Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Mr.Markos

Lenovo a806 is more expencive ~35 USD

It has 1 SIM card and it's not tested by comunity yet.

I'm sorry you're right, I didn't notice banggood changed the value back to euro instead of dollar

Guest slime00

this official rom must be very bad..!In the video he talks about lag on games and 1,3-1.4gb of ram used by the system,leaving you with 600mb of free ram for the rest of your apps!Lets stay away from this rom!

The good news is that he said the phone does support otg!

edit:probably not..!

no, otg doesn't work, but rom for sure can be optimized... it's an official release, for sure a good base for modding!

yuusuv, it's not a bug, it's a feature :-)

It's normal that unused cores are being stopped.

If there wouldn't be such feature then the battery wouldn't last more than few hours (even if phone wouldn't be used).

Not always - it depends on tasks that are running on each core and presentation by monitoring applications.

It's not efficient to do move running threads to lower numbered cores just because they are free.

I have mentioned presentation of monitoring applications as some apps can ignore which core is which just sorting by core usage - this could make feeling that threads & cores usage are like dakok said, but in reality they are not.

Hello,

I tried yesterday to put Baidu v54 ROM on my device but I had one wierd problem. Well.. When I put new rom on the device its okay, but after putting gapps on the device it starts to break when I reboot the phone. In this moment when it should recognize SIM card it says: Slot 2: No SIM card detected and it shows again intro picture ( like its rebooting again ). I can rapidly turn on Airplane mode and then its fine cause it doesn't need SIM card again... I played with this till 5 am yesterday and now I got some idea.. maybe its problem with SIM PIN, it never asks me for this, and in this moment when I need to put in, it crashes and shows boot screen.. Whats your opinion for resolving this problem?

Thanks

Hello,

I tried yesterday to put Baidu v54 ROM on my device but I had one wierd problem. Well.. When I put new rom on the device its okay, but after putting gapps on the device it starts to break when I reboot the phone. In this moment when it should recognize SIM card it says: Slot 2: No SIM card detected and it shows again intro picture ( like its rebooting again ). I can rapidly turn on Airplane mode and then its fine cause it doesn't need SIM card again... I played with this till 5 am yesterday and now I got some idea.. maybe its problem with SIM PIN, it never asks me for this, and in this moment when I need to put in, it crashes and shows boot screen.. Whats your opinion for resolving this problem?

Thanks

I suppose you changed the language to english and have a PIN code enabled. The key pad that pops up when it asks for the PIN code is bugged and causes a reboot when the language is set to english. Do a factory reset from TWRP/CWM, reboot, do the initial configuration again and remove the PIN code.

ps: if you used dakok's modded rom that has english enabled by default then you may have to flash a different rom or restore your backup to remove the PIN code (you do have a backup, right? :) )

Edited by Arpione

Today I noticed my screen started flickering wtf ?

Top right corner,weird flickering,no colour changes,just flickering which can not be unnoticed ?

That doesn't sound good. Try to make a screen recording, if you watch it on PC and the flickering is visible then it's caused by software, if not then hardware. You may try to flash a different rom to see if it's still present.

Hello,

Thanks

Take out SIM, put it in another phone and remove SIM pin :D

There is a short warning about this at the first page.

Edited by dakok

I suppose you changed the language to english and have a PIN code enabled. The key pad that pops up when it asks for the PIN code is bugged and causes a reboot when the language is set to english. Do a factory reset from TWRP/CWM, reboot, do the initial configuration again and remove the PIN code.

ps: if you used dakok's modded rom that has english enabled by default then you may have to flash a different rom or restore your backup to remove the PIN code (you do have a backup, right? :) )

Nice, I didn't know that.

I already removed pin code and I will try baidu. It seemed really fast.

Hopefully, no other bugs will come out.

Do Micromax Nitro A310 and Himax Polymer have something in common besides being Coolpad F1 rebrands? :D

Micromax Logo

micromax-logo.png -> This logo looks like from some croatian brand :D

Himax Polymer official wallpaper:

trgtg.jpg

P.S. I added few Baidu Drives with roms and stuff here

This one is fresh and it has a 4.4 F1 wcdma rom from today...

P.P.S.

Slyder and X_s did not release last week MIUI builds yet.

There is no much activity regarding new roms in Chinese forums

I belive that they are waiting for official Coolpad 4.4 release.

And MIUI v6, of course :D

Edited by dakok

Do Micromax Nitro A310 and Himax Polymer have something in common besides being Coolpad F1 rebrands? :D

Micromax Logo

micromax-logo.png -> This logo looks like from some croatian brand :D

Himax Polymer official wallpaper:

trgtg.jpg

I was thinking the same yesterday, It seems they like to throw punches! :D I like more the micromax, since it's left-handed :D

I discovered (maybe) because it's impossible to recover the twrp backup yuusuv posted some days ago, it appears to be corrupted in a file inside the system folder (the "iamcdrom" inside the mobile toolkit folder), so the only thing i could do with that backup is to extract the system folder minus that file, but it is possible to extract (and maybe use to fix 4.4 roms) the full lib, app, bin, data, etc, fonts, framework and some other folders. If you may find it useful, you can download the rar here: https://mega.co.nz/#!58xx2AgI!ElJoiaKf2cExPitUnvTBVqsOiquIi-6l5DdeNgrai78

Edited by slime00

should be, since it pops out when connecting the device to the computer. So I don't think it's so important into building/porting parts of the rom, I assume the core of the system is there!

P.P.S.

Slyder and X_s did not release last week MIUI builds yet.

There is no much activity regarding new roms in Chinese forums

I belive that they are waiting for official Coolpad 4.4 release.

And MIUI v6, of course :D

Yes, as I remember and understood correctly, there was info sometime ago from one of above MIUI developers in one of the last MIUI versions for F1 thread that he's stopping work on MIUI v5 for Coolpad F1 and he might catchup again with v6 sometime later if Android 4.4 will be released.

Guest matejsolid

That doesn't sound good. Try to make a screen recording, if you watch it on PC and the flickering is visible then it's caused by software, if not then hardware. You may try to flash a different rom to see if it's still present.

For some reason,flickering disappeared when I returned to Baidu repack by dakok.

It was only noticeable in app MyFitnessPal.

I tried screen recording and it wasnt present in video.

Anyway,laek.17 notified he would release v2.1 version yesterday and two days almost passed and no info from him.

When can we expect v2.1 version,hopefully as he sad with fixed nofitications and sound issue ! :)

she said today post the link of the v2...

he added the gesture sensing option and he takes so time because his phone lost the imei and he had to flash it

Edited by SeerJ