Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest dimondigital

Hi to all!

Did anyone try some of iPhone earphones with "-", "+" volume controls functional? maybe official iPhone buds or some third party (like Urbeats or SoundMAGIC E10M)? Is this device "iPhone compatible"? Regards.

Guest dalyer

A hint:

Tapping on version number in About phone, USB debugging and installing Coolpad driver on PC?

Doh! I hadn't enabled USB debugging...  :blush:

Thanks for that.

Now what's the best way to get the ATX 036 as my several attempts to download directly in Chrome failed miserably...  :(

Guest dalyer

Hi!

I did a nandroid backup with TWRP from virgin official 036 rom. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6MUNHMmZkVUxSNHc&usp=sharing You can copy to your backup directory (SD\TWRP\BACKUPS\0000000000000000\ Make a new directory\), and restore it with TWRP. I don't know that it is works or not with CWM. Try it, and tell me :)

If it dosen't work with CWM, You can download TWRP from my drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6UHZLcFI4WHZvalU&usp=sharing and you can change the recovery with Mobile Uncletools (free in playstore).

regards

If it serves any purpose for somebody to try your backup with CWM then I will do it.

But would you be able to create a single zip with all of the files as I'm accessing the drive in Chrome and select multiple files for download in one go...

Thanks.

Guest dalyer

I uploaded 036 ATX to my Drive. You can download from there fast ;)  . Link:  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B36Ay7pVtck6UE4yNEp1Vmp5OEk&usp=sharing

Great - thanks a lot! :D

Edit: downloaded fine and quickly, installed in CWM and it seems to work fine at a very brief glance. Thanks again. :)

Still quite a bit of Chinese even when language set to English - e.g. notifications etc. - is that to be expected?

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

I'm beginning to think that boring old AOSP might be better suited to my needs than the likes of CoolLife.

At a glance it looks nice but my early impression is that many of the bells and whistles are too gimmicky for my needs.

Maybe I'm just too old and boring... :D

Guest borsosg

So I packed the "virgin" 036 TWRP backup in my shared Drive directrory and added a short readme. Now anybody can download simply in one step.

Guest dakok

Thanks Borsosg!

Don't know about you folks, but I removed this from 036 lite

Anzhi

Baidu

Baidu browser

Bubbles

Magic smoke wallpapers

Phase Beam

Poppular Apps

Tencent News

Icon with Blue shield

Icon with a small "clean" title

Guest borsosg

I didn't try yet the 036 lite by ATX, I plan to try it :). I never remove, I only freeze apps with Titatnium Backup. In the official version I freezed:

Alipay Wallet 8.0.1.0120

Amap 5.0.0.19

Baidu 4.9

CoolStock 3.0.03_ver_2014.03.25_09:19:11

KUWO MUSIC 5.5.9.9ctch1

NetEase News 3.7.6

Popular apps 32.0_VER_2014.05.19_20:19:20

QQBrowser 5.0.0.650

QQ? 4.1.2.953 (blue icon with yellow star)

Sogou Map 4.6.0

Sohu TV 3.3.1

SohuNews 4.1

TTPod 6.4.5

Weibo 4.0.0

and these apps:

post-1042690-0-14580000-1405337893_thumb

Guest dimondigital

Hi to all!

Did anyone try some of iPhone earphones with "-", "+" volume controls functional? maybe official iPhone buds or some third party (like Urbeats or SoundMAGIC E10M)? Is this device "iPhone compatible"? Regards.

Hi again!

I think I've found a good promotion for our phone, as it is OMTP - http://www.ebay.com/itm/201096661141?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT, and with this article - http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Wired-accessories/Compatibility-of-MH1-BL-Livesound-headset-with-the-latest-phones/td-p/283071 - I think it is 100% match for the price... Ordering now...

P.S. another article - http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

Edited by dimondigital

Guest prile

I'm beginning to think that boring old AOSP might be better suited to my needs than the likes of CoolLife.

At a glance it looks nice but my early impression is that many of the bells and whistles are too gimmicky for my needs.

Maybe I'm just too old and boring... :D

I don't think there are many, or I don't know about them, advantages of CoolLife in comparison with AOSP. What's that that is 'boring' in AOSP and what's that cool about CoolLife?

On the other side there are many flaws that I couldn't cross over.

Take a look at my AOSP with apex launcher with custom theme (kitkat style, and some gravitybox tweaks). I also put some pinch, swipe up/down actions in apex and it's fully functional for me.

post-1043043-14053429014229_thumb.jpg

post-1043043-14053429014229_thumb.jpg

post-1043043-14053429237209_thumb.jpg

Edited by prile

Guest dalyer

I don't think there are many, or I don't know about them, advantages of CoolLife in comparison with AOSP. What's that that is 'boring' in AOSP and what's that cool about CoolLife?

I was just being a bit facetious about the reputation that AOSP seems to have as being a bit "boring". :D

I'm back on AOSP and may just stick with it.

What AOSP are you on - jonzalvo's "pure" one from Needrom or something else?

(Or course I still haven't moved my SIM from my Haier W910 to the Coolpad as doing so requires me to pop the micro SIM out of the mini SIM holder and then taping it back if I need to put it back in the Haier... :))

Guest corvettec3

hi, today I've tried to do root following your guide, but vroot says that there was an error. the phone reboots itself and now on coolpad display is written "full restoration" ."A full restore of all data from a connected desktop computer has been requested.Do you want to allow this to happen? .... with 2 options : "Do not restore" and "restore data". What I have to choose? While on my pc on vroot screen there are 2 options: "Manual root" and "Retry". Thanks  

Guest corvettec3

problem installation driver coolpad driver.msi

when I install coolpad driver language is chinese. there are 3 options : II(M) , II(E), II® . what option I must choose? I tried to go to next step with 1st option and when install driver there is an other option to choose to install coolpad driver.msi (maybe ask connection) , I don't know.

pc don't install completely driver pack and when I connect phone to pc with usb, pc ever requires installation driver.

Please write me what I have to do. Thanks 

I have windows xp sp3 32bit

Edited by corvettec3

Guest dakok

Coolpad driver is installed on my PC using the first option.

Every time I connect the phone, installation is started again.

But it doesn't happen very often since I connect the phone thru wifi and ftp client (FileZilla)

Did you check device manager in windows?

Connect your phone to PC and wait a minute.

Can you see this in windows Device Manager:

driver.jpg

If it is there then you have Coolpad driver installed.

Guest corvettec3

Coolpad driver is installed on my PC using the first option.

Every time I connect the phone, installation is started again.

But it doesn't happen very often since I connect the phone thru wifi and ftp client (FileZilla)

Did you check device manager in windows?

Connect your phone to PC and wait a minute.

Can you see this in windows Device Manager:

driver.jpg

If it is there then you have Coolpad driver installed.

I've found only Coolpad MTP Device in Device manager, so I think that drivers aren't installed. Because every time I conect phone to pc, I use the 1st option to install drivers but after some steps, I see an errror message. so where can I find coolpad drivers for Windows Xp? thanks