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

You can simply remove it or comment with '#' at the beginning (remounting /system rw first) and after reboot you'll get the same "runtime environment" value as on other ROMs, without impact on anything else (having still the same good results in other aspects, including 3D) and 1000-1500 points higher overall Antutu result.

Edited by xeros2

Guest Arpione

MIUI v5 development is over by the end of this month and they will continue with v6...

I really hope they'll finally make a kitkat based MIUI for the F1, It's getting annoying that all the custom roms are JB based except for EMUI, which is ugly in my opinion :D

Edited by Arpione

Guest sumitstephen

Did anyone managed to Fix autorotation and accelerometer on MiUi running on Micromax nitro A310  ??? 

Edited by sumitstephen