Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest itaysp

In the past week my GPS started to loose fix during navigation. It can't get a locking white driving, and even when I do, it's really inaccurate.

If I test it while standing in one place with "GPS Test", I get good results and accuracy of 4m.

I tried all those guides with the EPO files, hot-full-restart in the Engineering Mode.. nothing helped.

Any suggestions?

Guest itaysp

I used MIUI V5 almost from the first day, and the GPS worked fine..

It started while I was using MIUI and I thought that it might be a ROM issue, so I switch to AOSP lite v1.1 4.4.2, and it happens here too.

It is strange that it happens only while moving. I just got a locking inside my house (6m accuracy )

Edited by itaysp

Guest bore1989

i installed that 4.4 rom (atx version) but 3g doesn't work, even though i added the apn. when selecting the type, there is no radio button or checklist to choose from (default, mms, wap, something else) but you have to TYPE it in. and of course, it doesn't work....

downloading the 4.2 version now.

please report when you have eyes on something stable and fully functional regarding kitkat

I am on 4.4 aosp from needrom site and it works good and it has gapps already installed

Guest xeros2

Clean MIUI5 version 4.8.23 (TD-SCDMA): http://www.miui.com/thread-1640421-1-1.html

MIUI5 + MIUI6 Theme based on version 4.8.23 above (both TD-SCDMA & WCDMA versions, with many changes, like on JasonOS & more): http://www.miui.com/thread-1933655-1-1.html

Features:

1 V15 join MtkTweak latest official version:
* CPU performance freedom of choice
* IO, SD card speed optimization
* IPV4, mobile network speed optimization
* Better memory management
* Kernel adjustment, CFS adjustment
* SWAP memory on the optional expansion
* VM adjustment
* Dalvik virtual machine adjustment
* Touch, UI optimization fluency
* Automatic zipalign optimization APK
* Automatic database optimization
* Improved battery life
* Prevent the system junk files generated
* Boot clear data lag
* A large number of auto-build optimization
(Thanks to the author oyfj / cx9208)

2 Set - Cool set to re-typesetting
Artifact
1) Senior framework
2) Global Settings
3) Green Guardian (dormant artifact, to be opened in wsm in xposed)
Camera
1) Switching the default camera
2) The camera mute
Show
1) Goggles
2) Screen assistant
3) Sidebar (Side fast, convenient and practical)
Sound
1) FX Sound
1) XHiFi Sound
System
1) Timer switch
2) LED Light Set
3) The default memory card
3 Global MIUI6 style theme (thanks Sunny team!)
4 optimized GPS + AGPS, accelerate the positioning speed
5. optimize network and WiFi
6 Forced GPU rendering
7 Optimization EXT4 partitions
8 integrated Bravia_Engine_V3 imaging engine
9 update Host library, block ads + Google Login
10. Add _Fly-On_Mod new optimized:
11 touch effect optimization
12. optimize cpu running
13.zipalign optimize application
14. optimized memory management
15.SQL database optimization
16. optimize battery power
17 degrees to mention memory read 4096
18. reduce dialing time
19. improve the picture quality to 100%
20. optimization window animation optimization
21. improve the quality of pictures and video of
22. improve fluency and reaction slide
After 23 repair call black screen problem
24. fix some application error problem
25. improve the overall touch response
26. unlock FPS, improving 2D / 3D performance
27. system version number is 4.8.23
28. millet app store replaces the most comprehensive database of domestic Baidu Mobile Assistant
29 In order to produce power ROMER please support: Join several sponsors software, please open the link about the network is active, not like you can delete it! (Baidu guards, pea pods)

Brand new CWM recovery v 6.0.5.0 by XS   :D

CWM_Coolpad_F1_6050_by_XS.png

Download

I tested it and the source is reliable.

Rename the file to recovery.img and install it through MobileUncle Tool, as usual...

If you don't want to mess with MobileUncle here's another option:

Install Flash Recovery apk (root required) and choose second line in Chinese with v6.0.5.0 20140816

First line is for Chinese custom recovery

Second line is for English custom recovery

Edited by dakok

Guest cybernetic87

Hello all :) I've been reading this forum since 2 years (I had ZTE Skate back then) finally I registered :) Now I have Coolpad F1 for 2 months now.

@dakok why anybody would use CWM Recovery when TWRP is much, much better and friendlier to use, I imagine that the only situation when I would use CWM would be when I had my touch screen broken :)

I am currently using that needrom 4.4 newest version, so far I didnt's see any bugs, 48hrs on this rom atm. But i think that art isn't working, art or dalvik its still 27,5k in Antutu, whenever CPU power saving is on or off, always same score, 27,5k. The only difference in performance at first glance is that the score is stable... not 25-26-27k as on AOSP/MIUI but always 27,5k :) battery life is nicer than jonzalvo AOSP -  for sure, and this rom is the only one which I found so far which doesn't turn on gps automatically when 3G transmission is on, that happened to me on AOSP and MIUI.

Hi cybernetic87!

Good thing about this CWM is that it made you register at modaco :D

There is some other stuff to it, too.

For example, I had cwm bootloop when flashing MIUI rom on ZTE v987

When changed to newer cwm release, problem disappeared.

So, when you have problems while flashing roms, a new cwm release can be handy sometimes.

BTW, i installed it through Flash Recovery apk and it seems OK. Didn't flash anything yet :D

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer

Sorry to repeat my earlier questions but...

Can somebody summarise briefly what AOSPs are available?

I'm aware of the three on needrom - two from jonzalvo and then a KK one.

What is the difference between jonzalvo's AOSP and his "Pure" AOSP?

His AOSP (not "Pure") seems to be the latest one updated - as such is it "better"?

Sorry for all of the questions...  :blush:

Guest slime00

The best (as his author stated a couple of days ago) is the pure 4.2. The kitkat for F1 is still in beta, and so are the roms ported from it! 

Edited by slime00

Guest dalyer

The best (as his author stated a couple of days ago) is the pure 4.2. The kitkat for F1 is still in beta, and so are the roms ported from it! 

Thanks.

But where was that posted - I can't see it here? Was it on the Spanish forums or something?

And does anybody know what the difference is between jonzalvo's AOSP and Pure AOSP?

I've tried to find out here and on the Spanish moviledialsim forum but to no avail.

The non Pure AOSP seems to be more recent so I just wondered if it was "better".

Guest corvettec3

Why I try to install 039 official update but it failed?

I have official 036 coolpad rom and appears message to download 039. 

I rooted phone, I make update recovery ( I tried with TWRP and with CWM) with mobileuncletools and I launch twrp file;in twrp I make backup . After I reboot and I show message of download 039 update. I push ok download but phone launch twrp(or cwm) and I don't show update zip file(039) . So I can't install it.

Why?

Edited by corvettec3

Guest gordito

Why I try to install 039 official update but it failed?

I have official 036 coolpad rom and appears message to download 039. 

I rooted phone, I make update recovery ( I tried with TWRP and with CWM) with mobileuncletools and I launch twrp file;in twrp I make backup . After I reboot and I show message of download 039 update. I push ok download but phone launch twrp(or cwm) and I don't show update zip file(039) . So I can't install it.

Why?

you need stock recovery to make the update.

Hello all :) I've been reading this forum since 2 years (I had ZTE Skate back then) finally I registered :) Now I have Coolpad F1 for 2 months now.

@dakok why anybody would use CWM Recovery when TWRP is much, much better and friendlier to use, I imagine that the only situation when I would use CWM would be when I had my touch screen broken :)

I am currently using that needrom 4.4 newest version, so far I didnt's see any bugs, 48hrs on this rom atm. But i think that art isn't working, art or dalvik its still 27,5k in Antutu, whenever CPU power saving is on or off, always same score, 27,5k. The only difference in performance at first glance is that the score is stable... not 25-26-27k as on AOSP/MIUI but always 27,5k :) battery life is nicer than jonzalvo AOSP -  for sure, and this rom is the only one which I found so far which doesn't turn on gps automatically when 3G transmission is on, that happened to me on AOSP and MIUI.

You use this?

http://www.needrom.com/download/4-4-pure-8297w

or this?

http://www.needrom.com/download/cf1-8297w-kk/

I want try the rom that you are using.

I think that's the first which it's aosp.

You have it rooted?

Edited by SeerJ

Guest cybernetic87

I use this one http://www.needrom.com/download/4-4-pure-8297w/

but after 2 days of usage some bugs appeared, problems with unlocking phone using power key, the screen stays dark, only after few presses it will light up

bugs with proximity sensor, on first day it worked great, now its gone crazy, my phone keeps lighting up and going dark few times every phone call, I accidentaly ended some calls with my face because of this too, this just drives crazy :/

I uninstalled Juice Defender and I hope it was causing all of the bugs, gonna test this rom a bit longer.

And yes I have it rooted, on polish forum I described how to root it, just like the needrom instruction says, flash rom with CWM / TWRP, reboot to system, turn the phone down, go to recovery flash superSU zip, TWRP asked me to fix permissions, did it and after launch system the phone is rooted.

Guest bore1989

I use this one http://www.needrom.com/download/4-4-pure-8297w/

but after 2 days of usage some bugs appeared, problems with unlocking phone using power key, the screen stays dark, only after few presses it will light up

bugs with proximity sensor, on first day it worked great, now its gone crazy, my phone keeps lighting up and going dark few times every phone call, I accidentaly ended some calls with my face because of this too, this just drives crazy :/

I uninstalled Juice Defender and I hope it was causing all of the bugs, gonna test this rom a bit longer.

And yes I have it rooted, on polish forum I described how to root it, just like the needrom instruction says, flash rom with CWM / TWRP, reboot to system, turn the phone down, go to recovery flash superSU zip, TWRP asked me to fix permissions, did it and after launch system the phone is rooted.

I have all that bugs to and the one with unlocking is driving me crazy...i need to reboot my phone after only one day of usage... Waiting for better rom... I see that some version 3 of kk is out...

Guest xeros2

did you check the system at Linux/kernel side when the bugs appeared (after those 2-3 days)?

dmesg, busybox top, free, cat /proc/cpuinfo /proc/swaps ...

I propose to check those via adb and do some things triggering bugs in meantime.

It could be some memory leak or sth.

Edit: btw. does it have Polish language?

Edited by xeros2

Coolpad 8297W factory rom releases
(for USB flashing - needed when having a soft brick)) 

Official Coolpad F1 8297w firmware rom package: 4.2.029.P0.140522.8297W

Official Coolpad F1 8297w firmware rom package: 4.2.020.P0.140409.8297W

Official Coolpad F1 8297w firmware rom package: 4.2.036.P0.140704.8297W

Official Coolpad F1 8297w firmware rom package: 4.2.039.P0.140801.8297W

Source: Anzhi

Just an idea - you might want to rename the file to recovery.img and try again with mobileuncle tool.

P.S.

Third release of 4.4 CoolUI by ATX is out. I will give more details later...

Edited by dakok

[ROM][4.4] Coolpad 8297W CoolUI kitkat_lite_v3_8.27 by ATX

download

You can see it at YDSS, too

Since it is the same rom and YDSS releases it a day after Anzhi

and never mentiones ATX credits, I gues that

Sister_aa is not a real rom author.

Real author is Auditory Hallucinations Storm (what a name! :))

Edited by dakok

Guest corvettec3

Just an idea - you might want to rename the file to recovery.img and try again with mobileuncle tool.

I tried but nothing. Did anyone try to upgrade from 036 to 039?

Guest maraco011

Hi,

My F1 will arrive today.
I  am asking  you experienced users, for a recommendation for a stable
bug-free ROM, to update my original ROM, which is old (from May 2014)?

A link-direction for  the update procedure will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.