Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

Any news of 5.x ROM ?

A patch appeared to fix the GPS or something. You can try the rom without problem, just make the backup before and you'll be fine.

Guest 77chedu

I wiped cache, checked APN and everything, but nothing worked :/

Chedu try the rom please (Vale la pena, soy de Yoigo por cierto)

I'm looking at the zip right now. 

I don't know much about actual Lollipop roms, but I think this one might be missing baseband, which is kind of weird. Well, all these roms are weird, half KK, half L, anyway and I don't know much about L roms

Guest tonecas

On the V6.6.1.0.KHDMICF (Download) there are a few non critical bugs : camera focus not working, headphones (when plugged) crash once the settings, led's have to be fixed (easy solution), sip calls don't seem to be working through the default dialer. Besides that it's a pretty nice (and good looking) ROM.

Guest bore89

Hi, one question...is there any way to improve gps signal cause it wonders arround...it's not very precise...

Here's a screenshot of gps test...indoor and outdoor...so it uses 8 satellites..and i dont understand now why do i have a problem with navigations...

Screenshot_2015-08-13-21-05-34.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-08-13-21-23-40.jpeg

Edited by bore89
Adding screenshot

Guest Jpower73

Hi, one question...is there any way to improve gps signal cause it wonders arround...it's not very precise...

Here's a screenshot of gps test...indoor and outdoor...so it uses 8 satellites..and i dont understand now why do i have a problem with navigations...

Use  faster gps, from playstore. Set tbe appropriate region. 

You're done! 

Guest razorinc

What use is that thread?

It seems to be full of gibberish one line replies to the original post - like most Coolpad BBS threads as far as I can see...?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here... 

Are you registered? To see full post you must be registered... It is hard to understand, it is about some method to make gps better...

Guest dalyer

Are you registered? To see full post you must be registered... It is hard to understand, it is about some method to make gps better...

Ah - OK - I wasn't logged in. Sorry about that.

Guest bore89

i hate this chinese forums....impossible to register...registered on qq only...bbs dont know how and tired of trying

In chinese coolpad forum, official post says that they postponed the development of 5.1 rom aka coolui 6 due technical issues with our device.

They said they ll focus on their new products to try to get bigger share of the market.

Also they ended the development of coolui and from now on they ll develop and use a rom called 360 OS.

Check original post here. If i missunderstood something please correct me, cuz i used google translate to understand chinese and the translation is not accurate.

Guest matejsolid

What app can lower even more minimum brightness ? In complete dark,minimal brightness is too bright,I tried lowering using xposed module but it caused weird bug.

Guest bore89

What app can lower even more minimum brightness ? In complete dark,minimal brightness is too bright,I tried lowering using xposed module but it caused weird bug.

app called night mode...works great...

Guest mixanikosgr

Screenshot_2015-08-13-21-05-34.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-08-13-21-23-40.jpeg

You have low gps signal as i see from the numbers.

Try the following to check if it is a matter of faulty settings or it is a faulty GPS antenna in the phone.

Uninstall all apps for faster gps or other gps fix.

Resetting your GPS

You need:Mobileuncletools, ES file explorer (or other with root permissions), GPS test

1. Rename the next files (if they exist, for backup reasons):
/data/misc  mtkgps.dat and EPO.DAT and alsο /system/etc/gps.conf

2. Activate GPS and go to menu(settings) -> location and we choose ''device only'' (GPS signal only, not WiFi,networks etc)
3. reboot
4. Find a good position outside with clear view to the sky (or a balcony)
5. Start Mobile Uncle Tools and go to Engineer Mode->Engineer Mode (MTK)->Location
5.1 go to Location Based Services->AGPS->Enable A-GPS Uncheck it and go back
5.2 go to YGPS wait a few minutes untill you have a GPS Fix (the satellite spots will change color)
6. Go back and close Mobileuncletools

7. Start gpstest and check your location

For emui 3 you will need the EngineerMode.apk . Copy it to system/app and reboot.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/92xzv6

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest bore89

Try the following to check if it is a matter of faulty settings or it is a faulty GPS antenna in the phone.

Resetting your GPS

You need:Mobileuncletools, ES file explorer (or other with root permissions), GPS test

2. Activate GPS and go to menu(settings) -> location and we choose ''device only'' (GPS signal only, not WiFi,networks etc)
3. reboot
5. Start Mobile Uncle Tools and go to Engineer Mode->Engineer Mode (MTK)->Location
5.2 go to YGPS wait a few minutes untill you have a GPS Fix (the satellite spots will change color)

For emui 3 you will need the EngineerMode.apk . Copy it to system/app and reboot.

i am on emui right now..it sounds a bit complicated but ill try

Guest bore89

Resetting your GPS

3. reboot

so i tried ..is this better?

Screenshot_2015-08-16-23-35-05.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-08-16-23-25-59.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-08-16-23-25-19.jpeg