Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Search on google doesn't hurt - there are printable 1:1 schemas, where you stick your sim card and cut by knife or scissors to the marked areas.

If you will be precise then you may use then rest of the card that you have cut (by knife) as adapter to normal sim (if needed later).

Edited by xeros2

Find some better mobile operator store
and ask them to cut it with a cutter.
Keep the frame just in case you'll need
it again. Don't insert frame in the
empty slot, you won't be able to pull it
out :)

Edited by dakok

Nice Experience till now...not find any bug...

I think it is best ROM for Coolpad F1w...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/?p=2226178

hello jay0ind! :) Do you know if there are any news about the Micromax phone? I wonder if they were able to flash our recoveries and roms like our Indonesian friends!

somewhere I read that Micromax has some kind of partnership with Google for direct updates like the Nexus line for the near future, would be great if thi device fell (or will fall) in this category!

Hi, I have converter the  Himax  Polymer ROM from CPB to zip format, I have installed and it works very good, I'm trying, but is not multilanguaje, i have had to edit partitio layouts because were different... Want someone the zip?

PD: Charging animation (power off) works, not distorsioned.

Edited by laek.17

Guest jakethedooggg

Really, believe me if I say that is the best and more stable I have tested. I'm surprised!!

Oh wow, more than yours?? No way. Improve it a bit and upload it! :D

Oh wow, more than yours?? No way. Improve it a bit and upload it! :D

But have a problem, storage... I will try to fix and then I will upload with updated kernel. Edited by laek.17

I was bored so I made a zip from himax polymer rom too and to my surprise it actually works :D

What I noticed is that the automatic birghtness adjustment is a bit too powerful (screen too dark in low light conditions) and the proximity sensor is even more sensitive than in stock rom (this is a good thing  :)).

I also ran an Antutu v5 benchmark with a total score of 29122, the 3d graphics score was only 5068 which is about 66% of a stock 4.2 rom.

Edited by Arpione

Hi, I have converter the  Himax  Polymer ROM from CPB to zip format, I have installed and it works very good, I'm trying, but is not multilanguaje, i have had to edit partitio layouts because were different... Want someone the zip?

wow, great job man! :D I knew that rom had the biggest potential, finally someone decided to work on it! :D Indian one may still be better since it's more updated, let's hope to see it soon! ;D do you think it's possible to translate it since it's an AOSP? and how did you convert it to zip?

Edited by slime00

My 2 cents about some things:

1) Im using Nilkin hard case.

Its very nice, good grip, nice appearance.

2) I also bought original coolpad f1 flip case. It replaces the back cover.

Makes it slim, but the back camera glass is not protected.

3) I also have this imak flip case. It protects the phone well and its quite stylish.

If you are interested in protection ,get one.

And questions:

1) I have installed CWM 6.0.5 from a chinese apk i found here.

I never managed to restore a backup, always a problem to restore the /data partition.

I also cant install TWRP now, mobileuncletools wont do it. Im definately root.

How can i i nstall a recovery from flashtool?

2) I cant restore apps with data using Rom Toolbox Pro. Apps reinstall fine, but not their data.

I wish i knew why.

Guest korekore1

Indian one may still be better since it's more updated, let's hope to see it soon!

in the videos the indian one is some sort of aosp and the guy that tests it says there was lag especially on games.I don't know if there is an official coolUI one or the aosp was a 3rd party store's specific rom.Apart from that,that indian aosp has the best camera app as i see it!

A question:Does this phone have pink screen so that we can simply push recoveries from the pc?That was the way we replaced recoveries on the Huawei Ideos X5 pro.It needed unlocked bootloader

Edited by korekore1

Guest korekore1

2) I cant restore apps with data using Rom Toolbox Pro. Apps reinstall fine, but not their data.

I wish i knew why.

do you have root?maybe you lost root somehow

And questions:

1) I have installed CWM 6.0.5 from a chinese apk i found here.

I never managed to restore a backup, always a problem to restore the /data partition.

I also cant install TWRP now, mobileuncletools wont do it. Im definately root.

How can i i nstall a recovery from flashtool?

You made a mistake while doing backup and restore procedure in CWM!

You probably make a backup to SD card in CWM 6.0.5.0 which is a mistake.

You should make the backup to External_SD there :)

I tested my CWM 6.0.5.0 backup now (just for you :)) and it restored without a glitch! :)

Edited by dakok

Regarding extraction of rom in CPB format, I found a CPB extraction & merge tool

It may be of use to someone, so here it is.

The name is:

CPB解包打包合并工具

and it is in Chinese (but it looks very simple)

Download

This may be interesting, too

Edited by dakok

Guest albertazzo

hi leak.17, Yes I would like to try it

You made a mistake while doing backup and restore procedure in CWM!

You probably make a backup to SD card in CWM 6.0.5.0 which is a mistake.

You should make the backup to External_SD there :)

I tested my CWM 6.0.5.0 backup now (just for you :)) and it restored without a glitch! :)

Hmmmmm. You are wrong!

I made a backup both on internal and external SD. I tried to restore from both as well.

Both restored but failed to restore /data

I think what is wrong is how rom implements partitions.

I was on baidu when i tried to restore a kitkat aosp.

Maybe if i tried to restore a baidu backup, it would work ok.

Yes, that is interesting. How did you convert it?

That partitioning difference may be the

reason why it wouldn't flash with ygdp tool?

Since laek didn't answer yet I'll do it. Open the CPB with YGDP or CDA, both seem to do the same under the hood. Go to the program's folder and you can find the contents of the CPB extracted in DownFiles as someone mentioned earlier. From there what you'll need are the boot.img, system.img and userdata.img (this was empty in this particular rom). System.img and userdata.img can be unpacked with EXT4 Unpacker. Then I took laek's rom, opened it with AndroidKitchen, swapped out the system folder and boot.img, edited the updater-script, rebuilt it and voila, flashable himax polymer rom :)

The reason it wouldn't flash in YGDP is probably just the model number (8297/8297W/8297W_S10). If you try to open a stock beta kitkat that is for 8297 when you've selected 8297W it'll fail, it probably checks the model number of the phone too before flashing.

If the extractor you linked above works then all you would have to do is extract it, modify the model in PhoneInfo.yl and repack. The low level stuff like EBR1, EBR2, scatter file are identical in himax and coolpad kitkat roms.

Hmmmmm. You are wrong!

I made a backup both on internal and external SD. I tried to restore from both as well.

Both restored but failed to restore /data

I think what is wrong is how rom implements partitions.

I was on baidu when i tried to restore a kitkat aosp.

Maybe if i tried to restore a baidu backup, it would work ok.

Have you tried to wipe /data first? Did it succeed?

I propose to check "su -c dmesg" (running from terminal or adb shell) output for any kernel reported errors (maybe issues with NAND flash or /data filesystem corruption that makes remount R/O when it gets fs/storage errors).

Edited by xeros2