Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dakok

Damn, it seems that we have a Micromax A310 clone phone!!!  :blink:

COLOR OS 2 ROM FOR NITRO A310/A311, CLONE DEVICE (HIMAX POLYMER ,COOLPAD F1)

:D

Guest 77chedu

Damn, it seems that we have a Micromax A310 clone phone!!!  :blink:

:D

Lol, or an himax, they're mentioning Lan Gooner, so it would probably be a mod of Lan's

@spland, is this yours?

Guest spland

Lol, or an himax, they're mentioning Lan Gooner, so it would probably be a mod of Lan's

@spland, is this yours?

I have repack color os 2.0.1 from usermau to my polymer octa, still have bugs, radio can't save chanel, stock file manager fc when paste, n kamera fc when taking video but u can use 3rd party app

Guest spland

This is color os for himax polymer octahttp://www.4shared.com/zip/jn3TgFSEce/POLYMER_COLOROS_signed_042915_.html

default storage to sdcard

Reboot n power off please using quick boot ( don't use power button, if use power button phone just only stanby, maybe someone can fix it)

File manager fc when paste (use other file manager)

Radio can't save chanel

Camera fc when taking video (use other camera apps)

Other work fine on my polymer octa

I'm using philz thouch recovery

DWYOR

Guest 77chedu

I have repack color os 2.0.1 from usermau to my polymer octa, still have bugs, radio can't save chanel, stock file manager fc when paste, n kamera fc when taking video but u can use 3rd party app

A quick look using beyond compare, and the one from xda looks exactly like yours with a different camera

Guest markos17

Quick question, which roms are the best in these days? Few months ago I installed Manucat and I'm very happy. I want to refresh system and I Consider two:

- manucat (http://www.modaco.com/topic/374138-rom442-aosp-by-maucat/)

- A310 v3 mod by 77chedu (http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-9#entry2257054)

In manucat topic, people compalined a little bit lately. What do You suggest? Maybe sth different?

Guest dakok

The hardest part of changing rom procedure is making a backup.

Then you may prepare 4-5 good looking roms and try them.

Besides those mentioned you may try Material reloaded, Emui 3.0, latest CoolUI 6 or something else

Quick question, which roms are the best in these days? Few months ago I installed Manucat and I'm very happy. I want to refresh system and I Consider two:

- manucat (http://www.modaco.com/topic/374138-rom442-aosp-by-maucat/)

- A310 v3 mod by 77chedu (http://www.modaco.com/topic/374249-rom-442-aosp-nitro-a310-v3-repack/page-9#entry2257054)

In manucat topic, people compalined a little bit lately. What do You suggest? Maybe sth different?

Its Maucat btw.. :D

Guest markos17

Backup is not a problem, the most time consuming process is installing apps. I tried with A310, but Coolpad didn't start up, it hang on the F1 logotype. That's why I installed Maucat and so far, so good :)

btw. do You know, if there is some app, that may install previosly defined set of application from Google Play? :)

Guest 77chedu

Backup is not a problem, the most time consuming process is installing apps. I tried with A310, but Coolpad didn't start up, it hang on the F1 logotype. That's why I installed Maucat and so far, so good :)

btw. do You know, if there is some app, that may install previosly defined set of application from Google Play? :)

My mod didn't install? 

Could you explain a little bit how did you proceed?

I'll reflash it again on my phone, nonetheless, to check it out

Guest markos17

Sasa:

I want clean and fresh version of apps :)

77chedu:

Yes, I tried Your mod. Wipe All, Wipe cache, dalvik, fix permission. then install Your zip and it freezez for 2-3minutes on F1 logo.

I tried once more, the same situation.

Guest 77chedu

Sasa:

I want clean and fresh version of apps :)

77chedu:

Yes, I tried Your mod. Wipe All, Wipe cache, dalvik, fix permission. then install Your zip and it freezez for 2-3minutes on F1 logo.

I tried once more, the same situation.

I've just reflashed it and it installed fine. What recovery did you use? And why you fixed permissions before flashing?

You can create an update.zip with titanium only with the apps (no data), maybe that's what you're looking for

Edited by 77chedu

Guest dakok

markos

It takes me 15-20 minutes to flash most of the apps I use.

Install APK Extractor and save all of the apps you use (it won't help for system apps)

in a map on your SD card

Next time you flash a rom you can install them fresh. It works perfectly!

A310 rom is tested by at least 20 people and nobody reported hanging at F1 logo

You didn't flash it right or something is wrong with your phone :)

- Download zip file (rom) and transfer that to SDcard
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off quick boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for at least 10 seconds or use other technique (or some rebooter)

CWM:

- Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition
- Mounts and storage: Format System, Cache, Data, Go back
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Reboot to system

TWRP (preferable v2.6):

Similar to CWM but wipes go like this:

-Wipe – pull the slider
-Advanced Wipe – select dalvik, system and cache, pull the slider
-Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)

Edited by dakok

Guest 77chedu

I did a patch based on Lan's rom as a possible fix for external storage, because his rom has the storage mount points a la Jonzalvo, which is pretty uncommon on KK roms

https://mega.co.nz/#!IcARCbgC!CIWCnfdLQ3vRz_0yoeiGBzMifJ_vYkpSlcZOHtTq1KU

It might not be a "universal" patch, because it involves, flashing a different kernel, just like RMG's patch on the first page (that one involves framework too, and that could end up in bootloop easily). 

Just have a backup ready, if you want to flash it on other roms. Even if the patch itself doesn't work for a particular rom, the kernel could be used as a model to modify some entries on different kernels ramdisk. That involves a little know how, but it could be useful to make custom kernels for different roms