Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest xeros2

MIUI from LaiLa  is very fast and nice.  Camera is great , but video recording is not -chopping video and in  full-resolution HD  image is blurry 

Thanks for info. Is the same with other camera apps? Would you please benchmark it using Antutu? I'm interrested in both overall, CPU, 3D (& SD R/W but that's useful only if you have fast card) scores.

If you would do it then please also provide info which Antutu version did you use.

Thanks.

Guest slime00

First 4.4.3 rom for Coolpad F1! Crayon's AOSP, I'll try it and open a topic if the rom is worthy!

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-479076-1-1.html

Andrews native 4.4.3 version update, 1300W pixels, smooth 2 Fixed camera imaging problem, full-screen or 4: 3 aspect ratio are all 1300W pixel camera 3 Signal Left, time center, unified white status bar 4 built-ROOT privileges 5. improve the sound quality, adjust the ring small problem

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qW3AJTi Password: 4y8a

Guest rista1

Thanks for info. Is the same with other camera apps? Would you please benchmark it using Antutu? I'm interrested in both overall, CPU, 3D (& SD R/W but that's useful only if you have fast card) scores.

If you would do it then please also provide info which Antutu version did you use.

Thanks.

best  images so far to the stock 041 and k.k .stock.second place is MIUI from LaiLa but there are problems with recordin.My card is a class 10, but since I had to go to work I 'm back for now my beckup .If you do not need video recording is excellent rom.

If someone knows how to port contacts app from Color OS 1.4 to 2.0, please take a look at colorOS topic

(btw, ColorOS 1.4 is odexed and rom zip is protected :))

Guest slime00

deodexing could be done, but the problem is extracting... maybe you should check for an alternative version released by another releaser (ydss ones usually are unprotected). If there aren't any, a version from another rom may work! 

Guest mindtrapper

De-odex the apk after installing the Rom. You can find then in framework folder or something. Shouldn't be any password protection then...

Guest baniko

Is impossible to download GAPPS for KK 442 from the link at the first page.

Any other (working) link?

E D I T :

Ignore the request. Was a problem in my PC.

Edited by baniko

Guest slime00

I just found an EMUI camera+gallery (for 4.2) to replace the stock ones in Jonzalvo's AOSP, which is poor. It seems to give a boost in photo performances, if you want to try it make a backup first and then delete gallery2.apk (and the odex file) from system/app folder and replace it with this, give the right permissions (just look the other files in the folder if you don't know what to give) and reboot.

download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5LJgOGBjYOBNEhlZ0FZaUJfZmc/edit

Sorry martinoff, don't have any of the two right now and my upload speed is awfully slow... you could download it with IDM or from your phone using Loaderdroid (best option for me, it always go at almost the maximum speed and you don't have to transfer your rom since you have it in the phone!)

Edited by slime00

Guest martinoff

with drive u don't need to upload it, just link it ;)

can't download it cause that need login and the page to right moment is not opening at all

Edited by martinoff

Guest slime00

it doesn't need login, but the password that's indicated in the post above, 4y8a
I'll try to understand how this dropbox/drive thing works!

Edited by slime00

I just found an EMUI camera+gallery (for 4.2) to replace the stock ones in Jonzalvo's AOSP, which is poor. It seems to give a boost in photo performances, if you want to try it make a backup first and then delete gallery2.apk (and the odex file) from system/app folder and replace it with this, give the right permissions (just look the other files in the folder if you don't know what to give) and reboot.

download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5LJgOGBjYOBNEhlZ0FZaUJfZmc/edit

Sorry martinoff, don't have any of the two right now and my upload speed is awfully slow... you could download it with IDM or from your phone using Loaderdroid (best option for me, it always go at almost the maximum speed and you don't have to transfer your rom since you have it in the phone!)

Tried that. Didn't seem to have much improvement in quality. Maybe a little bit.

Saved photos to the internal storage, not the sd card and crashed every time I tried to switch to video.

I didn't delete the odex file though, where can I find this?

Guest xeros2

Tried that. Didn't seem to have much improvement in quality. Maybe a little bit.

Saved photos to the internal storage, not the sd card and crashed every time I tried to switch to video.

I didn't delete the odex file though, where can I find this?

/system/app/ApkName.odex ?

Thx. Did you try it already?

Edited by xeros2

Guest Arpione

I just found an EMUI camera+gallery (for 4.2) to replace the stock ones in Jonzalvo's AOSP...

I've been working on the built-in camera app for 2 days now, I raised the quality to the maximum (this was one of the reasons it made poor pictures, the other was the driver which I've already patched) and added all supported resolutions, I'll upload it when I'm finished.

ps: don't ever try to decompile an app and edit the smali code if you want to stay sane :D

Edited by Arpione

Guest slime00

great! :) but what i noticed is that also third-part apps don't perform like they do on CoolUI or ColorOS... I read that those roms have part of the camera settings included in the framework, that's why both couldn't be exported to other roms. Could this be the difference (until now unfixable) between those roms (and their great quality camera apps) and AOSP's?

Guest slime00

I have it right now and the photos improved from the stock jonzalvo's one, but it still lacks some clarity and vividness when comparing photos with Coolui or EmUI (the two best cameras I tried). Tried with Camera fv-5 on all versions, I use to compare them in a mid-dark environment, just to see how the camera behaves in difficult situations. I also believe flash acts differently between roms, that's why photos with AOSP come generally darker than in Coolui or EmUI 

what I can tell you is that, with everything in auto mode, on a photo taken on the same subject in the same conditions and with the same app, the exposition time of cfv5 on AOSP is 1/8, on EMUI 1/17, ISO is 1381 on AOSP and 381 on EmUI. Even with this huge ISO difference, the one with lower values is brighter, and this shouldn't be possible from what i know, that's why I suppose there is something "wrong" with flash!

Edited by slime00

Guest Arpione

Flash has always been problematic but I think there was some improvement in 041. As for the clarity and vividness, after applying the patch I can't see any difference in quality between 2 pictures taken under the same circumstances, although I have the flash turned off on purpose.

I just finished modifying the built-in camera app, it can be downloaded here along with the other patches: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_aXBla2hYeUI5YUk&usp=sharing

Edited by Arpione

Guest razorinc

In my opinion this 4.4.3 it s not worth to install... typical chinese rom with chinese apps, bugs... but I respect every developing no matter is rom bad or good

Guest razorinc

I know that bugs are important fo further developing, but 5 minutes of use was enough to go back on previous rom... I came from nexus aosp, so I could easily see the difference.