Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

It means they are following modaco forum :)

It started like this:

Anggriawan write a post about flashing stock AOSP rom for his Hinix phone in CPB format through YGDP Tool.

Slime00 and I went on YDSS forum and told First Job about this.

All_Alone_With made a tutorial for extracting stock Hinix AOSP rom and using other tools to make something usable.

First Job made first flashable rom from stock AOSP yesterday 

and now Vanishing America from Odd Rabbit forum made another one....

Edited by dakok

il lacks a step :D

Slime00 and I went on YDSS forum and told First Job about this.
Slime0 (or smile00, as he is known abroad :D ) in a desperate struggle to find a way to debrick his phone, discovered that cpb roms are stored in YGDP tool folder after unpacking and before flashing them, but didn't know what to do with it (so he debricked the phone with old soda rom, wrote what he found and didn't care about that folder anymore :D )

All_Alone_With find out our topic and made a tutorial for extracting stock Himax AOSP Rom(we already did it in step 2) and using other tools to make something usable.

Edited by slime00

I'm still using miui from emjot. Rock steady, excellent battery life and great performance. Ticks all the boxes

that was really a nice rom, unfortunately emjot sold his phone and it's not updated anymore :(

that was really a nice rom, unfortunately emjot sold his phone and it's not updated anymore :(

Yeah :( but until we get something with KK (preferably MIUI) which is equally stable I'll stick to emjots rom

il lacks a step :D

Slime00 and I went on YDSS forum and told First Job about this.

Slime0 (or smile00, as he is known abroad :D ) in a desperate struggle to find a way to debrick his phone, discovered that cpb roms are stored in YGDP tool folder after unpacking and before flashing them, but didn't know what to do with it (so he debricked the phone with old soda rom, wrote what he found and didn't care about that folder anymore :D )

All_Alone_With find out our topic and made a tutorial for extracting stock Himax AOSP Rom(we already did it in step 2) and using other tools to make something usable.

I didn't know you bricked it.

Why didn't you flash some stock CPB

rom with YGDP? It is much easier than that flash tool you used.

it was a very strange brick (the first one it ever happened to me, and it seemed a very hard one), the phone was totally dead and ygdp and coolpad assistent were of no use (but it turned out to be useful since we discovered how to unpack cpbs). the sp flasher was the only one able to wake the device, I used soda's rom, only selected the scatter file, deselected preloader and left everything else checked, clicked download and volume + with volume - while I was plugging the cable and the rom was perfectly flashed in a couple of minutes. :)

Edited by slime00

good idea :)

Be proud of your phone moment: Iuni u3, the most powerful smartphone coming from china (along with OPO and Mi4) uses an EXMOR IX135 with 13mpx and f/2.0, guess what other smartphone has the same camera? :D

Edited by slime00

I won't work with HIMAX Rom because the release of firmware of new MICROMAX CANVAS A310 is near, i will wait for it, and then i will translate and optimize it if its necessary, now im working with the v2.1 fixing bugs... i have fixed charging animation ;)

I won't work with HIMAX Rom because the release of firmware of new MICROMAX CANVAS A310 is near

Any source? Indonesian rom managed to arrive in our hands after two months of its release!

Guest Milanche78

i am on 39 cool lite and my internet not work, i dont see this yesterday bcz i am home all day on wifi.. dont know why, maybe i uninstall some apk.. so i move on Himax now, hope is good as Dakok telling..

You have to manualy enter settings from your mobile operator.

I have Leak17s rom installed, do I need to install gapps?

Edited by Milanche78

i know Milanche, i do this everytime.. but not work on 039.. i try Himax today, do all the stuff as Dakok tell me but super su dont work, some binary problems.. and i am not so smart, hahah.. flash 041 now.. pretty good..

I flashed official CoolUi 041 via OTA update from 039, but I can not root it....  I tried with the newest Vroot 1.7.9, Genius root, Framaroot, but dosen't work either.

I flashed official CoolUi 041 via OTA update from 039, but I can not root it....  I tried with the newest Vroot 1.7.9, Genius root, Framaroot, but dosen't work either.

Found the same, guess will have to wait for update to root tools

for now all good Gordito.. very fast, uninstall chinese stuff.. i will stay on this rom i think, i have the phone 5 days and i not use them normaly for a hour.. hahah..

yes is a good one.. ;)

If you like CoolUI, flash latest 041 wcdma lite by ATX from today

I am not sure what's the difference between Lite Rooted and Rooted Lite ?? Anyone?

Another thing - Kitkat brought extremely good audio recording.

Poor audio recording was a major disappointment in my Coolpad F1 review.

Now I'm testing it in Himax AOSP rom and recorded sound is P E R F E C T... :D

:)

i flash the first one..

Edited by Guest

ATX version is not "official". Official roms are in CPB format, and them can flash with Coolpad Download Assistant, or YGDB Tool. 

I found a working trick to flash the official rom so that should be installed immediately custom recovery (what you want CWM or TWRP). When you selected the rom file in YGDB Tool before start the flashing method you can change recovery.img between unpacked files of CPB. Then flash the official rom which has been the custom recovery is included. It works I tried it :)

Here is the official 041 CPB download link (from my drive) : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6WGEwRF9XeEdtblE&usp=sharing

PS: some days ago somebody wants the official recovery. I saved it from official 041.