Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dalyer

so i tried ..is this better?

More satellites in view, better signal strength and more accurate location - surely the answer is "yes"?! 

Edited by dalyer

Guest Destiny133

Guys. I need help ASAP. Recently i downloaded latest miui 8.16. i went into TWRP recovery (i was on 2.8.4.0) I made backup of my EmUi. Then i wiped dalvik cache, cache, data and system. Everything went smoothly. I went to install and tried to install (flesh) zip file i diwnloaded. It didnt work. I got error executing updater binary. Since i also had 5.7.31 version of MiUi i tried to install that one. Same problem. I though myb i need to restart my phone. In TWRP there is option called reboot. Since i didnt had OS cause of wipe-ing i selected restart in recovery. Now its just doing this for 1 hour straight

PS: i removed battery. Now I need combination for getting into TWRP. Standard volume down+ power off didnt work. It just starts the phone and stands on boot image. 

PPS: i got the combination volume up + power off

TWRP.jpg

Edited by Destiny133

Guest johnickz

Yes sometimes problem with recoveries. Try philz or CWM (XS cwm should be fine). Please for MIUI, post in the specific thread so we can discuss there!!

Guest 77chedu

That issue with some roms and the TWRP recent versions might be related to the "unmount" command on the updater-script before it formats system.

On 2.7 and prior versions you could get that binary failure if that line is missing, whereas on the 2.8 versions it seems that if the line is present it tends to show that same binary failure, unless you boot into recovery after doing the wipes

In any case I strongly suggest taking a look at the script, befor flashing a zip. It's not neccesary to understand all the instructions, though most are actually self-explanatory

Guest brusss

can you please upload this to Mega, Chrome or something like that..

and its multilanguage?

yes, it is multilanguage

here is a link from where i downloaded this ROM using free download manager at max speed: http://sdl28.yunpan.cn/share.php?method=Share.download&cqid=15dbcb6968a0e6a6d85e2088e1011887&dt=28.eb22d4b99712221253a69c19d7b0902c&e=1440162264&fhash=f5323734e79ea737c7828276956937608b98a519&fname=8297W-V3plus-8.19.zip&fsize=297085013&nid=14399646186124363&st=7eb5ab966633646ae875a0a9b6275225&xqid=584209651

currently i can not upload it.

Guest brusss

i have never run benchmark tests on roms i have tested. the things that interests me are camera, fluidness, gps, and battery life...currently i am testing battery life on this rom. camera is great, gps also, and it is also very fluid and fast.

Guest 77chedu

Do u have any benchmark to compare it with other aosp roms? (same antuntu versions)

It should be on par with other aosp like maucat's. Here's my version, and gets around 32500. It's the inew port. There're several versions out there -maucat's, unix_bosnia-, but the base is the same

Guest bore89

It should be on par with other aosp like maucat's. Here's my version, and gets around 32500. It's the inew port. There're several versions out there -maucat's, unix_bosnia-, but the base is the same

I'm on emui right now..is it worth to change it to that yours?

Guest 77chedu

I don't like emui and that sort of roms for daily use. I prefer aosp-like roms better

But it's not for me to say what rom you should be using. If you're happy with emui, stay with that

Guest Destiny133

And i love EmUi. For me its best rom. Only problem is battery. Its draining too fast. I tested MiUi. Its good but interface is too big. File manager is cr*p. Only thing that is good is battery drain. Its really small

I wish to see EmUi update 4.0

Can someone post me coolui latest version. Im confused by links in this thead. One is lite and one is rooted version

Guest 77chedu

I don't like MIUI either, but emui should be lighter in general. So that battery drain surprises me. EMui is actually pretty modular. You can get rid of a lot of things. If the version you're running has system manager try freezing it or uninstall it, and check if that get's better

None of the links on the first post are the latest COOLUI. Latest one for the W model is 46 (KK) I think

Guest Destiny133

Ohh. How can i get that version. Can you pass me the link i want to try CoolUi's KK android rom. And when the new version gets live. Can i update without going to twrp and flashing rom. 

Also i saw on official EmUi website. That there is version 3.1

Can we expect that version to hit our coolpad f1

Edited by Destiny133