Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest bore89

What I ment was did you try to flash some rom with it?I ask cause I saw some post here that someone got an error while flashing...that's why I'm sceptical

And that link you posted, it says China unicom..so I'm not sure that it's for our version off F1...

Edited by bore89
Edit

Guest Destiny133

What I ment was did you try to flash some rom with it?I ask cause I saw some post here that someone got an error while flashing...that's why I'm sceptical

And that link you posted, it says China unicom..so I'm not sure that it's for our version off F1...

Its working better than 2.8.5
Apperently that is how they call our 8297W

Guest Destiny133

Its working better than 2.8.5 . yes i have flashed 2.8.7 twrp recovery. And i flashed CM 12.1 for testing purposes. Worked fine for me

Apperently that is how they call our 8297W

Guest dalyer

Not sure what you mean?

The device itself doesn't support ANY language.

It's the ROM that determines what languages are supported.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Destiny133

Ohh. And on that website they used some kind of tool on pc to install rom. Can i just do it with my twrp. To install zip

Guys somehow on my EmUi on boot. First its showed that miui logo and then huawey logo. It happend when i tried to install update of miui. How can i remove miui's one and use Emui's one. Tried extracting zip and using boot.img(didnt work) and flashing logo.img in twrp just gave me boot loop.

Guest dalyer

You need to read the first post in this thread.

Most custom ROMs are zips that can be installed by most or all custom recoveries - e.g. CWM, TWRP etc.

But some ROMs - especially original CoolUI ROms for example - are in another format and need to be installed using a specific tool - e.g. CPB format installable using YGDP (Yulong General Download Platform) or CDA (Coolpad Download Assistant). YGDP is probably the best/easiest to use if installing CPB ROMs. The only issue some people have is getting the right drivers.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Destiny133

Well. Can i try over twrp. And if something gets wrong i can easily unbrick it if it gets to that point

Guys what is coolpad dashen f1?!?!

Edited by Destiny133

Guest dalyer

Well. Can i try over twrp. And if something gets wrong i can easily unbrick it if it gets to that point

Try what??! You can't flash a CPB ROM from CWM/TWRP. End of story!

You really should read the first post as all of this is covered already.

Guys what is coolpad dashen f1?!?!

It's the 8297 F1.

It could refer to either the WCDMA version or the TD-SCDMA version depending on the context.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Destiny133

Alright. I read it multiple times I guess ill use that brush tool or whatever its called.

Here it is. http://en.miui.com/download-208.html
Latest version 5.8.16 and uploader X_x

http://www.miui.com/thread-2408209-1-1.html
And here on chinnese official there is big "STOP" and also author X_x sayd we should download 5.8.16 version.

Do you think its like for both versions compatible?

In the title it says - MIUI 7 For Coolpad F1 **(8297_8297W)**

Edited by Destiny133

Guest dalyer

Alright. I read it multiple times I guess ill use that brush tool or whatever its called.

I don't know what you mean by "brush tool".

As I have already said if a ROM is in zip format then almost certainly it's a custom ROM that can be flashed with a custom recovery - CWM, TWRP etc.

Some custom ROMs recommend a specific recovery and/or version to use.

If it's a CPB (and maybe other?) format then it needs to be flashed using CDA or YGDP.

If you use the wrong tool to flash a ROM then it will not work.

Here it is. http://en.miui.com/download-208.html
Latest version 5.8.16 and uploader X_x

Here what is?!?

Check the instructions for flashing this ROM.

And here on chinnese official there is big "STOP" and also author X_x sayd we should download 5.8.16 version.

Do you think its like for both versions compatible?

In the title it says - MIUI 7 For Coolpad F1 **(8297_8297W)**

I don't know.

Usually a ROM has to have different radio (baseband?) files for the different standards (WCDMA versus TD-SCDMA) but maybe some ROMs support both?

If you don't know what you're doing when flashing ROMs then don't do it or you may end up in trouble,

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

As I said - custom ROM ZIP file = use CWM, TWRP (or whatever the ROM installation instructions recommend).

CPB (or maybe some other formats) = use CDA or YGDP.

I don't know if "brush tool" when translated from Chinese to English means one of these specifically or any flashing tool in general.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Destiny133

Pictures from chinese site show same software like on thread :)

PS: miui ROM support both and wcdma and TD-SCDMA. 

Edited by Destiny133

Guest valsam

Help please!

I have tried many roms and found that the best for me is AOSP iNew V3 Plus but there is one big problem with this rom,headset buttons don't work for recieving calls or to skip track or go back track when screen goes black even with third party headset apps,has anyone find a solution for this problem,i go biking every day for hours ad this is vey important to me!

Guest 77chedu

Help please!

I have tried many roms and found that the best for me is AOSP iNew V3 Plus but there is one big problem with this rom,headset buttons don't work for recieving calls or to skip track or go back track when screen goes black even with third party headset apps,has anyone find a solution for this problem,i go biking every day for hours ad this is vey important to me!

I'm not sure on what that function depends and I don't have earphones like that

Which inew port are you using? Although base is the same for the different versions, there're some differences

Would you mind trying something? Rename your current keyguard.apk or move to other folder, just in case you want it back, and flash this one

Guest Destiny133

Which inew port are you using? Although base is the same for the different versions, there're some differences

Would you mind trying something? Rename your current keyguard.apk or move to other folder, just in case you want it back, and flash this one

i think he is using this one http://www.needrom.com/download/aosp-inew-v3-plus/

Guest valsam

I am using this one http://www.needrom.com/download/aosp-inew-v3-plus/ and in the past i used this one also http://www.needrom.com/download/aosp-inew-v3/ and in both the headset buttons (3 button samsung headset from galaxy S3-4)only work volume up and down and start-pause song ,the buttons don't work to receive call not even when the screen is on,after installing third party app like jays headset controller(i have tried them all) the next-previous  song  double-triple click works but stops when screen (locks)turns off,i have tried all the settings in the app menu but nothing!

Guest valsam

Where and how do i find this keygard.apk?

Guest Kurtinaitis

Hi, everybody!

This is my first post here, in Modaco.

I do not speak English well so I apologize if I make many mistakes when writing.

I'm a Coolpad F1 owner so I think this is the correct place. Sometimes I visit this website to find out about our device so I decided to register.

Greetings to all.

Where and how do i find this keygard.apk?

Maybe, link in word "one"?

Edited by Kurtinaitis

Guest Destiny133

Hi, everybody!

This is my first post here, in Modaco.

I do not speak English well so I apologize if I make many mistakes when writing.

I'm a Coolpad F1 owner so I think this is the correct place. Sometimes I visit this website to find out about our device so I decided to register.

Greetings to all.

Welcome.

Could someone give me an link for gapps. I have intalled latest miui v7 - 5.8.22

links on first post doesnt work...