Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest KennyPowers2000

Just got my 8297W through the post from merimobiles, no customs charges!

Took just over 2 weeks to get here (UK). Luckily I chose Singapore Post as there was a Chinese National Day week, which would have affected China Post.

All came to £110, as I chose a silicone case and screen protector fitted (I always get bubbles when I do it myself)

I haven't use my sim cutter yet, as I want to put a more 'english' rom on it.

What is the best rom with least/no chinese on it? Can you get cyanogenmod or AOSP for it? Also, what is the best way to install CWM these days (I'm on a Linux machine at the moment)

It has the rom with the sailing boat on it at the moment, the about phone menu says android 4.2.2, custom build version 136, if that means anything!

Thanks,

KP

:D

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest Arpione

In short, we found out that pure v2 shows 0% at 3.6v and Micromax at 3.4v. Which would explain the increased battery duration since 1 hour screen on time seems to consume roughly 100mV.

But we are not sure if it's ok for the battery to be discharged to 3.4v. We don't know what the real 0% for the F1 is. Some phones have a cut off at 3.2v and some even lower or higher.

I can think of a way, but I doubt anyone would want to do it. When the phone turns off (from android) we turn it on again but enter recovery. Since recovery doesn't have a cut off, the phone will shut down when the battery is truly dead. So we take it out and measure the volts it has with a polymeter. Anyone brave enough? :)

The circuitry in the battery isolates the cell when the voltage drops below the cutoff voltage to prevent further discharge, which means you probably won't be able to measure anything and it can only be revived by connecting a power source directly to it as dakok mentioned. It's not good for the battery if you squeeze every bit of juice out of it anyway.

Guest slime00

Just got my 8297W through the post from merimobiles, no customs charges!

Took just over 2 weeks to get here (UK). Luckily I chose Singapore Post as there was a Chinese National Day week, which would have affected China Post.

All came to £110, as I chose a silicone case and screen protector fitted (I always get bubbles when I do it myself)

I haven't use my sim cutter yet, as I want to put a more 'english' rom on it.

What is the best rom with least/no chinese on it? Can you get cyanogenmod or AOSP for it? Also, what is the best way to install CWM these days (I'm on a Linux machine at the moment)

It has the rom with the sailing boat on it at the moment, the about phone menu says android 4.2.2, custom build version 136, if that means anything!

Thanks,

KP

:D

on first page you find some useful infos, Jonzalvo's 2.0 is an AOSP and performance-wise is the best rom right now. Arpione made some patches to improve some things about this rom, you find them here in the F1 forum!

what about the last Coolpad's 010? Did someone find some improvements on 3d and sd and/or other things? 

Edited by slime00

Coolpad8297W_4.4_MMX_Micromax_10.13_htfy.zip  

This version , which is?

That is the one mentioned yesterday in this topic.

Chinese CWM v6.0.5.1

and windows CWM & Stock recovery installer

Download - CWM img only

084641dyiswxqqw4xxemip.jpg

You'll have to register for installer :)

I guess installer can be easily converted and translated and used with the known 6.0.5.0 english version

It is an installer that pushes a recovery (selectable: stock or custom) to the phone from windows

*.bat file can be translated (comments in Chinese)

P.S.

It seems that this CWM supports sliding and touch :)

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

New 4.4.3 update by crayons!

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-481954-1-1.html

4.4.3 version 1 on America Lai Shi transplant update, native custom, the ultimate smooth, fresher 

2 full mount built-in storage, the default USB computer connection for data storage 

3 1300W pixels rear camera flash normal, normal breathing lights, flashlights normal 

4 status bar full transparency, support camera to take pictures, gallery browsing, music switching gesture sensing (Settings - gesture sensing, self-open) 

5 built ROOT privileges 

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWz7k2w password: h6ub

Guest slime00

yep! don't know if the USB thing is referred to usb storage mode now working or as mtp fixed as default mode with debug enabled... the first able to try, please let us know your impressions! I can't test it until tomorrow!

Edited by slime00

Guest KennyPowers2000

I can't seem to get vroot to root the phone properly.

I've put the usb into developer usb debugging mode, then run vroot and connected the phone. Vroot detects it, but when I press the green button, it tries then comes up with a message in Chinese!

Any ideas?

You should get a message about root on your phone then. It shows behind some ad screen (as I can remember)...

Any feedback on ATX Micromax AOSP release from yesterday?

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

It seems it has all the known issues of the stock one, hope they continue developing it!

Edited by slime00

Guest jakethedooggg

You should get a message about root on your phone then. It shows behind some ad screen (as I can remember)...

Seems that data doesn't work with it, or at least with me. Needs gapps and the wipe of Chinese apps tho.

Guest KennyPowers2000

Had to do things the awkward way!

Rooted via RootGenius, and CWM via the flashrecovery.apk, as MobileUncle wouldn't do it!

Anyway, managed to install Jonzalvo's 2.0 AOSP rom.

It asked or a launcher, giving 2 options, I chose Nova, but is the other one better?

Jus got to pluck the courage to put my sim in the cheap sim cutter I got off ebay now, wish me luck... 

:unsure:

on first page you find some useful infos, Jonzalvo's 2.0 is an AOSP and performance-wise is the best rom right now. Arpione made some patches to improve some things about this rom, you find them here in the F1 forum!

It asked or a launcher, giving 2 options, I chose Nova, but is the other one better?

Sounds like you installed jonzalvo's AOSP 2.0 and not his "Pure" AOSP 2.0?

AOSP: http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-aosp/

"Pure" AOSP: http://www.needrom.com/download/coolpad-f1-8297w-pure-aosp/

(Don't ask me what the difference between AOSP and "Pure" AOSP is though,,,,).

Note that I think that the poll refers to the "pure" version and Arpione's mods definitely do.

Edited by dalyer

Anyone interested in latest CoolUI 4.2.2 repack (cleaned, EN UI + Gapps)?

:)

Had to do things the awkward way!

Rooted via RootGenius, and CWM via the flashrecovery.apk, as MobileUncle wouldn't do it!

Jus got to pluck the courage to put my sim in the cheap sim cutter I got off ebay now, wish me luck... 

:unsure:

MobileUncle didn't work because you don't have a full root. Find SuperSU (latest release) for flashing (in zip format)

and flash it thru CWM

Edited by dakok

Guest KennyPowers2000

Didn't RootGenius give me full root? It put that Kinguser app on the phone.

I did see the rom with 'Pure' in the title on his NeedROM page, might give that a try I suppose...

Edit: am I supposed to apply those patches at the same time I flash the 'Pure' rom?

Edited by KennyPowers2000

Guest jakethedooggg

I'm downloading 4.4.3 AOSP from "Color Crayon" it's so light, only 319mb I hope it works well until Laek V5 or something better... As Micromax AOSP have that data bug.

Guest siliconarm

Anyone interested in latest CoolUI 4.2.2 repack (cleaned, EN UI + Gapps)?

:)

MobileUncle didn't work because you don't have a full root. Find SuperSU (latest release) for flashing (in zip format)

and flash it thru CWM

Multilang?

Guest korekore1

I'm downloading 4.4.3 AOSP from "Color Crayon" it's so light, only 319mb I hope it works well until Laek V5 or something better... As Micromax AOSP have that data bug.

cool,make a review please!

Micromax doesn't have a data bug,it just doesn't have your provider's apn settings pre-installed.You have to enter apns manually,i'm using it this way some days now and it works without problems

Guest jakethedooggg

cool,make a review please!

Micromax doesn't have a data bug,it just doesn't have your provider's apn settings pre-installed.You have to enter apns manually,i'm using it this way some days now and it works without problems

Thanks I will put them If I re-flash it! At the moment I couldn't flash the 4.4.3 ROM cause TWRP gave me an error, first error mounting /data, and then after recovery restart, an error that it couldn't open /data/media idk maybe I need to format data. Any help? D:

PD: I had the same problem when restoring the backup, at least it worked... :(

Edited by jakethedooggg

Guest Arpione

Edit: am I supposed to apply those patches at the same time I flash the 'Pure' rom?

You can install them anytime you want, inlcuding install time, just make sure you pick the rom first.

jakethedooggg: I had a similar problem with restoring in TWRP 2.7, I installed a stock rom with YGDP and I couldn't restore my backup until I booted the stock rom at least once.

Edited by Arpione

Guest jakethedooggg

@Arpione well I had 2.7 but after wiping with it to install Micromax AOSP, the recovery button changed (???) and now I need to use vol+ also after that I flashed 2.4.4 and then I couldn't recover the backup with 2.7 what a party. I had to restore an old backup to flash 2.7 again. Now I'm using 2.4.4