Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest fundament

Probably drivers issue. I don't have any experience with win8, sorry. U can always use airdroid app from Google Play Store until someone gives you a proper answer

Guest slime00

it seems elephone p5000 will have mt6592 and cyanogenmod 11 (plus 4 more roms available on choice), should be good!

Edited by slime00

Guest slime00

new AOSP on ydss, it says it's 4.4.4, who knows!

211203bg3dj4mhe3z3z3qi.png

ROM size: 431m UI type: aosp models: Cool 8297 Unicom version Date: 2015-3-08 recommends using TWRP REC brush into a model based on official overseas wire brush factory original package to extract production, rewrite the script made ​​into a foreign official ROM is definitely the latest 4.44, ART normal mode, switch to restart the required part-time, nice and smooth direct plug- other not enumerate, dedicated to love oil Brush gesture mode is not available at present, but does not affect the daily use have questions, please feedback thread, or private letter I do not like not another brush, do not like do not spray, I hate sprayer a former Brush, please make a backup (recommended titanium backup, GO backup data in advance or Chinese Recovery comes with backup function) 1, the downloaded ZIP format card brush package copied to an SD card / built-in card root directory; 2, phone completely off, press the key combination to manually enter Recovery mode; 3, without special requirements, please according to their individual needs to be double clear data (official ROM and ROM transplant each brush must double clear); 4, according to the Chinese Recovery to restore the system prompts contents brush card, manually restart the phone after the finish! Without my permission is strictly prohibited secondary modifications. Packaged reproduced, Bhd, please indicate the transplant Brush step or the old rules, see the forum! ! ! Brush risk, bricked I just help you save bricks, others wonder, then save the poor! Brush into the ROM representatives agreed that I did not force you to brush !!, finally, do not like do not spray, do not like do not brush, no one is forcing you to brush, I hate sprayer

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGimo42

Guest dakok

based on official overseas wire brush factory original package to extract production, rewrite the script made ​​into a foreign official ROM is definitely the latest 4.44

According to bolded we should know about this rom already?

Guest slime00

you are right, 77chedu :) after all, it may be a real 4.4.4 :) the build number is from Cubot x9, wich is a 4.4.4 phone. The rom has support for hotknot and wake gestures, unfortunately our kernel hasn't any of these features enabled! :( seems a very nice rom with a fresher look than usual AOSP, may have good potential! :D

and, I have to say, it's the only rom that allowed me to both answer and close the call with the headset button :D

the rom had spanish on first boot, I believe it's a porting of this one! (this would explain the overseas thing!)  http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/custom-rom-mod-cubot-x9-basada-en-v07-de-09-01-15-por-manowaracero.92105/

edit: i had no root, so I had to use the the "4.4 root.zip" with kinguser. It also had no keyboard, so be prepared to put one the sd. Notification led doesn't seem to work, will have to try the 7 colors fix. Overall first impression is very good, antutu score is 32325 on v.5.6.1.

edit2: the 7 colors led patch seems to work, don't know how many colors but at least when in charge the red one appears! use the app "sdfix" to allow writing on external storage.

Edited by slime00

Guest 77chedu

One more interesting rom, Android L style ( description says it is heavy modded 4.4.2)

http://www.7to.cn/androidrom/romdetail/24834

http://bbs.7to.cn/thread-37964-1-1.html

For the looks of it - check the modified settings in spanish on the screenies-), it's a reworked port of RMGs "L" via a reworked Redmi Note of mine

http://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/android-lollipop-4-4-2-descarga-beta-75.95645/

I'm familiar with the redmi project -as you can see- and I was going to use a modded version of its modified settings for a new version of my repack. 

It's funny how these things work

EDIT: I've just finished downloading it and it's definetively the redmi note rom ported back to Coolpad

Edited by 77chedu

Guest matejsolid

Is there any way to increase vibration effect ? I dont feel vibration at all,most times notification came but no vibration effect altough I switcher to vibration mode ..

I'm using xtremevanilla aosp but same thing was on laek.17,vibration effect isn't good at all.

Previously I owned LG 4X and this device had more powerful vibration,is this factory restricted and no way increasing "strength" of vibration ?

Guest korekore1

Is there any way to increase vibration effect ? I dont feel vibration at all,most times notification came but no vibration effect altough I switcher to vibration mode ..

I'm using xtremevanilla aosp but same thing was on laek.17,vibration effect isn't good at all.

Previously I owned LG 4X and this device had more powerful vibration,is this factory restricted and no way increasing "strength" of vibration ?

i agree.Also the capasitive buttons vibration is too strong,it would be cool if we could lower that down.Also this behavior is present on most of our roms,maybe the vibration adjustment is on the kernel

Guest slime00

about Coolpad updates (4.2 and 4.4)

Affected by the Spring Festival, China Unicom version and the mobile version of the version update program are affected. To give you an updated version of the plan to have a detailed understanding now Unicom version and the mobile version of the later version of the update program announcement for everyone:

Mobile:

A mobile version of the official version (single desktop) 4.2, the original plan by the end of February hair, now adjusted to the March 10, after this release, version 4.2 will be adjusted from time to time to update;
2, the mobile version of COOLUI 6.0 4.4 public beta primitive planned February 24 release, now adjusted to March 3 issued, delayed a week;
3, the mobile version COOLUI6.0 official version 4.4 will be released by the end of March;

Unicom version:
1, China Unicom version of the official version 4.2 update suspended until after the mobile version 4.2 (single desktop) release, based on feedback from customers, and then decide whether to integrate single Unicom version of the desktop;
2, China Unicom version of the beta version and the official version of the stop 4.4_COOLUI 5.7 update, in accordance with the previously announced time directly on COOlUI6.0;
3,4.4_COOLUI6.0 planned April 30 release, according to the progress of the current version of that, this version has a press conference in advance, but is currently unable to determine the specific time.

Guest slime00

it seems we have found the "4.4.4" rom http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=585750&view=findpost&p=37885782
there is a post down which says it's a 4.4.2, and i believe it. Seems that cubot faked it in their release and everyone else porting the rom went with what they said. Nevertheless, the rom seems very good and battery life seems amazing, even if I'm on the first charge after the flash and it's early to say. Everything I tested seems working (but didn't try GPS and BT yet) after the small fixes I stated in the post. Notification menu is a bit ugly and i switched off lockscreen because cannot be customized (i think it can be replaced without problems), but I believe it's a nice alternative to other AOSPs

Edited by slime00

Guest xeros2

Sorry for OT, but has anyone found any way to tweak volume levels on CoolUI 4.2.2? It seems that trying to change volume levels using MTKTweak or any equalizers/boosters do not make any effect on volumes (althrough they worked fine on both 4.2.2 & 4.4.2 AOSPs).

Now I have bought earphones which sound is too low (was almost fine on previous ones) so I thought about tweaking sound and got a problem above.

Guest mindtrapper

i agree.Also the capasitive buttons vibration is too strong,it would be cool if we could lower that down.Also this behavior is present on most of our roms,maybe the vibration adjustment is on the kernel

Gravity Box - Navigation Keys - all the way down is vibration something. Put a value like 1,50 and vibration will be gentle. The 1 is the period of time in ms that vib is off (you need to specify this so I put the smallest value possible). The 50 is the period of time in ms that vib is on. Smaller = less time/more gentle, bigger = more time, stronger.

Edited by mindtrapper

Guest Jpower73

You may try this one...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.namelessrom.devicecontrol

Looks promising.. ;)

Edit: vibration adjustment not supported by kernel...

Edited by Jpower73

Guest dakok

Sorry for OT, but has anyone found any way to tweak volume levels on CoolUI 4.2.2? It seems that trying to change volume levels using MTKTweak or any equalizers/boosters do not make any effect on volumes (althrough they worked fine on both 4.2.2 & 4.4.2 AOSPs).

Now I have bought earphones which sound is too low (was almost fine on previous ones) so I thought about tweaking sound and got a problem above.

Viper4android FX - better and louder sound