Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Arpione

@laek.17: what's up with the contents of /system/xbin in v2? Almost all of those binaries should be symlinks to busybox but they're copies of the busybox binary. Is there a reason for that or it was just a mistake?

Also same question for toolbox and /system/bin  :D

I can see symlinks are created in updater-script, but I'm not sure if it'll overwrite the binaries (and it makes the zip unnecessarily big).

Edited by Arpione

Guest laek.17

@laek.17: what's up with the contents of /system/xbin in v2? Almost all of those binaries should be symlinks to busybox but they're copies of the busybox binary. Is there a reason for that or it was just a mistake?

Also same question for toolbox and /system/bin  :D

I can see symlinks are created in updater-script, but I'm not sure if it'll overwrite the binaries (and it makes the zip unnecessarily big).

It is only a mistake, i extracted the rom from a backup because i delete unintentionally the original zip, then i extracted the rom from a nandroid backup, and there was all binaries that you said, but when I realized I had already uploaded more than 70% of the zip, and i leave it off

Im sorry friend, i have not much time to investigate some bugs, i made it fast because the problem of wifi and 3g signal, and to incluide new kernel, when i have time, i will try to find solution for this errors. Sorry but i don't understand this - try to find why sms don't wake the screen when received (when you disable the window for push messages, the screen stays black). Try the v2, maybe it will solve this bug.

The other 3 bugs i will investigate to solve it.

PD: To download faster, try Internet Download Manager, you will download at maximum velocity.

Thx u so muchhh... still using ur rom anyway..

So so soooo battery efficient.. 9 hours and 6 hours screen on... so far is the best battery save rom...

Phone just died (turn off battery no power lol), im calibrating anyway...

Im using IDM... 436mb (baldos81 rom) takes 3 hours..  :hammer

Your rom is in the list also.. THX Button pressed anyway :D

Edited by yuusuv

Thx u so muchhh... still using ur rom anyway..

So so soooo battery efficient.. 9 hours and 6 hours screen on... so far is the best battery save rom...

Phone just died (turn off battery no power lol), im calibrating anyway...

You're using ver 1 or 2?

Guest anggriawan

17:36:48  CELL0: Software Version:  Assembly - <V3.83Beta_140509_12>

17:36:48  CELL0: Cell 0 USB address is: com14

17:36:48  CELL0: Start Download.

17:36:48  CELL0: Download Started...

17:36:48  CELL0: Downloading CPB:

17:36:48  CELL0: Init Connect Arg.

17:36:48  CELL0: Downlaod DA Start.

17:36:51  CELL0: Downlaod DA Success.

17:36:51  CELL0: This CPB for the Phone don't support Check CID.

17:36:51  CELL0: Verify is Partition be Changed.

17:36:51  CELL0: Partition is not Changed.

17:36:51  CELL0: Get Usb Status Success.

17:36:51  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Start.

17:36:52  CELL0: Read YL-Parames Partition Success.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Start.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Failed.

17:36:52  CELL0: Check YL-Parames Partition Failed, The CPB is not for the Phone.

17:36:52  CELL0: DisConnect.

17:37:12  CELL0: Total download time elapsed: 0 min : 24 sec

17:37:12  CELL0: Downloading CPB: Failed!

The same thing Borsosg got :(

It seems that there is some difference between Himax Polymer and Coolpad F1

Good news is that this extremely simple tool works for official Coolpad buids in CPB format :D

still fail? i'm so confused :( i try to give all guide but still cant work, i'm so sorry..

have u deleted previous driver before u instal new driver?

have u completed ur system win 7? like instaling all framework for win 7 and c++redistributable 2005-2012?  (( "it may affect" ))

if you want to try once again.. delete all driver coolpad using "revo uninstaller" (i recomended use this tools for deleted all apps or driver computer)

19826573f3ffbcb7ca54c6d7f7a1544fc076bb0e

then, instal again indonesian driver, after install completed, connect usb to phone, then computer will installing driver again, check device manager, when mtp usb has been instaled, unplug usb cable then switch off phone n conect usb , check device manager again, if usb vcom already there.. phone ready to flash..

P.S:

usb vcom detected only about 3-5 seconds after the usb is connected (it will be download mode), before displaying the view fill the battery, so you should prepare the device manager window before connecting the USB cable..

i hope that will work!!

Many thanks for your efforts, but I think this is not driver related.

I flashed Coolpad stock rom 4.2.036.P0.140704.8297W.CPB through YGDP Tool

Then I did the same procedure with Himax Polymer stock rom 4.4.015.P0.140628.8297W_S10.cpb and failed. Several times.

Check between YL-Parames Partition and PhoneInfo Failed.

Check YL-Parames Partition Failed, The CPB is not for the Phone.

Edited by dakok

Guest laek.17

My v2 Have a problem with notifications via wifi (not wake up the phone), because it enter in deep sleep... i have created a patch that solve it, i will upload now.

Guest jakethedooggg

My v2 Have a problem with notifications via wifi (not wake up the phone), because it enter in deep sleep... i have created a patch that solve it, i will upload now.

Notifications work for me while screen is off and in WiFi, but they doesn't work when screen is ON :(

Guest matejsolid

This v2 is tempting,can you at least with Gravity box reorder the tiles in status bar and other bar ?

Btw.did I read it correct,he got 9hours of screen on while using this rom ? 

Guest laek.17

Notifications work for me while screen is off and in WiFi, but they doesn't work when screen is ON :(

Whatsapp and gmail also?

Now is uploaded, if someone have this problem, the can install it: http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Wifi-notification-fix-F1W.zip (in rom page of needrom you can download too.

Edited by laek.17

Guest jakethedooggg

Whatsapp and gmail also?

Now is uploaded, if someone have this problem, the can install it: http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Wifi-notification-fix-F1W.zip (in rom page of needrom you can download too.

On everything, some apps have LED notification when screen is on. In the other ROM I had notifications while screen is on.

And charging led is always on when screen is off.

Edited by jakethedooggg

040 is officially out at Coolpad website (4.2.2 stock rom in CPB format)

What do you guys think?

Is there a difference between phones that flashed different versions of stock rom 

Let's say, someone started with 015 and used different custom roms later but never flashed another stock "over wire"

Others flashed 039 stock rom

Is there a difference in some obscure partition that isn't touched by standard flashing (CWM/TWRP)

I know that it was a case with Huawei G300 :)

Edited by dakok

Guest matejsolid

Gravity box wont work on v2 version ?
I installed previously Xposed Framework,then downloaded Gravity Box apk,enabled in Xposed and rebooted and wont work ! 

Guest Arpione

@laek.17: thank you for your awesome work, after v2 my only problem is that Strava app crashes on login, no matter what I do. I removed it entirely and reinstalled it from the store, but after clicking login it crashes.

Guest matejsolid

It works for me, but the led works bad.

My bad,installed JellyBean version,forgot this is KitKat rom hehe.

Excellent rom,fast smooth and will see battery.

What problem do you have with led,doesnt work when notification comes ? Did you try any app from Google Play to fix or modify ?

What's new in 019 (fourth 4.4 release):

This week the beta version of the update highlights below, is expected to be launched at night OTA upgrade (for 017 full version), will later release the official Brush package.

System:
       Repair superhero, castles and other games hegemony flash back problems
       Repair of third-party application packet can not be stored to an external SD card issue
       Repair tray status bar icon shows the size of the inconsistency issue
       Just insert a card tray does not show another card without card icon
       Repair ringing crescendo failures
       Repair desktop icon occasionally disorder problems

Camera:
       Photographed in different modes to optimize your camera shutter sound switch control
       Optimize camera focusing speed

Audio:
       Optimization problem of uneven volume adjustment

Cool Butler:
       Fixes some third-party applications encryption locks unusual problem
       Repair a key issue unresponsive cleanup

Player:
       Optimizing music, movies refresh mechanism
       In the playback interface exit will restart the music player to play music while repairing problems

Additional information:
1, on 4.4 OTA undetectable update problems
      Reason: If the brush directly from the beta version of 4.2 to 4.4 version cable or phone line connection test
server brush directly to the 4.4 version, the situation 4.4 OTA update will upgrade undetectable presence.
     Solution : Go to "Settings", "application", "System Update", "Clear Data" and then find the desktop "System Update"
icon, click on the "check for updates." Also, users have not cut back to the server as soon as the official cut back the
official server, only the beta version later, there is no longer measured.

2, click the "navigation" will prompt "Application not installed" problem
      The reason : Cool 4.4 system is no longer integrated navigation application, and this application systems
integration remove OTA itself more intractable. So now, just remove the Cool navigation system applications,
but the navigation icon on the desktop and not deleted;
      Solution : just delete the desktop icon.

3, can not enter the rec mode problem            

since the first public beta (013) version can not enter the rec mode, all versions after wire brush 013 version OTA upgrade

can not enter the rec mode. Later versions directly from the 013 line brush, OTA ​​upgrade does not have this problem. 

4, breathing light color meanings

Description

Blue light: calls, Missed: QQ and micro-letters when notified
      Green light : unread messages
     Red light : Charging and battery is low
Edited by dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

My bad,installed JellyBean version,forgot this is KitKat rom hehe.

Excellent rom,fast smooth and will see battery.

What problem do you have with led,doesnt work when notification comes ? Did you try any app from Google Play to fix or modify ?

I were using latest KK AOSP rom by hls and the led worked fine! It only works now when the screen is off, also disabling charging led in Gravity Box doesn't work now, neither the charged battery notification.

Guest matejsolid

I were using latest KK AOSP rom by hls and the led worked fine! It only works now when the screen is off, also disabling charging led in Gravity Box doesn't work now, neither the charged battery notification.

I'm sure tomorrow will release fix and adress your problem,I have same problem as I notice,you mean the red colour of led while charging ? If so,I tried also in Gravity Box and no effect.

Did anyone notice dramatically lower sound ? I was using Baidu Repack by dakok and sound was loud and clear compared to this now I was using then 2.1 speakers.

Guest jakethedooggg

I'm sure tomorrow will release fix and adress your problem,I have same problem as I notice,you mean the red colour of led while charging ? If so,I tried also in Gravity Box and no effect.

Did anyone notice dramatically lower sound ? I was using Baidu Repack by dakok and sound was loud and clear compared to this now I was using then 2.1 speakers.

It seems it's a 019 problem! But nothing he can't replace of a 017 rom! fix is there :D

Haven't tried the sound, but i'll go to the engineer settings if something. After all of that, this is the best rom I tried. :)

Guys, finally fixed battery charging animation and replaced mtktweak with one traduced.

Tomorrow morning I'll upload on needrom

Nice.

One Polish forum there was a comment for your v2 about poor sound volume and walkman app not working/crashing.

Can anyone confirm that?

Btw. guys, when you comment each ROM please provide info which one you are refering to.

When you read whole thread it's not big problem to guess which one are you talking about, but after few posts it's getting more difficult.

As I see now here are two good competetive v2 ROMs based on 4.4.2.017 or 4.4.2.019(?) - from laek.17 & baldos81.

Any naming convention proposal?

Edited by xeros2