Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

I'm curious that we have 4.4 & 4.4.2 versions here or port from Himax is 4.4.2 also?

If that Indian ROM is 4.4 then maybe the focus should be still on 4.4.2 betas from Coolpad?

As I've read in Android changelog, 4.4.1 brough some nice improvements to camera (autofocus, white balance & HDR improvements) & better ART applications compatibility (+ some "bugfixes" of course).

I think it's better to go with a rom developed specifically for our phone like Himax's one  than going for portings and betas, but Micromax is 4.4.2 (as showed in some reviews), so we will have the same 4.4.2 but official! :)

@Mouratti Now I use Laek's 2.1 AOSP, and I'm very satisfied with it. It is very stable, good battery life, everything is working fine, multilingual . You can download it from needrom. Before I tried lot of rom. My favorite was official CoolUi 039, and 040. They are so fast, stable and bugless.

Edited by borsosg

Copy the downloaded rom to SD card, and simply install from CWM or TWRP. Is your phone rooted? It is custom recovery, or factory Chinese? If you haven't custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) you must flash it via mobile uncle tools.

Yes. It is important because before you start the installation you must wipe data / factory reset, wipe system, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache and if you can't install the new rom, you can restore your backup easily.

Edited by borsosg

Guest Mouratti

Where the backup stay? I cant fins it on SD card and IMEI to?

I do a Backup to external SD and not to SD...wich one is the correct one guys?

Edited by Mouratti

Where the backup stay? I cant fins it on SD card and IMEI to?

Backup should be on clockworkmod/backups?

I think the IMEI gets backed up by mobileuncle to an imei dir?

does anyone usess 4.2 android these days ? :D

Until one of the official coolpad AOSPs is fully developed and without bugs (and this may happen very soon), 4.2.2 may still have its adepts :D

Edited by slime00