Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

I know that bugs are important fo further developing, but 5 minutes of use was enough to go back on previous rom... I came from nexus aosp, so I could easily see the difference.

can you tell us what bugs did you find?

Guest rista1

Flash has always been problematic but I think there was some improvement in 041. As for the clarity and vividness, after applying the patch I can't see any difference in quality between 2 pictures taken under the same circumstances, although I have the flash turned off on purpose.

I just finished modifying the built-in camera app, it can be downloaded here along with the other patches: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/#folders/0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_UXNtX3g0Vk54aUE/0B6ZpvMRRlFJ_aXBla2hYeUI5YUk

in which roms we can use these patches?

Guest slime00

ok, i repacked the 4.4.3 rom, make it multilanguage, have gapps,have init.d,have superSU,remove all chinese things. It is nice, speedy and smooth but

cmon there always is but

it is ram hungry

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ad6444cba113%2FAOSP_4_4_3.zip

Thank you martinoff! Rom was already multilanguage and had supersu, it had some issues with Antutu (couldn't end the test) and yes, the ram consumption was high, I believe it's because it's based on Himax Polymer's version, as you could see in details when you shoot a photo. I really don't know if this high ram usage (on both Himax and Micromax phones) is something done on purpose (maybe it preloads many activities to keep everything smooth and fast, like a pre-buffering), but having 1gb occupied without open apps is weird!

Edited by slime00

Guest martinoff

Thank you martinoff! Rom was already multilanguage and had supersu, it had some issues with Antutu (couldn't end the test) and yes, the ram consumption was high, I believe it's because it's based on Himax Polymer's version, as you could see in details when you shoot a photo. I really don't know if this high ram usage (on both Himax and Micromax phones) is something done on purpose (maybe it preloads many activities to keep everything smooth and fast, like a pre-buffering), but having 1gb occupied without open apps is weird!

oh, i dont even flash it before porting lol

but i saw in the build prop that there was only En/Cn 

it had kinguser (and SuperSU) so i left only supersu

yes, the android system is from 4.4.09 polymax 

Guest slime00

they could at least use the Micromax one which is a 4.4.2 and more updated, they continue using that old and outdated 4.4 version for everything :P

Guest martinoff

they could at least use the Micromax one which is a 4.4.2 and more updated, they continue using that old and outdated 4.4 version for everything :P

give that link to give it a tray mate  :D

tweaks needs to flash??

Yes, but that is original that needs to be translated :)

For those of you liking ColorOS but having a problem with Whatsapp, there is a solution - Disa Messenger has Whatsapp plugin

and it works just fine :)

:D

I knew you would do it!

Many thanks.

I think this is a world premiere :)

If it is not too complicated job I could help with a better translation ?

Saša, you should put it into that zip for flash (replace MtkTweak.apk)

I tested it in ColorOS but it wont work. Only opens and then stalls.

On the other hand, MobileucleTool acts the same so it might be up to ColorOS

Others?

Guest martinoff

It didn't run for me either. Haha I have to test things first

I will look at it later,s sorry for that

Did the Chinese version run ok dakok?

Guest martinoff

for anyone who want to try download apk studio from xda and you will find the menu's xml under the res folder

and i have saw this apk in another rom but don't remember in which :lol:

Edited by martinoff