Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

I tried briefly yesterday's version and it seemed very good and without major flaws (even if it didn't had italian :P ), right now I don't remember if 4.2.2 miui supported natively or not the automatic power on/off, but this kk version doesn't seem to have it.

I'm on Hive repack by unix_bosnia and, outside of the sms with Imei sent to xolo we all know (which I paid 30€cents), the work done by manish and then unix is very good. now very snappy and good battery life.
I think I'll stick with this for some time, unless ColorOS shows to be really worthy!

Edited by slime00

Guest 77chedu

I tried briefly yesterday's version and it seemed very good and without major flaws (even if it didn't had italian :P ), right now I don't remember if 4.2.2 miui supported natively or not the automatic power on/off, but this kk version doesn't seem to have it.

I'm on Hive repack by unix_bosnia and, outside of the sms with Imei sent to xolo we all know (which I paid 30€cents), the work done by manish and then unix is very good. now very snappy and good battery life.

I think I'll stick with this for some time, unless ColorOS shows to be really worthy!

Does led notifications work for you? I flashed it briefly and it didn't seem to work

It would be nice if the themes that are already preinstalled, could be applied directly from settings and not from Edge -which it's a downside if you install unix_bosnia repack-

Guest slime00

the led doesn't work if you don't enable led blinker pro (included in the release), but after enabling it and setting the apps you want to enable the led to, it's perfect (with previous version I had the problem of the "stuck" led always on when a notification arrived) and you can choose all the color you want for every kind of notification.
yes, edge app it's removed and in settings the option force-closes, I think the only option to change the themes is to reinstall it back from manish' version. Being a "lite" repack, most of "surplus" things are removed.

Edited by slime00

Guest 77chedu

the led doesn't work if you don't enable led blinker pro (included in the release), but after enabling it and setting the apps you want to enable the led to, it's perfect (with previous version I had the problem of the "stuck" led always on when a notification arrived) and you can choose all the color you want for every kind of notification.

yes, edge app it's removed and in settings the option force-closes, I think the only option to change the themes is to reinstall it back from manish' version.

Yep, I pushed back all the xolo apps from m@nish rom, and then freezed them.

Ok, on the previous version I used Light manager. Does it have 7 leds? Because I ran led test and didn't show anything

Edited by 77chedu

Guest slime00

you have to switch off the screen in order to see the lights in test mode. I also wasn't aware of that and thought the app wasn't working, so I flashed the 7 colors led patch and things stayed the same. when I switched off the screen, the lights were properly blinking. if the 7 colors don't work, try the led patch and they will.

Guest h3dshot

So far so good, miui 6 smooth fast and decent battery life.

Tested and working:

Torch

GPS

Whatsapp

Video

SMS

YouTube

Root is working (through security app)

Had to remap home menu and back buttons, but working as wanted

Alarm works

Anything else anyone needs testing?

Guest korekore1

So far so good, miui 6 smooth fast and decent battery life.

Tested and working:

Torch

GPS

Whatsapp

Video

SMS

YouTube

Root is working (through security app)

Had to remap home menu and back buttons, but working as wanted

Alarm works

Anything else anyone needs testing?

how about performance?any lag/frame drops?

3g on both cards?

Edited by korekore1

Guest h3dshot

post-622053-14270332529985_thumb.png

Here's a benchmark.

The volume seems lower than usual, its quieter than I'd like.

I only have one sim card so can't test for double 3g, and performance wise its fine for me (I don't play games so don't know if fps drops midgame)

Only bad thing other than the volume, is minor. (Looks like translation is missing on the recent apparently screen, but still easy to judge how much free ram is left)

Guest Jpower73

Color is 2.1kitkat based by RMG

Thread link-http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-533312-1-1.html

Download-http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd1VCSr

No partition required.

Nice ui

Many features

Njy

known BUG: 

own weather can not automatically locate 

the photo that comes with the camera can only be stored to an external SD card 

that comes with the highest pixel camera option is only 800W 

over BUG temporarily resolved by the third-party software the next version of the repair! 

PS: on the phone display -ColorOS version 1.0.0, which was originally 2.0.1i, I do not know why become 1.0.0, this need not care about it!

Guest razorinc

I tried this new version of color os and I am not satisfied, it is a bit laggy ( previous I had installed miui and vibe os from mickvip)...