Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

laek.17,

do you plan update of your v2.1 ROM maybe today or tomorrow?

Which fixes / updates will it have?

I'm going to switch to 4.4.2 permamently since today and I thought I'll use your v2.1, but if you plan new version soon then I might wait for it.

I was thinking about not complete kernel recompilation (because it might bring new stability issues or broken support for some hardware parts) but rather to adapt sources to be compatibile with current binary kernels & compile additional kernel modules for it (like support for exfat, ntfs, usb-host/otg(?)+usb devices,...), like I do with many other embedded devices.

Edited by xeros2

OTG is not supported on Coolpad F1 ? Can you enable it via software somehow ? 

If hardware can support it but just kernel doesn't have necessary modules compiled then there is a chance for it.

As I remember most MT6592 phones had OTG function in specs, but didn't have it supported by any ROMs (I have verified that at least on Lenovo & Coolpad there are no usb-host kernel modules compiled to support it).

Guest Mouratti

041 coolui atx, but i think i resolve the problem, download boot manager apk and active this apk to boot with the phone.. for now is working.. :)

Wich rom you are using?

The Aosp leak.17 work great. Try that.

But in whatsup when i try to send a video...they close FC, this is rom or app?

Edited by Mouratti

That Crayons KK AOSP rom is probably multilanguage one.

What confuses me is that it's transplanted from Elephone P8 rom?

I thought it was himax origin...

I removed few china apps in archive, set it to En UI and added android L keyboard

Now flashing, if it's good, expect upload in few hours :D

I added that crazy wallpeper plant, too

It started well - it has a nice 4 bouncing ball animation and there's

language=

en_US,fr_FR,it_IT,es_ES,de_DE,nl_NL,cs_CZ,pl_PL,ja_JP,zh_TW,zh_CN,

ru_RU,ko_KR,nb_NO,es_US,da_DK,el_GR,tr_TR,pt_PT,pt_BR,rm_CH,sv_SE,bg_BG,

ca_ES,en_GB,fi_FI,hi_IN,hr_HR,hu_HU,in_ID,iw_IL,lt_LT,lv_LV,ro_RO,sk_SK,sl_SI,

sr_RS,uk_UA,vi_VN,tl_PH,ar_EG,fa_IR,th_TH,sw_TZ,ms_MY,af_ZA,zu_ZA,am_ET,

km_KH,my_MM,ur_PK,bn_IN

Edited by dakok

based on Android 4.4.2 version 1 native ROM, very smooth (Indonesia 4.4 bottom bag thanks Forums oil supplied) 

this is what is says, not clear but maybe Indonesian rom is used to build this, since also ram usage is similar (always almost 1gb). It seems good, the only thing needed is that sd fixer apk and the patch to flash in recovery, memories are ok then. It also has both kinguser and supersu, you can eliminate the first and root is perfect. 

maybe that's the base (since the final rom is 4.4.2) and he ported the indonesian (kernel, drivers, libraries...) to that rom. Ram usage and Antutu scores are very similar on what showed with himax one. It seems to work well after fixing those small issues