Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest valsam

I'm not sure on what that function depends and I don't have earphones like that

Which inew port are you using? Although base is the same for the different versions, there're some differences

Would you mind trying something? Rename your current keyguard.apk or move to other folder, just in case you want it back, and flash this one

I will give it a try, so if i flash this new keyguard.apk that you gave me and things get worse how can go back to the state i was before,i mean how do i unflash the new keyguard.apk ?

Guest 77chedu

Have a full backup on your recovery ready or just copy your current keyguard.apk somewhere else. If you want it back, just copy it back to system/priv-app.

You can use FX explorer, it will add the right permissions

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx.rr&hl=en

Guest 77chedu

OK, it was worth trying. Now at least you can scroll down from the status bar, because on the inew roms with the default apk you couldn't

If I had one of these I could try a few things myself, but I really don't know what sets external hardware to work properly.

You can try my version which has an updated kernel, but I really don't know if it would make any difference

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByEOR9M5bXAtOUNaU0xsZjlILW8/view

Guest KennyPowers2000

You have low gps signal as i see from the numbers.

Try the following to check if it is a matter of faulty settings or it is a faulty GPS antenna in the phone.

Uninstall all apps for faster gps or other gps fix.

Resetting your GPS

You need:Mobileuncletools, ES file explorer (or other with root permissions), GPS test

1. Rename the next files (if they exist, for backup reasons):
/data/misc  mtkgps.dat and EPO.DAT and alsο /system/etc/gps.conf

2. Activate GPS and go to menu(settings) -> location and we choose ''device only'' (GPS signal only, not WiFi,networks etc)
3. reboot
4. Find a good position outside with clear view to the sky (or a balcony)
5. Start Mobile Uncle Tools and go to Engineer Mode->Engineer Mode (MTK)->Location
5.1 go to Location Based Services->AGPS->Enable A-GPS Uncheck it and go back
5.2 go to YGPS wait a few minutes untill you have a GPS Fix (the satellite spots will change color)
6. Go back and close Mobileuncletools

7. Start gpstest and check your location

I've tried this, but still not a great GPS fix :(

Has anyone tried a GPS antenna fix/mod on this phone? I tried some copper tape stuck on the inside of the plastic cover at the bottom, but no performance difference. That is assuming the GPS chip/antenna are in the bottom of the phone.

The other option would be to dissemble the phone, and solder a DIY antenna extension on.  I have seen other China Phones on youtube with this done, but nothing on the 8297w.

Guest korekore1

I've tried this, but still not a great GPS fix :(

Has anyone tried a GPS antenna fix/mod on this phone? I tried some copper tape stuck on the inside of the plastic cover at the bottom, but no performance difference. That is assuming the GPS chip/antenna are in the bottom of the phone.

The other option would be to dissemble the phone, and solder a DIY antenna extension on.  I have seen other China Phones on youtube with this done, but nothing on the 8297w.

install this : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tisinadev.activegps&hl=en

i use it with maucat's aosp and its the best fix i've tried

Guest KennyPowers2000

I take it back, after walking around outside a bit, it was acquiring a fix a bit quicker than before.

I've come to the conclusion its the cheap GPS chip they've used, so there is a limit to how much more performance can be gained tweaking settings etc.

Perhaps an external Bluetooth GPS antenna could be one solution, although not ideal.

Or a mod to the antenna inside, but that is more risky as could trash the phone.

Guest mixanikosgr

I take it back, after walking around outside a bit, it was acquiring a fix a bit quicker than before.

I've come to the conclusion its the cheap GPS chip they've used, so there is a limit to how much more performance can be gained tweaking settings etc.

Perhaps an external Bluetooth GPS antenna could be one solution, although not ideal.

Or a mod to the antenna inside, but that is more risky as could trash the phone.

We can't do anything more with the GPS reception, it's how well the chip and antenna perform.

Apps for gps don't do anything, apart from consuming battery, by keeping GPS on the whole time, just to give a quicker first fix. They don't improve accuracy.

If you find a antenna mod video, let us know

Guest korekore1

We can't do anything more with the GPS reception, it's how well the chip and antenna perform.

Apps for gps don't do anything, apart from consuming battery, by keeping GPS on the whole time, just to give a quicker first fix. They don't improve accuracy.

If you find a antenna mod video, let us know

try the app i posted,it works way better than the other gps fix apps.

Guest mixanikosgr

New roms by LIUTAO for F1 8297W

Android M style 27.8, xposed framework, gravity box, call flash, Viper4android, smooth and easy

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGnLhWy

screenshot

164621jh4b7f06mi00s00a.png164700t7avvwiadwitrfwu.png164703uuj7dl7lez2ljob5.png

164706z88jol8hch6d783i.png164707jdhk0odrxsx3rdkd.png

The new COOLUI

360os mini 28.8, xposed framework, gravity box, dynamic color, Viper4android

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kT4Ekdx

screenshot

141225v3z57sc6ckzxzkd7.png141223qgcczdun10ckqid8.png141235smplyj9cmb9z98yj.png

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest bore89

New roms by LIUTAO for F1 8297W

Android M style 27.8, xposed framework, gravity box, call flash, Viper4android, smooth and easy

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGnLhWy

screenshot

164621jh4b7f06mi00s00a.png164700t7avvwiadwitrfwu.png164703uuj7dl7lez2ljob5.png

164706z88jol8hch6d783i.png164707jdhk0odrxsx3rdkd.png

The new COOLUI

360os mini 28.8, xposed framework, gravity box, dynamic color, Viper4android

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kT4Ekdx

screenshot

141225v3z57sc6ckzxzkd7.png141223qgcczdun10ckqid8.png141235smplyj9cmb9z98yj.png

are there some other links other than baidu?

I would really love to try these two roms :)

Edited by bore89

Guest mixanikosgr

are there some other links other than baidu?

I would really love to try these two roms :)

I also think they are interesting.

I will upload both to MEGA tonight.

I will update the post with the links

EDIT

uploading only the M since the other is uploaded already

EDIT2

fast link android M 27.8 by Liutao

https://mega.nz/#!IYwjQD6I!Rnud5uuDjEPxDBtKNWS9xlRZfqnW9OGuxGCM2qpiFWI

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest razorinc

If someone has a problem with weird pop up notifications with games, apps suggestions after flashing chinese roms, in my case it was bcs of android service 3.6 app (it needs to be disabled or freezed with titanium)...

Guest firuromania

Thank you, rista1! Os 360 mini is CoolUI with 360 security! Heavily decrapified, only menu in chinese is about phone.Niunai files have some strange names, so I scanned with AVL and ROM was clean of viruses, some minor adwares.It is a keeper with EmUI 3.0 from ATX,everything works as it should,news are classic launcher not ios style and long standby mode.Thank you, Niunai, good work! 

Guest 77chedu

I don't know exactly what are you guys are seeing on that 360 release over a plain stock CoolUI. Maybe I'm missing something, because I cleaned up all Liutao's stuff up before flashing

360 app is on chinese and obviously "heavily decrappified" has different meaning for different people but still, I don't get it

Guest firuromania

Sorry,77chedu,my fault-I mean heavily decrapified by me with Titanium Backup and you are right,it is a Coolpad ROM,but one that works good,battery life is very good using long standby,xposed,gravity,and viper works good.

Guest bore89

Hey,I noticed only one problem on 360 os..my screen never locks by itself...it only lowers the brightness and that's it..stays on all the time untill I lock it myself...in settings all good...