Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest korekore1

Anyone used the f1 in the US? I'm currently on holiday with a 3G only sim and can only pick up 2g network's.

Do I need to change any settings on the phone?

did you put the sim card in the 3g slot and enabled 3g network?Do you have the 3g F1?There is also a 2g only version!Or maybe the network doesn't support or have strong 3g signal

Guest trashbat

did you put the sim card in the 3g slot and enabled 3g network?Do you have the 3g F1?There is also a 2g only version!Or maybe the network doesn't support or have strong 3g signal

Yeah it is in the 3G slot and works on 3G when I am in the UK fine, however since I arrived in the US my friend on the same network has 3G working fine and I have nothing

Guest korekore1

Yeah it is in the 3G slot and works on 3G when I am in the UK fine, however since I arrived in the US my friend on the same network has 3G working fine and I have nothing

US use some weird bands,maybe the provider is using one that is not supported from the f1

China Unicom operates a 3G network using WCDMA,  the technology used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the US,

China Telecom operates a 3G network using the CDMA2000 (often referred to simply as “CDMA” in the US), used by Verizon and Sprint in the US, 

Edited by dakok

Guest trashbat

China Unicom operates a 3G network using WCDMA,  the technology used by AT&T and T-Mobile in the US,

China Telecom operates a 3G network using the CDMA2000 (often referred to simply as “CDMA” in the US), used by Verizon and Sprint in the US,

Thanks dakok! So should it work on t mobile in the US?

New EMUI release

Download pass: wmqq

New Indonesian AOSP custom release:

204529fjjj0ejf6ti3yenn.jpg

10.24 Update: 

Update the kernel & baseband & drive to the official 032 

Optimize boot speed 
Optimize network signal 
APK memory footprint optimization 

Beautification system global background transparent 
Landscaping transparent notification bar 
Landscaping dialog transparent 

Support switch interface style 
Support turn off the keyboard lights 

Added Meizu Star Wallpaper 
Added the Advanced Settings 

Xposed framework 
Gravity Toolbox 
Gaussian blur notification bar 
Personalized 
Viper Sound 
Goggle 
Interface style 
Camera voice switch 
Applications 
Keyboard light control 
Screen assistant 
Caller flash 
System 
Engineering debug mode

Download

3G/WCDMA patch needed

Guest korekore1

Why don't you click\touch and check to see

that it is a custom release of original ROM

with some fixes and enhancements.

yeah,i know its a custom release,i didn't ask about that.

They will never do that, If they do anything like that they will have to fight with mediateak

Our only hopes are in android one

Edit: and now when I learn my lesson, there will be never another device with MT from me

yeah, but it's worth buggging them over. if anyone can find a working email address

They will never do that, If they do anything like that they will have to fight with mediateak

Our only hopes are in android one

Edit: and now when I learn my lesson, there will be never another device with MT from me

It is not that bad from my point of view. Some of us had Huawei G300 with Qualcomm MSM7227A CPU

and I wasn't thrilled with Huawei's support. They released several releases that were PITA

to get onto phone.

It wasn't easy to root, to fix bootloader and to flash between GB and JB roms. 

Several devs, mostly a smart kid Dazzozo, tried to make a decent CM rom but it never reached the speed and stability of stock GB.

Major problem was Huawei's drivers and complicated Huawei's coding.

So it's not always the chip maker's fault.

Based on my previous experience I prefer mediatek devices much more :D

Edited by dakok

Guest slime00

I've heard people complaining as well of Xiaomi's flagship phones (Qualcomm) 'cause of weak support and lack of proper custom roms... not nice when you spend 300> euros...

Edited by slime00

Guest Mouratti

Hello guys, i have a newbie issue, i have leak v3 rom, gravitybox....and now my phone hide the status bar, i cant find how to fix it ....they appear if i slide the finger but no locked.

Can anyone help please thanks

Got it is the launcher change by herself lol

Edited by Mouratti

I miss some free time now when TeleKineza started serious business and I'll have

several phones to review during next few days.

If you want to repack Baidu I can help you. No problem :)

Edited by dakok

Guest codecex

hi, i have notifications problems like a few users that i can read in a few pages ago, so, can you help me to fix them please? i tried laek v3, laek v4 and push notification fixer, but i dont have notifications when i am connected using wifi.

Thanks in advance

Guest slime00

Mlais 4.4.3 update to 016 version!

http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-486593-1-1.html

2014-10-28: 4.4.3 1. Lai Shi bottom package based on US transplant update, update the official end of the package to 4.4_016 version 2. Storage mount properly connected to the computer defaults to MTP mode (internal and external storage is not supported random switching, the default fuselage) 3. Update the kernel, baseband, the camera driver to the latest version 4.3G network showed normal, normal breathing light 5. Built ROOT permissions, restart the privilege is not lost 6. Fixed the problem of low system bell, the sound quality improved significantly

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cZ0dw Password: ql42