Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest mindtrapper

Is there a link to official stock rom v15 international version? I'm running out of hair. I've searched everywhere (in this very thread also). I flashed and am not fully satisfied with the ROMs I've tried. And since my nanbackup failed to restore...

Took me 5 seconds... :) (But I had this: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4huyVgvdssGMUNQNElsQ2VaMHM&usp=sharing bookmarked, so...)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4huyVgvdssGeDJQZWlhMi1EbHc

Edited by mindtrapper

Now with so many of you reading this topic I suggest some action

Modaco Moderating Team

Let's PM some of these :)

P.S.

What is better - to PM mods or admins?

P.P.S.

I sent three PMs to ones that were last active... :D

BTW, did you know this:

Interest.jpg

Edited by dakok

Guest Milanche78

I am no expert + have no experience with android 4+ roms, so I can not test the roms, I am currently on Laek.17 v3 rom, I think its ok besides i can not put different ring tones for each sim card. Would you suggest another rom, maybe this Jonalvo KK rom, i need the rom to be final, i do not want to flash a new rom every week or so.

With the current rom battery is very good, i its on 51% after 1 day and 18horus, screen on time 4+hours and its on automatic.

Guest mindtrapper

Is there a possibility to be able to hack the led in providing more colors? At first I thought it was hardware fixed to red and green but then roms with blue led came out and I started thinking that maybe there is a chance, since it means the led in the F1 is RGB. Does anyone know if some hex editing and combining of colors (red and blue = purple, green+blue = yellow etc) could provide us with 4-5 colors at least? Red, green, yellow, purple, white, orange seem possible and would be great with an app like LightFlow to have for different kinds of notifications...

Edited by mindtrapper

this is not common glass you are talking about, it's tempered glass (also known as toughened glass), like the one you have in your car... and no, it doesn't shatter easily at all! but you can always try doing these tests with your plastic screen protector if you feel to prove your point! :D

Glass on screen protector has absolutley nothing to do with the one one the car.

And what happens onm the video you show, its not the glass protector that keeps the screen safe, specially a 0.3mm thin one.

Is there a possibility to be able to hack the led in providing more colors? At first I thought it was hardware fixed to red and green but then roms with blue led came out and I started thinking that maybe there is a chance, since it means the led in the F1 is RGB. Does anyone know if some hex editing and combining of colors (red and blue = purple, green+blue = yellow etc) could provide us with 4-5 colors at least? Red, green, yellow, purple, white, orange seem possible and would be great with an app like LightFlow to have for different kinds of notifications...

It is possible at least from shell - I have already tested color combinations: red+blue=purple, green+red=~light yellow, all three~=white. But I haven't tested it in any apps, yet.

dakok, thanks for the link for OTG discussion. I'll think about such powered cable.

Edited by xeros2

Guest mindtrapper

It is possible at least from shell - I have already tested color combinations: red+blue=purple, green+red=~light yellow, all three~=white. But I haven't tested it in any apps, yet.

dakok, thanks for the link for OTG discussion. I'll think about such powered cable.

What should be edited in a 4.2 rom to be able to then use an app like LightFlow to assign colors to apps? Which path is it that contains the settings?

Glass on screen protector has absolutley nothing to do with the one one the car.

And what happens onm the video you show, its not the glass protector that keeps the screen safe, specially a 0.3mm thin one.

and then what is it? and yes, tempered glass in on car's side glasses, you can check it ;)

Edited by slime00

Guest matejsolid

best rom for now is?? :D

I settled for laek.17 v3.

Great battery life,great perfomance and lagg/bug free,no problem of any kind...

Second choice would be Baidu repack by Dakok,also great ROM if you like MIUI style ! ;)

I settled for laek.17 v3.

Great battery life,great perfomance and lagg/bug free,no problem of any kind...

Second choice would be Baidu repack by Dakok,also great ROM if you like MIUI style ! ;)

The same here. laek.17 v3 is looks like ready for everyday use (using it since laek.17 has released it).

Btw. has anyone tested GPS on it?

gps.conf is removed there, but I didn't have opportunity to try GPS on it yet.

Also there are changes in APNs - I don't have data plan to try it.

I'm still thinking about Baidu ROM...

Is v56 still v5 or v6 based on KitKat already?

Guest matejsolid

The same here. laek.17 v3 is looks like ready for everyday use (using it since laek.17 has released it).

Btw. has anyone tested GPS on it?

gps.conf is removed there, but I didn't have opportunity to try GPS on it yet.

Also there are changes in APNs - I don't have data plan to try it.

I'm still thinking about Baidu ROM...

Is v56 still v5 or v6 based on KitKat already?

GPS locks in 5-10 seconds,sometimes even faster,if I'm in rural areas then 10 seconds.

All in all,GPS work good for me,also accuracy is good.

You mean 3G browsing ? I have only one card,3G browsing is great,no problem,I mean works fine,finds more 3G networks than my previous LG 4X...

I hope he'll enable in kernel fast charging and OTG function...