Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

It is.
I will try to explain that on their forum later

I think they are talking about ATX 4.4 release actually.

I posted the download link and description but not the post link since

it is from Anzhi forum that can not be (easily) reached outside of China :)

Edited by dakok

I am testing Baidu v54 for the last few

days anf it looks good.

If you want me to try some app, I could test it.

Opera mini doesn't work.

There were problems with Google Play connecting

but I resolved it by editing Hosts file and

leaving only the first line of code.

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

two-three days later and the phone is terribly laggy with aosp 4.4

it manifests when unlocking, answering calls and all together "waking up" from idle mode. i didn't mes swith cpu or anything, just aosp, gapps and apps, no battery saving mode, nothing. pure aosp. any suggestions? i like 4.4 but i don't like the lag. oh yeah, have they solved adding APNs on atx version? is there a better one?

Yeah. I know the feeling. They remind you that you have a chinese phone :D

BTW, all or 99% of that stuff can be removed or frozen or hidden.

Edited by dakok

Second edition of 4.4 factory rom will be out soon

(google translate):

Coolpad F1 Mobile 4.4 Second Edition, recently to meet with you.
A week, or a lot of bug fixes. After the new version comes out, but please linger ~ 

System: 
  •          After the application is installed to repair the problem can not be used to restart the SD card 
  •          Repair micro-channel applications such issues can not be installed to SD card 
  •          Repair power button + volume key question can not enter Recovery
  •          The problem appears stuck after the repair set wallpaper 
  •          Repair occasional hints 'internal storage space shortage' issue 
  •          Repair pallets and other long press wifi shortcut icon can not pull up the corresponding application problems 

Communications: 
  •          The number of cells to repair the signal display problems 
  •          Repaired ringtones rang only once problems 

Camera: 
         Repaired problem of saving the path for images

Settings: 
         Repaired problem of restoring ringtones after reboot 

As always, the new version temporarily closed until after the formal launch of the update package, and then re-open this post.

test it people!! he says that he hasn't the coolpad right now and he has worked in it...great if i can i'll test it soon but with the weekend...its difficult!! haha

Guest mmbpeople

Hi,

I'm still using the 4.2.015 multilanguage (custom from to2c) with gapps. I noticed chrome was lagging a lot, my phone was always hot while surfing and the battery was draining very fast.

I'm still waiting for a perfect rom, so for now i'm using opera, and it's not lagging anymore. I'm wondering why Chrome behave that way.

BTW, i have a problem with phone numbers. In my country we use 06 xx xx xx xx and 07 xx xx xx xx phone numbers, international code is +33.

When i send a message to a number with 06 xx xx xx xx and i receive an answer from +33 6 xx xx xx xx, it is displayed in an other thread. I know

lot of people have this problem, some tweak framework-res.apk some build.prop other use an other messaging app or change all their number to international format.

Do you know if there is a cleaner way to do that ?

Cheers

Guest pletko

yeah, i changed the rom because all of the miui-based roms have this problem. i don't get it how hard it can be to fix this problem. why did they even mess it up?

another way is using twitch app from the market to re-format all your contacts to +33 6 xxxxx

Guest raulmayus

Well thanks. One thing, S5 camera have a 20mpx camera option, I tried it and took a photo, it's size is 5120x3840 (Not 20mpx, but 16mpx!) in 4:3 also quality of it is much better than other photos wich resolution is 4160x3120. That could mean our camera have 16mpx, I don't know. But the pic speaks for itself.

I've extracted the apk of the camera app from the S5 rom. I haven't received the phone yet so I can't try. I leave here the link to download the apk and try it if you want:

http://goo.gl/yUlG4y

Guest pletko

i don't see anything L about that rom. just pure aosp like the other one. 

incidently, i rebooted my phone yesterday afternoon and the freezing went away. this morning my phone rings and i cannot answer because the damn thing froze again... changing the rom, this is crap

I've extracted the apk of the camera app from the S5 rom. I haven't received the phone yet so I can't try. I leave here the link to download the apk and try it if you want:

http://goo.gl/yUlG4y

Very nice from you but I can't download

anything from that page???