Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Have you tried to wipe /data first? Did it succeed?

I propose to check "dmesg" (running from terminal or adb shell) output for any kernel reported errors (maybe issues with NAND flash or /data filesystem corruption that makes remount R/O when it gets fs/storage errors).

I flashed a factory rom with Flashtool, and from there i installed TWRP from mobileuncletools.

Then i restored succesfully a backup i made 2 weeks ago.

I never had issues with TWRP, only with CWM, who knows why.

Guest Milanche78

I have downloaded the Laek.17 rom ver 2.1 and now i am flasing it , but it says its v2 from 07/09/2014, is it the right 1?

After rebbot the 2nd sim card has a wrong number and it wont change!

Edited by Milanche78

@Gordito

You could flash factory rom with YGDP - it is much easier :)

Regarding that CWM restore - I wonder if there are some differences in partitioning in 4.2 and 4.4 roms???

@Arpione

Thanks for detailed info. It may be too much for me :D

Edited by dakok

Some conclusion guys..
About AOSP ROM... minor and plus...
Laek 2.1 is good.. but partition still something wrong...
and baldos AOSP was the one are very perfect rom for the storage prob..
So..

Try laek build.. its support swap and works..

But not 100% functional like baldos one..

Idk why... but baldos one is the most perfect storage rom.
Thats all.. thanks laek.17 and baldos81.. God Bless you both.. oh yeah.. don't forget dakok.. bless u too man :D

Guest baldos81

Some conclusion guys..

About AOSP ROM... minor and plus...

Laek 2.1 is good.. but partition still something wrong...

and baldos AOSP was the one are very perfect rom for the storage prob..

So..

Try laek build.. its support swap and works..

But not 100% functional like baldos one..

Idk why... but baldos one is the most perfect storage rom.

Thats all.. thanks laek.17 and baldos81.. God Bless you both.. oh yeah.. don't forget dakok.. bless u too man :D

Thank you yuusuv

Guest Mouratti

Hey Guys

Now i have my phone working, and semi tested.

I know that roms is on first page, but im really lost in this.

Can anyone help me to choose a good rom, i have stock rom version 015, i know its on 039.

I was think flash it with this stock but version 039, my main concern is about, gapps and root; do i loose it? And wich differecnces exist in 015 and 039 any bugs?

OR anyone can recomend a good and stable rom?

I need to test and check i know that, but im lost with this rom, any changelog from the stock roms?

All rooms can be flashed with mobile uncle and cvwm?

Thanks and sorry for this dumb questions, but im newbie

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

hello jay0ind! :) Do you know if there are any news about the Micromax phone? I wonder if they were able to flash our recoveries and roms like our Indonesian friends!

somewhere I read that Micromax has some kind of partnership with Google for direct updates like the Nexus line for the near future, would be great if thi device fell (or will fall) in this category!

Hi slime00, This phone not so popular till now...so not heard any news about it...

Many phone available at this price range like Xiaomi Mi3 (it is most popular)...

wow, great job man! :D I knew that rom had the biggest potential, finally someone decided to work on it! :D Indian one may still be better since it's more updated, let's hope to see it soon! ;D do you think it's possible to translate it since it's an AOSP? and how did you convert it to zip?

Yes, that is interesting. How did you convert it?

That partitioning difference may be the

reason why it wouldn't flash with ygdp tool?

I will work with this ROM, I will optimize and fix storage (problem of all stock kitkats roms), I converted it extracting system and the I created an updater script.

Hey Guys

All rooms can be flashed with mobile uncle and cvwm?

Thanks and sorry for this dumb questions, but im newbie

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Okay, here's what I did as I was in the same boat as you. I found the first few pages quite confusing because there is just so much information.

I had to root with vRoot. Made a backup with CWM 6.0.5.0 and then flashed AOSP 4.2.2 by Jonzalvo V2.0 which I got from the Needrom site. That's it.

Very happy with the results so I think it's a good place to start.

Currently I'm following this forum to see how the KitKat ROMs work out and will probably upgrade then.

Edited by dmrtn

Guest Mouratti

Okay, here's what I did as I was in the same boat as you. I found the first few pages quite confusing because there is just so much information.

I had to root with vRoot. Made a backup with CWM 6.0.5.0 and then flashed AOSP 4.2.2 by Jonzalvo which I got from the Needrom site. That's it.

Very happy with the results so I think it's a good place to start.

Currently I'm following this forum to see how the KitKat ROMs work out and will probably upgrade then.

Thanks

I already did that, only the recovery, wich differences can you tell me about that room and stock rom?

I was thinking in this AOSP 

Model Name: Coolpad-8297w Android Version: 4.2 ROM Author: Crayons ROM version number: CM11 1.1

According to reports, Coolpad Great God series will be divided into two-step strategy in the international market:

first move is to enter into emerging international markets, seize the gaps there;

second step is to accumulate more experience in the international mobile market supplier, the United States

and a major push into the mature the European market, in direct competition with Apple, Samsung; mainly stationed

in India, Indonesia, Taiwan and other emerging international markets, to take cooperation with local forms of mobile 

business platform. 

In the Indonesian market, Cool and local mobile supplier brand Himax cooperate in sales of Coolpad F1 WCDMA,

creating 20,000 NTU Coolpad F1 sales Xin records in a minute ; in the Indian market, Coolpad F1 WCDMA achieved

200,000 unit sales; in the Taiwan market, Coolpad F1 achieved 100,000 sales, almost equal share of Xiaomi (in Taiwan). 

According to insiders Coolpad F1 has cumulative orders (in the Asia Pacific region) of more than 1.2 million units so far,

the actual sales hits over 500,000 units, and result in a shortage situation, with sales expected to focus on Coolpad F2 in the

Asia Pacific region, this situation can be eased.

Coolpad vice president Zhu Fanghao said that company established a five-year plan of internationalization for Great God series,

Great God has a growth from 10% to over 30% overall share of the company, half of which comes from overseas markets,

mainly in emerging international markets. Great God will enter the United States and Europe soon and other mature countries,

the mobile phone market mobile operators.

It is reported that the latest Coolpad F2 product also will be on sale in the international market, which is the world's first 4G dual-card

eight-core, 1000 yuan phone, very strong market competitiveness, overseas market price is expected to be about 999-1099 yuan,

the goal will be more than 1 million units in India, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Myanmar and other countries, with

Redmi Note 4G as a competition, the two rivals from the domestic market to the international market.

(google translate with few corrections)

Source

Thanks

I already did that, only the recovery, wich differences can you tell me about that room and stock rom?

I was thinking in this AOSP 

Model Name: Coolpad-8297w Android Version: 4.2 ROM Author: Crayons ROM version number: CM11 1.1

To be honest, I can't really tell you the differences except that there aren't many tweaks or extra stuff in the AOSP. At the stage you're at (which is really not far behind me) I think it's just a matter of picking a stable, recommended ROM from the list that has a good rating and then just trying it out :) It's all about experimentation at this stage. Whatever you choose you can always choose something else tomorrow :)

Having said that I haven't found any issues with Jonzalvos ROM so I can say I like it.

Guest Mouratti

To be honest, I can't really tell you the differences except that there aren't many tweaks or extra stuff in the AOSP. At the stage you're at (which is really not far behind me) I think it's just a matter of picking a stable, recommended ROM from the list that has a good rating and then just trying it out :) It's all about experimentation at this stage. Whatever you choose you can always choose something else tomorrow :)

Having said that I haven't found any issues with Jonzalvos ROM so I can say I like it.

YEs

Only one thing i dont like on this version of your room, is that will be inside sd card.

But thanks i hope some GURU tell one stable and good :)

Thank rom international friends smile00 provide 

maybe they are referring to me? :D I've not provided that rom, only the solution to open it, but thanks anyway :D

Guest mindtrapper

Laek will you do anything about the reported lower 3D graphics performance of this rom, compared to official?

Edited by mindtrapper