Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest slime00

Original works fine on 4.4.2 aosp 
Translation does not work.

hello Tiger.sumy, nice to see you here again! :) Are there any news in the russian community? I know you developed a translated Russian coolUI, that's great! Any other projects on the way?

Edited by slime00

Guest tiger.sumy

hello Tiger.sumy, nice to see you here again! :) Are there any news in the russian community? I know you developed a translated Russian coolUI, that's great! Any other projects on the way?

Hi dear. Nice to met you too.
Russian community is looking for the perfect firmware. Now a lot of firmware and modifications. The difference in them is small. Perhaps we will translate the latest firmware for Coolpad. Good luck modaco people .

Guest slime00

slime00

I bought two additional Coolpad F1. Waiting for delivery. Will experiment with firmware :)

great! If you need support or help with testing, here you will find a lot of crazy rom switchers ready to help! :D

Guest corvettec3
Proximity sensor problem jonzalvo pure aosp v2 4.2
when I had the official rom, proximity sensor was ok during calls. 
Now with the jonzalvo pure v2 4.2,  the display is always on (I've also tried to cover the sensor but nothing). Simply display goes on standby after 1 minute.
With mobileuncletools I tried to make calibration but it failed.
How can I set it? Is there an option on android menu?
Or I have to re-install rom?

An interesting post at Ydss forum from First Job (Work First / Liutao)

(googlish, shortened and simplified )

I grew up in the countryside without TV, video games, computer. The pastoral life. I remember as a child,

we went to the field to accompany parents at farm work, running with sister and counting the stars. 

Communication equipment did not exist at that time , we were living a very happy life. 

Now that I have a wife and son, things around are undergoing tremendous changes. Telephone, mobile phone,

computer, wireless networks, etc., fall in the past few years I came around. When I was young, I went to Fengpao.

My parents were very worried about that. But now, I have to worry about children addicted to online games.

In recent years, the village life is better, and everyone lives a prosperous life. Not every family has a computer but

many parents gave their children smart phones. Now smart phones are really too advanced, especially the Coolpad F1.

Well, the screen is clear, long battery life, fast response so the child will not let go of it. 

There is a sharp reaction coming from many villagers recently. It has been decided at the local meeting to make

a move that will turn the children away from local wifi network. Thus, the village advertising wall is replaced by this:

130247pomqmevofcqmmcq8.png

Guest dinoHR

Hi. I flashed the v4 laek.17 ROM and I can't enter recovery. During the boot Red exclamation point occurs and it just boots in the phone. I tried to replace recovery with MobileUncle Tools but still the same. Can someone help

EDIT: Nevermind, solved it. I had to uncheck fast boot option in the Accesibility

Edited by dinoHR

Guest slime00

there is a multilanguage update for that "nexus rom".Didn't try this rom yet, from the screenshots it says it's a 4.4.4., but the author himself states it's a 4.4.2 (in needrom's description). Any infos/impressions/considerations?

4.2.2 Galaxy S5 rom by Crayons (Lzy)

2014-10-7: 

1 based on Android 4.2.2 update GalaxyS5 version transplant, uniform white status bar, gesture sensing, multi-window screen cast

2 fix camera issues, post 1300W pixels, front 500W pixels 

3 amendments storage issues, as well as a full body mount external storage, the default MTP mode connected to a computer problem

4 amendments Home key multi-task can not be displayed 

5 supports multi-window screen set 

6 built-ROOT privileges 
7 amended induction distance calls lead to black The problem 

154352yf2tlq4tqdtx2sd1.jpg

Guest Milanche78

I am still on Baidu 056, no problems so far. A few pics illustrating battery consumption, almost all the time on 2g and WiFi turned off when no use

Edit

Strange, can't send screen shot from The.

Edited by Milanche78

Guest corvettec3

In first page you advice 2 roms: baidu rom (which?) , AOSP4.2.2_Coolpad-8297w.20140830by Lzy  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nthvr65 

Aosp has memories inverted?

2 roms have multilanguage with italian? 

ps. I want to change rom because with jonzalvo pure aosp v2, proximity sensor doesn't work and photocamera is bad.

Edited by corvettec3

Guest mindtrapper

Guys, ever since I got my phone I have used this flip case/battery cover: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orignial-coolpad-f1-8297w-silicone-case/2041770178.html (didn't buy from here, I bought from Eternal Team). Anyway, it's great because it's not a bulky flip case but a battery cover with a flip attached. I also glued a piece of soft white fabric on the top left of the inside side of the flip and now I can use smart covers proximity sensor apps to turn the screen on/off (originally the color is black and it confuses the sensor, it needs a lighter color to reflect the IR).

My problem is that, while it says magnetic, there are no magnets in there, the flip is free to move at will. I really would like it not to open so easily. Does anyone know a similar case (battery flip cover, not bulky flip case) with magnets to hold the flip in place? I don't think I could make this myself because there is really not enough room to work with. One of the magnets would have to be part of the side of the back cover and the other should be sewn into the flip...

Guest Arpione

nice, thanks.

by any chance do you know if there's a way to get it to save to the external sd instead of the internal?

You have to change the default write disk in Settings/Storage to SD card (apps and their data will still be on internal memory).

corvettec3: camera fix is right above your post, but I don't know what causes your sensor problem, all I noticed is that it's less sensitive than in stock rom but it works.

Edited by Arpione

Guest corvettec3

You have to change the default write disk in Settings/Storage to SD card (apps and their data will still be on internal memory).

corvettec3: camera fix is right above your post, but I don't know what causes your sensor problem, all I noticed is that it's less sensitive than in stock rom but it works.

can I install camera and video drivers .zip with cwm for jonzalvo pure aosp v2? and gallery2.apk in which directory?

Edited by corvettec3

Guest Arpione

can I install camera and video drivers .zip with cwm for jonzalvo pure aosp v2? and gallery2.apk in which directory?

I made a separate topic for these because I got tired of explaining to everyone separately, see description and instructions here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/373572-patch-performance-improvement-patches-for-jonzalvos-pure-aosp-20/

I also made a flashable version of the camera app to make things easier :)

Edited by Arpione

sweet! cheers :)

Guest HarlemOrange

After using the stock rom for a long time I now want to switch to a custom ROM.

Which ROM do you guys suggest?

The most important things for me is the ROM is stable and the battery will not drain quickly.

Thanks in advantage.

After using the stock rom for a long time I now want to switch to a custom ROM.

Which ROM do you guys suggest?

The most important things for me is the ROM is stable and the battery will not drain quickly.

Thanks in advantage.

Check out the poll thread. Pretty clear winner so far.

Edited by dmrtn