Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

You can see it says P5000. This is probably a port from the CM build for Elephone P5000, which has some basic hardware similarities to F1. How did P5000 get CM? Quote Gizchina:

"Elephone are really embracing the development community that has sprung up around their brand, and thanks to private developer efforts 6 new ROM options will be made available for the Elephone P5000.

Elephone has stressed that these ROMs are fan made  (possibly just to avoid legal action) and will be made available for all Elephone P5000 users to take advantage of very soon. The ROM options include MIUI, Cyanogenmod, EMUI, Touchwhizz, YunOS and stock Android. It appears that each ROM version is built on Android 4.4 Kitkat, but at the current rate of development Lollipop versions should be available soon."

nice info,so elephone released their sources to their community?I hope their hardware for p5000 is close to ours..

ps:i just put elephone first in my next phone list because of that move..!

Edited by korekore1

Guest mickvip

i installed your miui,nice work!What about mitools settings?Aren't they supported by miui v6?

WSM not supported for MIUI V6!!!

BurgerZ  WSM Creator

WSM нестабилен на MIUI v6, ждать обновления (не скажу сколько его ждать). (translate) - WSM is unstable on MIUI v6, wait for the update (I will not say how much it coming).

Guest korekore1

WSM not supported for MIUI V6!!!

BurgerZ  WSM Creator

WSM нестабилен на MIUI v6, ждать обновления (не скажу сколько его ждать). (translate) - WSM is unstable on MIUI v6, wait for the update (I will not say how much it coming).

i see..one more thing.Is there any way for you to optimize gps reception for europe?I find it very hard to lock satellites and stay locked.

Previously when i was with vanilla xtreme the gps would lock in 5 seconds indoors,now with this miui it takes a long time,even with gps fix app running.

I assume that gps settings are still optimized for china,not europe in this miui.I live in Greece and most chinese roms that aren't modified for europe have this gps issue

Edited by korekore1

Guest mickvip

i see..one more thing.Is there any way for you to optimize gps reception for europe?I find it very hard to lock satellites and stay locked.

Previously when i was with vanilla xtreme the gps would lock in 5 seconds indoors,now with this miui it takes a long time,even with gps fix app running.

I assume that gps settings are still optimized for china,not europe in this miui.I live in Greece and most chinese roms that aren't modified for europe have this gps issue

Faster GPS!!! LINK Google Play

Guest h3dshot

im still on miui 6, rock solid and has everything you need for a daily driver.

My only problem is the low speaker sound, even at max volume its pretty quiet. I've installed viper4android and i haven't noticed a difference at all.

any one recommend a way to increase the sound levels?

Guest korekore1

Faster GPS!!! LINK Google Play

yes i have this,but i think it doesn't work with kitkat roms because all this app do is create a new gps.conf file.This worked very good in older versions of android,but kitkat as far as i know don't use gps.conf but another method of locating your nearest servers.

No kitkat rom has gps.conf anymore,this app creates this file in system/etc but i don't think that the system uses or searches there for such a file.

This rom also has trouble getting a fix with gps fix app,that is the only (app) workaround that sometimes works.But today for example i was out for work with the car and when i tried to get back home the phone never managed to lock satellites or even getting a fix from gps.fix app.It was completely dead.It worked when i left for work but when i wanted to drive back it didn't,so that leads to the conclusion that the gps in this rom is completely unreliable.

I know that mediatek is known for bad gps hardware but i think a solution is possible.I don't know how the dev of xtreme vanilla and others did it,but they managed to fix this.I believe that most chinese roms,like miui,emui,vibe,hive etc come prefixed with the optimal servers for china or india,not europe,and if you don't change this before releasing the rom then gps works very badly.I wish i knew what needs to be changed,because apart from that miui is a very beautiful rom.

Edited by korekore1

Guest mindtrapper

yes i have this,but i think it doesn't work with kitkat roms because all this app do is create a new gps.conf file.This worked very good in older versions of android,but kitkat as far as i know don't use gps.conf but another method of locating your nearest servers.

No kitkat rom has gps.conf anymore,this app creates this file in system/etc but i don't think that the system uses or searches there for such a file.

This rom also has trouble getting a fix with gps fix app,that is the only (app) workaround that sometimes works.But today for example i was out for work with the car and when i tried to get back home the phone never managed to lock satellites or even getting a fix from gps.fix app.It was completely dead.It worked when i left for work but when i wanted to drive back it didn't,so that leads to the conclusion that the gps in this rom is completely unreliable.

I know that mediatek is known for bad gps hardware but i think a solution is possible.I don't know how the dev of xtreme vanilla and others did it,but they managed to fix this.I believe that most chinese roms,like miui,emui,vibe,hive etc come prefixed with the optimal servers for china or india,not europe,and if you don't change this before releasing the rom then gps works very badly.I wish i knew what needs to be changed,because apart from that miui is a very beautiful rom.

Try using an app to update the Epo data. Search for "Mt epo gps". This and faster gps as well as playing a bit in ygps with warm,hot,full restart for agps has helped me get gps signal back in roms that had none. Of course restart after using faster gps and mt epo gps.

Guest rista1

NEW!!! MIUI 5.3.27 & OTA

Link NEEDROM

Browser Fix, Battery stastic Fix & Changelog

I'm getting this error after a few days of use :android.procesas.media stop ,and camera and galery dont works. I restart, wipe cache,devilk and nothing changes. Edited by rista1

Guest mixanikosgr

EMUI 3.0 r262

Just cleaned up

Gapps installed

ROOTed

DEODEX

ZIPALIGN

https://yadi.sk/d/_NAi6ZYvfeH2D

First, my congratulations for all your roms!!!

I just downloaded your Emui rom, i did not have time to test it yet. Does it have kangviptools inside? I did not see it in the zip. It is very important for Emui roms, it adds very helpful features.

Is it build upon the Emui 3.0 B262 by Fireteam? (link here 1st post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373519-rom-442-emotion-ui-23-30-huawei-ui/ )

Guest korekore1

Any use? (I know it's for a different MTK SoC but maybe it's still relevant?)

http://vondroid.com/threads/gps-fix-for-chinese-smartphones-without-epo-and-agps.23995/

Edit: just noticed the one mention of KK in that link which suggests that maybe it's NOT necessarily the solution....? :(

he is using ics or jellybean,because his rom already has a gps.conf file.So the method is not applicable,i've seen it before.Some of the gps options he is using are removed from kitkat

Guest mickvip

First, my congratulations for all your roms!!!

I just downloaded your Emui rom, i did not have time to test it yet. Does it have kangviptools inside? I did not see it in the zip. It is very important for Emui roms, it adds very helpful features.

Is it build upon the Emui 3.0 B262 by Fireteam? (link here 1st post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373519-rom-442-emotion-ui-23-30-huawei-ui/ )

I was asked to make a stable firmware EMUI. Currently working on the second version - ODEX and Sound patch.Then we will see exactly the difference with the firmware from the lazy Chinese team of FIRE.

https://yadi.sk/d/TbdoLOigffhjs Some BUG with Gapps. Manually enable synchronization.

Edited by mickvip

Guest mixanikosgr

I was asked to make a stable firmware EMUI. Currently working on the second version - ODEX and Sound patch.Then we will see exactly the difference with the firmware from the lazy Chinese team of FIRE.

https://yadi.sk/d/TbdoLOigffhjs Some BUG with Gapps. Manually enable synchronization.

Keep up the good work!!! I think your Emui rom will be the best!!!

About kangviptools, it is an advanced settings menu, as in the pictures below: (not all enui roms have it , but it is very useful)

34erek3.pnge0hk6f.png

2cpsxlj.pngqnqzas.png

Which version should i test 1-4-15?

Edited by mixanikosgr