Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest raulmayus

Hey, do you know an app which provide a better power saving mode than the one that this mobile provides?

Power saving mode in AOSP Pure 2 jonzalvo's rom almost doesn't save battery.

Thx.

Guest nayparm

Is it just me or do the CoolUi roms not support MS Exchange email accounts? Tried the last official realease and the kitkat one but went back to MIUI to use exchange email. P.S. MIUI has been rock solid on the F1! Much better than my previous Galaxy S2 was.

Edited by nayparm

Guest h3dshot

Is it just me or do the CoolUi roms not support MS Exchange email accounts? Tried the last official realease and the kitkat one but went back to MIUI to use exchange email. P.S. MIUI has been rock solid on the F1! Much better than my previous Galaxy S2 was.

Seconded. I've only had stock rom and MIUI on my F1. No reason to change it :D Can't wait for KK MIUI :)

Guest gordito

Whats the news about the Taiwanese version? Will it have AOSP indeed? Any updates?

I like also the official beta KK versions, i just hate the way they handle multitasking (recents) , its too slow.

And i dont get why they have 'active' and 'historical' tasks.

Other than that, tehy are pretty fast and without problems. At least for me.

Guest gordito

I said that I put this stock recovery twrp.img ( https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6UHZLcFI4WHZvalU&usp=sharing ) on sd card , so I install it with mobileuncletool. But phone don't download update and it launch twrp mode. 

TWRP is NOT stock recovery.

CWM is NOT stock recovery.

Stock means the recovery that was pre-installed on the phone (it's the 'facory' recovery)

TWRP and CWM are CUSTOM recoveries.

Guest st3pb4ck

Hi,

I installed Coolpad8297W_039_Rooted_0826.zip . I had 0813 version.

Well I was not amused. They put in settings ATX application (on chinese), and autostartup application and something other on chinese.

I got trouble with restores from Titanium (had to restart process several time) and at the end when I started LUX my phone got into all blank, just wallpaper, I could not restart / power off. Had to remove battery, and when started again to blank screen, then again remove battery. And then returned to 0813 version.

Also I could not swipe properly in settings/applications, something was trange there.

EDIT: !!!! Please, do you know why on 0813, whe I hit settings/ Data usage , I got forced close (Settings stopped responding, drops me to home screen). did I maybe uninstaled something I didnt have to? Everything els works fine....

Edited by st3pb4ck

I love the slim/lite roms...you don't to unistall nothing and you install all you want.

Someone has happened that in some Kit kat roms, the root privileges when you flash the superuser zip are not full. I was trying to make some things and some things fail and other you can do...I trying to change bootanimation and i can't but i can change sound settings in engineer mode... its very rare, like the root isn't full root. For this and for the bugs from the screen lock/unlock that some roms have... i change to jonzalvo's pure aosp because i'm bored to flash every two days or flash sometimes two times in a day.

Guest corvettec3

TWRP is NOT stock recovery.

CWM is NOT stock recovery.

Stock means the recovery that was pre-installed on the phone (it's the 'facory' recovery)

TWRP and CWM are CUSTOM recoveries.

I made upgrade from 029 to 036 without any problems. So , please tell me  exact instructions to make upgrade 039. Thanks

Guest Robi4ok

Hi everyone!

Two days ago i got a notification from Chinese app that coolpad F2 is realized!

I find some offers in aliexpress. But its almost same as F1 except display size and ROM 16gb instead 8gb.

Edited by Robi4ok

It has something like "super antenna" that should give 30% boost to 2G signal quality.

It has supposedly better camera software

It is 6.3mm thin (not sure about this though)

Back cover has dot texture

New home button design

WCDMA version will be out in October

Cg-4WVP68fGINfy7AAME8oDNES8AAQzVAJbNuwAA

Edited by dakok

Guest petros46

I dont think 2500 battery is bad for the f1.. I've got over 6hrs screen with aosp.. xiaomi is bigger and heavier, and Im realy happy that I choose the coolpad.. Now i dont know the exact specs about the f2, but it looses the great price advantage of the f1..

I say Xiaomi note it's better compared to F2.

the 2500Mah of the battery is the only "problem" that you can find in the F1, even though, i'm very happy with this and generally with the F1, and i am excited waiting for an stable AOSP release of Kit Kat. It smooth and the improvement of the camera...i can't wait haha

Edited by SeerJ

Guest slime00

I don't think making a jump from F1 to F2 will be that much of an improvement... unless you really need 4g (which I don't), the F2 has nothing really to offer at "another level"... maybe i'll throw an eye when the mt6595 will be available, but for at least one year I won't consider moving away from my F1 :D

I don't think making a jump from F1 to F2 will be that much of an improvement... unless you really need 4g (which I don't), the F2 has nothing really to offer at "another level"... maybe i'll throw an eye when the mt6595 will be available, but for at least one year I won't consider moving away from my F1 :D

Yeah!

So, those of you lurking here and thinking of getting yourself a coolpad - wait no more! 

It is about 160 USD now :D

Guest trashbat

It is on the first page.

thanks dakok, something i noticed on my phone is when the screen is black, there is a slight purple mark in the centre. 

Anyone know the possible cause of this?

Guest trashbat

No idea. Mine is black as the moonless cloudy

night.

Do you keep it in your back pocket?

No, I literally just started using it properly, after flashing aosp 2.0.

Attached a picture  so you guys can see what i mean:

edit: also haptic feedback only works when pressing the menu button (aosp 2.0 pure), is this normal?

g8tQdBJ.jpg

Edited by trashbat